Allan McGregor

Almost cost a goal also. Letting the ball go over his head thinking it was heading for a goal kick then it ended up hitting the bar.

But yes - generally a very good and important GK.

A great keeper.But like all keepers a mistake is amplified 10 fold because they are the last man.

Save? He mustve made 3 easy catches throughout the full game...

I'm confused. Can't remember him making any save today never mind one of such grace and quality

What save? I remember him catching the shot at the end but don't remember St Noreen creating anything other than the cross/shot hitting the post.

Unless the OP has just woken up after Thursday.

The St Mirren striker overran the only real SM attempt and could only glance it up for an easy catch by McGregor late in the game - that is all I can think of

Almost cost a goal also. Letting the ball go over his head thinking it was heading for a goal kick then it ended up hitting the bar.

I agree with your first paragraph, however every great Goalie has his lapses. Think on the, “Goalies” first game at Tynecastle, letting the Ball sail over his head and into the net! Outfield players make a mistake and can correct it, Goalies no way.

While I agree in general, he is a terrific keeper, yesterday we could have had Goram in goals at his current age and not have conceded!

I think it would have been harsh to blame any keeper had that cross drifted in.

As for the OP, I'm not sure what "Goram-esque" save was made yesterday, nor indeed any save of note.

What I will say is on the chance they had 3 mins to go - the big striker mis- controlled it - McGregor is there to make what looks like an easysave - 6 yards out like that - keepers are trained via their instincts to look at the connection and go with that - his composure to be there for what seems an easy catch is actually great goalkeeping and we are lucky to have him.

Very harsh to blame McGregor for that.
I think it would have been harsh to blame any keeper had that cross drifted in.

As for the OP, I'm not sure what "Goram-esque" save was made yesterday, nor indeed any save of note.

I don't understand this.

Hypothetically, if that ball drops in, who is at fault then?

A keeper surely has to know his angles and where his posts are?

I don't imagine Wes would be getting the same leniency

I don't understand this.

Sometimes things cannot be legislated for on a football pitch. Not everything needs someone to blame.

Had that dropped in it may have left McGregor looking silly but it doesn't mean he has made an error. If he is in the correct position for the cross that all in the stadium expected, including the St Mirren player, then there would have been little he could do for such a mishit.

Had it been Foderingham in goal my opinon would have been the same.

Sometimes things cannot be legislated for on a football pitch. Not everything needs someone to blame.

Had that dropped in it may have left McGregor looking silly but it doesn't mean he has made an error. If he is in the correct position for the cross that all in the stadium expected, including the St Mirren player, then there would have been little he could do for such a mishit.

Had it been Foderingham in goal my opinon would have been the same.

Fair enough.

I'm probably harder on McGregor there but in the end it's all hypothetical

More importantly, did he get a knock near the end? Will he be okay for Thursday?
I'd think so. He was kicking after he seemed to take a knock so whatever it was it couldn't have been serious.

Last edited:
Neither Goldson or helander looked clever at the chance when st mirren should've equalised both were 2/3 yards away from the st mirren striker on the 6 yd box

Mcgreggor is one of the best shot stoppers around. But like other keepers he has his faults i personally wish he would come for a ball as i think he puts doubts into the defence when he stays on his line.

I don't understand this.

Yeah it was a mistake alright, he got his bearings wrong and misjudged the flight of the ball, assumed it was about to drift comfortably wide and in the end it was about a half an inch away from dropping in the net.

Back