Allan, Taylor and Morgan

But Hibs were refusing to deal with us in the first place.

His deal was up the following summer, he only had to dig in his heels for a couple of months until the January window and we would have a) signed him on a pre-contract or b) signed him for a pittance for Hibs to avoid losing him for nothing.

6 months, not long compared to the 4 years of purgatory he endured that has ended his career.

I wanted Allan at the time and felt he would have done really well for us, for where we were but I can't see how he would fit into our team now. We need hard working players for our midfield 3 and he is too much of a luxury player. Maybe he could have been coached differently and been a more rounded player if he had been working with Gerrard for 18 months but I'm not too sure.

I agree with most posters above, that at the time Allan may have improved us slightly under Warburton, but Taylor wouldn't have improved us in a million years. As for Morgan from St.Mirren, that really baffles me because he is so lightweight and average it's not true.

Who was it that Walter said we were interested in, knowing that they would try one up us, and them ending up signing the absolute diddy? For the life of me I can't remember who it was.

Who was it that Walter said we were interested in, knowing that they would try one up us, and them ending up signing the absolute diddy? For the life of me I can't remember who it was.
Was that it Walter's 2nd stint with us? It does ring a bell tbh.

Allan would have been very good for us at the time we wanted him. He is a good player. Celtic signing him was utterly pointless as he was never going to play.

They have previous. Sadly these young lads always tend to fail with them.

Its clear Allan is a player who needs a decent path and a shoulder. Used as a pawn with them.

i hope they keep signing SPL dross to 'get one over on us' how much did they pay for Taylor?

I can understand the professionalism of a Rangers supporter signing for them in days gone by but why lose your soul?

If it wasn't for Kilmarnocks ridiculous asking price, I'd have taken Taylor as a back up to Barisic. Nowhere near as good obviously but we wouldn't lose balance re Flanagan. Won't ever happen now of course.

Allan was just stupid. I know some will say short career and didn't want to take the risk of getting injured while waiting on us to sign him for free but ffs, it was definitely a risk worth taking.
In the words of someone else on here,
"He sold his soul for f*nian gold. May hell slap it into you, son."

Allan I think would have been good for us, & apparently he was never really accepted by the Celtic players & staff because of his leanings towards us.?

I think it is a small part of lawwell's modus operandi.

Basically he tries to "out gun" us on known rangers fans playing in Scotland to placate the nutters in their support. For example I doubt they really want shankland

it’s a model they use that is always a gamble - buy a good young player and develop him, But for every Ryan Christie or Stewart Armstrong, there is a Lewis Morgan or Jack Henry. (Or indeed Greg Docherty)

I wonder if David Turnbull is wondering what his options are

Allan - was daft him going there unless the money meant never needing working again. Obvious he wouldn’t play or struggle to and only signed as a get it up you to us.

Taylor - don’t get it they had just bought a left back! For him though no doubt on pretty low wages so can understand him jumping adding in that the left back they bought looked mince!

Did us a favour on all three really. I do think Allan had the ability to improve our team at the time but doubt he had the attitude, he never grasped the chance to improve with them, so doubt he would have with us. His career is one big missed opportunity.
If he sat tight for 6 months we could have agreed a deal for him it was his choice to move to the poets nobody else's

He could have sat in for a few months and signed on a pre contract?
Exactly this , the tit only had to sit tight for 6 months and he’d have got his dream move but chose the mentally challenged coin .
Couple of years from now and he’ll be playing in the lower leagues thinking snout what might have been . So %^*& him

I guess paying the mortgage and looking after your families if you have one may entice you to the money with them.
I say i couldn't sign for them ever, but until its on the table we really dont know.
Some like nacho said no.

Exactly this , the tit only had to sit tight for 6 months and he’d have got his dream move but chose the mentally challenged coin .
Couple of years from now and he’ll be playing in the lower leagues thinking snout what might have been . So %^*& him
Instead of looking at his medals he can always remember "that pass" in a humping at Ibrox.

N
Players that the filth signed mainly due to thinking it was players that we'd be after?
None have had a run in their team, so seemed strange that they put so much effort into signing them.
All grew up Rangers fan (as far as I'm aware)
Imho...none other than Allan (at that time) would have improved us.

Just a thought, is this something Lawwell would do?

...and trying to get to x250 posts

I wanted Allan at the time but he's not shown much. Won't do the dirty / boring side of the game so he's not for me. We can't afford passengers.

Definitely deliberate signing policy from the mhanky mob.

Definitely selling policy from HIVS to appease the fans.

Most of their signings don't really work out, if they want to waste money then fair enough. Allan had some potential but will always be known for wasting his talent.

At the time Allan would have improved us as a team. I remember rumours at the time that we offered the same financial package in terms of a weekly wage, but they offered more appearance money. If true, that worked out well for him!!

Its not the first time they have done this. They would rather sign a good young player and leave him to rot in their reserves, knowing that we wouldn't sign them in the future unless they were exceptional ie Kenny Miller.

The Allan signing was a disgrace on both Hibs and Celtics part. We were going to walk the Championship that season with our without Allan, the way Hibs acted during that transfer saga ultimately ruined his career.
I’m sure Stubbs turned down a move to Liverpool because he’s a big Everton fan so for him to push a player to sign for their teams opposition it’s hypocritical

Back