Allan McGregor

Alan Johnson

What was up with him today?
Early on he’s ranting and raving like a lunatic,he then charges to the halfway line and gets himself booked,continues ranting and gesticulating at the CB’s instead of focusing on his own game,he then charges off his line and sells the jerseys for the goal.
He was a liability today.

I think he’s tired of watching the same turgid displays in front of him. Clearly trying to get the players to move the ball quicker.

For the goal, yes he didn’t cover himself in glory, but the defence switched off to allow the opportunity in the first place.

He decided a few players needed a right good kick up the arse he decided to tell them. I was personally delighted to see at least one of our players showing that passion in the first half & quite frankly the players he was having a go at deserved it.
Who was he digging out mate? Couldn't see on RTV

He appeared to be calling Tav out really early on when he didn't challenge for one of his kicks from goal ( we literally always hit Tav on a diagonal from a McGregor kick).

Anyway Tav seemed to go into his shell after the little bollocking which raged McGregor which consequently, IMO only, resulted in him realising he better get the arses kicked because nobody else was going to do it.

Seeing McGregor going daft is hardly anything new. He commands his box and his defence and if he doesn’t like what he sees, he gets them told. I’m sure Sasa Papac could explain that better, given he was a regular recipient of the mid game bollocking award.

And so he made a mistake. We all make them. His are very rare.

He clearly gets as frustrated about the shite unfolding in front of him as I do in the stands.

He's probably just watched one shite, weak, gutless performance in front of him too many and he's not putting up with it any longer.

I Love the fact he cares and if his teammates had his mentality then we'd be in a beautiful place.

In saying that, if he keeps it up the way he's been going the past few games - and I can only imagine how he reacts at half time and full time in the dressing room as well - then I'm concerned he's gonnae end up giving himself a heart attack!

He appeared to be calling Tav out really early on when he didn't challenge for one of his kicks from goal ( we literally always hit Tav on a diagonal from a McGregor kick).

Anyway Tav seemed to go into his shell after the little bollocking which raged McGregor which consequently, IMO only, resulted in him realising he better get the arses kicked because nobody else was going to do it.
Gerrard gave Tav an absolute bollocking later in the match as well, and to be fair Tav gave him some back.

Wes came in when Allan got himself retrospectively banned.
Wes done well.
Wes gets dropped.

That imo is wrong. If you get your chance and take it you should stay in.

As for today it was like a rewind of Samaras goal, he didn’t do great for McGinns goal on Tuesday, didn’t even make an attempt at saving it.
He’s a top goalie but he’s had a few iffy moments recently

He’s the reason we are anywhere near top of this league and by far the last player that should be getting any shit!!
The moans on here about Tav and the lack of captains... and then people complain about him.
Wish we had 11 voices and the passion he has

His concentration was effected today.

He was trying to lift the team and this effected his own game.

What I would give for another five or six with his passion and aggression.

He was also at fault for the goal today but people seem to airbrush that out
I know he was on a booking but as a goalie if you're gonna come for it you have to commit.

No use running out and stopping a few yards short.

The result does not lie squarely at his door but he lacked decisiveness today

Wes came in when Allan got himself retrospectively banned.
Wes done well.
Wes gets dropped.

That imo is wrong. If you get your chance and take it you should stay in.

As for today it was like a rewind of Samaras goal, he didn’t do great for McGinns goal on Tuesday, didn’t even make an attempt at saving it.
He’s a top goalie but he’s had a few iffy moments recently
That rule doesn't apply generally to keepers mate.McGregor is by far the superior keeper.

Early on he’s ranting and raving like a lunatic,he then charges to the halfway line and gets himself booked,continues ranting and gesticulating at the CB’s instead of focusing on his own game,he then charges off his line and sells the jerseys for the goal.
Mental performance from him but I’m definitely cutting him some slack. At least he showed some passion.

