Allan Saint-Maximin

St Andrews Bear

Busted Windscreen Bear
What a player this lad is, a genuine talent. Far too good to be at Newcastle, is destined for a big move soon. I hope he can now stay injury free.

Season disrupted as had covid. Good player, now needs a run of starting games to build up consistency.

I must be me then, every time I watch him he seems to run into a crowd or holds on to the ball too long.
Yep, I’d say it is just you!

He is by far their best player, got hammered with Covid earlier in the year and took him a while to get back to full fitness, which coincided with the arse falling out Newcastle’s season.

I get frustrated every time I watch him. He can go past players with ease but his final ball and decision making is terrible. If he sorts that out then he could be world class

Is he actually injury prone or just struggling for fitness under Bruce's training schedule ?

Was listening to a podcast last week when it was said that the Newcastle players are constantly complaining to the club's hierarchy about the lack of training done under Bruce and it was remarked that the number of days off they get is incredible. Supposedly at times they're getting six days out of nine off and bascially having to train by themselves to keep their fitness ticking over.

Is he actually injury prone or just struggling for fitness under Bruce's training schedule ?

Was listening to a podcast last week when it was said that the Newcastle players are constantly complaining to the club's hierarchy about the lack of training done under Bruce and it was remarked that the number of days off they get is incredible. Supposedly at times they're getting six days out of nine off and bascially having to train by themselves to keep their fitness ticking over.

Seventies style training, which would be a fit for Bruce.

Not convinced he’ll get a top side, but he shouldn’t play for relegation candidates.

TBF, I thought Mane was erratic at the start.
Yeah I agree with this. At the top level though you need players with excellent decision making, which I think has held him back from moving up the ladder in France and here. When he’s on form though he’s very exciting.

Once I just about knew every name of every player in the Scottish and English top leagues and their strengths as I would avidly watch absolutely any football I could. Now my knowledge of players outwith Rangers you would struggle to fill a stamp with. I've genuinely never heard of this guy, lol. I'll ask my sons opinion, no doubt Fifa will tell him if he's any good or not. B-)

There was an article i seen a couple of weeks ago that said training at Newcastle (when they're actually in) consists of Bruce throwing a ball into the middle and the players organising teams etc.

Now i imagine that is a bit of hyperbole but it does seem there's a lack of professionalism at Newcastle currently.

In regards to Saint Maximin he can definitely get a bigger move this summer. I wonder if Rodgers would fancy him at Leicester ?

Back