Alloa pitch against Morton

WBD

Official Ticketer
vxhfo.jpg

Just been sent this by a mate who is a Morton fan (Don't know if it will work :eek:) from the last time they played them.

Shocker!

They don't care for entertainment at Alloa. Honestly why would you pay to watch?

I'm torn on this one. They are only doing what they're allowed to do within the letters of the law, but should it be legal? Or should a club have to submit their pitch size before the season starts and stick to it? Or, should a team be allowed to use their home advantage to decide tactically depending on opposition and current squad strength (due to injuries etc)?

I'm undecided and interested in others opinions. Sway me :)

I'm torn on this one. They are only doing what they're allowed to do within the letters of the law, but should it be legal? Or should a club have to submit their pitch size before the season starts and stick to it? Or, should a team be allowed to use their home advantage to decide tactically depending on opposition and current squad strength (due to injuries etc)?

Me too. Obviously they are within the minimum size. But FFS they are playing a team in the same league and I don't think they are having extraordinary issues.

Played 11s on a pitch a few years ago that was the minimum sizes, and it was horrific. Felt like a playground game of football, no space, goal kicks going box to box, losing a thrown in at the half way line was basically creating a scoring opportunity for the opposition.

Can't imagine the game above was much of a spectacle.

Me too. Obviously they are within the minimum size. But FFS they are playing a team in the same league and I don't think they are having extraordinary issues.
Yeah. It's pretty lame. But they must figure it will give them an advantage which is their right. Playing devil's advocate It could be a managerial master stroke.

And having thought about it, forcing teams to declare a pitch size at start of season might force clubs like Alloa to be cautious and go smaller, which would be worse.

Same old Alloa, always cheating.
Did we cheat ? We done it against Dynamo Kiev to gain an advantage and won the match, Alloa regardless where or who they play have done the same and won the match by using it to their advantage,they obviously think by narrowing the pitch it makes the game more compact and lessens any threat by the Morton wide players,that's why Rangers did it.

I love it when people mention Dynamo Kiev...it was 32 years ago! Things change. lol.

They did it against us but they were allowed as they had played everyone at home already.

Whatever floats Alloa's boat

The narrowest park i ever seen was Shettleston against Irvine Meadow at Shettleston after a draw at Meadow Park Shettleston brought the pitch into minimum width 50 yards unbelievable

I thought the rules had changed fairly recently, in that the pitch dimensions had to be submitted at start of the season and had to be adhered to, with no changes allowed?

Home team should always use whatever tactics they can to gain any advantage. Saying that, im not sure there are much in the way of tactics at Alloa

I love it when people mention Dynamo Kiev...it was 32 years ago! Things change. lol.

They did it against us but they were allowed as they had played everyone at home already.

Whatever floats Alloa's boat
Does it matter how long ago it happened ? There is nothing illegal about it and even going back 32yrs to present day clubs are still allowed to do it.

To make it easier for everyone perhaps clubs once submitting pitch dimentions at the start of the season then can't change them to the following season.

I have watched Alloa a few times this season but only twice at Recreation Park and both times the pitch has been this way. I don't think they are allowed to change it after the season starts. Alloa are the only part time team in the league and they also have the smallest budget so they think doing this helps their quest to stay in the Championship. They play a 4 5 1 formation so its very difficult to play against. They don't get stretched on the wing so everything ends up going through the middle, which is what they want. IF they do stay up it will be the home results that keep them in the league. I personally think the part time thing will take its toll and will see them relegated .

They can’t change it after first game

i think they can change the dimensions halfway through the season, after every club has played on it once.

Shouldn't be able to change pitch size during season.

I know we have done it on a couple of occasions, once very famously, but it still shouldn't be allowed.

I think home teams should be able to do what they want but, they should have to give 7 days notice of any change to pitch dimensions declared at start of season.

They need to draw the line somewhere...:cool:

Good friends with a groundsman at a league 2 club. Know that he very slightly narrowed the pitch on a diagonal when we played there so it was tighter to the end we were attacking first half. Back fired in the 2nd half mind you but he never had great foresight.

Latest posts

Back