He needs to channel the aggression. He has been a bit OTT of late which led to a stupid booking and selling a goal today.

Not the first time this season McGregor's been at fault for a goal we've lost to Kilmarnock.

He's above criticism on here though.

Giving away goals is an odd way to show it. Needs to get out his own arse and focus on his job.

Ach mate, seriously?

He has saved our arse many times this season, he may have dropped a howler today, but I could say the same. about Worrall, Goldson, Tav, Barisic, McCrorie, Candeias and many more.

Greegs is the least culpable in that respect.

He is frustrated as %^*&, the guy bleeds blue blood and fights with all his heart.

I don't think it's fair claiming he is shipping goals, when he made one bad call that cost us a goal.

Probably frustrated at what's in front of him

He was the same on tuesday minus the run to the halfway line.

I think his actions work against the team.

Ach mate, seriously?

He has saved our arse many times this season, he may have dropped a howler today, but I could say the same. about Worrall, Goldson, Tav, Barisic, McCrorie, Candeias and many more.

Greegs is the least culpable in that respect.

He is frustrated as %^*&, the guy bleeds blue blood and fights with all his heart.

I don't think it's fair claiming he is shipping goals, when he made one bad call that cost us a goal.

Seriously.

He’s been great his season. But he seemed more interested today in shouting at everyone else than doing his job. Blasting the ball at the boy Goldson halved at the end could have easy seen him get a second yellow too.

Allan McGregor needs to focus on doing what he does best. Leave the rest of it out, it’s embarassing.

I think he’s tired of watching the same turgid displays in front of him. Clearly trying to get the players to move the ball quicker.

For the goal, yes he didn’t cover himself in glory, but the defence switched off to allow the opportunity in the first place.

I agree. We have seen a succession of defensive errors this season. Greegs is a perfectionist and wanted to call out those who keep making mistakes. The entire FF match thread said the Rangers performance was rubbish, why should he not be allowed to say so also? Yep he made a mistake but it was a pretty rare one. He’s allowed.

I agree. We have seen a succession of defensive errors this season. Greegs is a perfectionist and wanted to call out those who keep making mistakes. The entire FF match thread said the Rangers performance was rubbish, why should he not be allowed to say so also? Yep he made a mistake but it was a pretty rare one. He’s allowed.

He should concentrate on his own game & cutting out errors he makes.

His rage has increased since he got the ban, he’s been in the face of every Ref since.
He’s also frustrated with the poor cover, even when we play 2 defensive midfielders.

I think he snapped today. He's probably the only one who knows what standards are expected. I can't blame him tbh. No one else looked looked like saying anything, including the manager.
I sincerely hope we've got buyers lined up as another rebuild is required unfortunately.

Seriously.

He’s been great his season. But he seemed more interested today in shouting at everyone else than doing his job. Blasting the ball at the boy Goldson halved at the end could have easy seen him get a second yellow too.

Allan McGregor needs to focus on doing what he does best. Leave the rest of it out, it’s embarassing.

I agree, he has lost focus this past couple of months, I've noticed it too.

It wasn't that I was trying to argue against your point, I just feel he is one of the most concerned of our players.

What I've noticed is that he has become quite wreckless at times, lunging at opposition players. Ferguson against the wooly backs being a prime example. He is also very aggressive verbally towards refs, probably because he is fucked off like the rest of us, but like you say, he needs to contain it.

I also noticed against Hibs he went for a 50/50 at the byline, on his right side and he was slightly behind, he and the Hibs players clashed and he went down, you could see him contemplate the situation, then he sprung up and went after the ref. It just looked a total mess.

Again I think he is just as pissed off as the rest of us, but he needs to curb his reactions a bit.

Shows his passion, but his mistake cost us a goal today. An aberration, I think his rants shows what the club means to him.

Undoubtedly a great keeper but the nonsense with the wee kicks at opponents and that ranting and raving today make one thing clear

We need to be looking at a replacement pretty soon

Back