Ally McCoist apparently doing “I’m a Celebrity”

Apologies if already posted, I couldn’t see a thread.

Anyway, various media sources saying that he’s one of the favourites to go into the jungle this year.

would have thought his punditry work would be paying the bills for him. If he goes in then I’d hope he’d win.

Thoughts? Any truth in it or load of muck?
Gardening money no enough for sticky mits

TibbsyBear

I can’t see this at all . Unless it’s for charity , why would he demean himself in front of the nation ? Ally has nothing to prove and is much loved throughout Britain. He is financially well off . I think this can be filed under nonsense .
How would he be demeaning himself?

Think some people are taking it too seriously. It’s a bit of fun and a different experience. Coincidentally a highly paid bit of fun.

What’s the problem.

Ally was the nation’s sweetheart if you like, on a Question of Sport. There’s no doubt he would be massively popular on this and no doubt an early favourite with the bookies.

Coisty09

Official Ticketer
With some of the nonsense he’s been coming out with in recent weeks I hope he gets lost in the jungle!!
I used to be one of his biggest fans but he seems less able to express his support for the Bears as the weeks and months go by.
You can tell his paymasters are getting to him.

SuperGers07

He'd have no issues stripping off for the camera at least. Given his previous of baring his arse to get the balls skelped off him at training.:))

#Greattimes.

PrivateAye72

He'd have no issues stripping off for the camera at least. Given his previous of baring his arse to get the balls skelped off him at training.:))

#Greattimes.
Presume you haven't heard Steven Gerrard talking about this very game on 'A League of Their Own' when he talks about it being a great laugh and used to love doing it at training? Not outwith the realms of possibility it goes on at all clubs... including our own.

MMols99

He'd be the most entertaining celeb since Johnny rotten was on it. He'd defo win as he's one of the best sports personalitys in Britain. Top guy and funny as %^*&. Wish him all the best if he goes in

Hurleyreyes

Got a picture in my office of me and him, after I met him on holiday.

Least if he goes on 'I'm a celeb', it will stop people asking whos that. :)) (I live in sunny Englandshire)

HenningBerg

How would he be demeaning himself?

Think some people are taking it too seriously. It’s a bit of fun and a different experience. Coincidentally a highly paid bit of fun.

What’s the problem.

Ally was the nation’s sweetheart if you like, on a Question of Sport. There’s no doubt he would be massively popular on this and no doubt an early favourite with the bookies.
I just don’t think the record goal scorer and ex manager of our club should be prancing around in the jungle acting the goat in front of millions of tv viewers in amongst largely failed “ celebrities “ who are only on it to desperately try and get their career back on track or because they’re needing the money .

Ally needs neither .

To me he’s loved as it is , he’s more to lose than he has to gain .

It’s a definite no from me on so many levels . Thankfully I don’t think I need to worry , he won’t be doing it.

WinkieWATP

With some of the nonsense he’s been coming out with in recent weeks I hope he gets lost in the jungle!!
I used to be one of his biggest fans but he seems less able to express his support for the Bears as the weeks and months go by.
You can tell his paymasters are getting to him.
Absolute nonsense. Ally loves the club.

TibbsyBear

I just don’t think the record goal scorer and ex manager of our club should be prancing around in the jungle acting the goat in front of millions of tv viewers in amongst largely failed “ celebrities “ who are only on it to desperately try and get their career back on track or because they’re needing the money .

Ally needs neither .

To me he’s loved as it is , he’s more to lose than he has to gain .

It’s a definite no from me on so many levels . Thankfully I don’t think I need to worry , he won’t be doing it.
So are you completely discounting the possibility that maybe this is something fun and challenging that Ally would like to do?

HenningBerg

So are you completely discounting the possibility that maybe this is something fun and challenging that Ally would like to do?
There’s no reason why he would do it , but plenty reasons why he won’t is what I’m saying . He’s nothing to prove and more to lose than gain .

TibbsyBear

There’s no reason why he would do it , but plenty reasons why he won’t is what I’m saying . He’s nothing to prove and more to lose than gain .
How can you say that without knowing him personally? Maybe the reason for him doing it is simply - he quite fancies it.

That’s why I’m saying, why does it need to be a situation of having something to prove?

What if it’s just a fun experience he quite fancies?

It’s a bit of fun and a decent pay check. Why over analyse everything...

dmaude1872

I still think he's largely unproven as a manager, given the circumstances. I'd like to see him in the SPFL or EFL Championship.

The jungle? Not so much.

Bristol_bnose3

He's got nothing to lose. Assuming you realise his career now is simply 'TV/Radio personality' and that he might just want to do it for the laugh/life experience, then I'm struggling why you think this would be detrimental to him.

Just to be clear he isn't going in as 'Rangers legend Ally McCoist". Most of the ITV audience (i.e England) know him as the guy off Question of Sport"

Reactions: BWO

HenningBerg

He's got nothing to lose. Assuming you realise his career now is simply 'TV/Radio personality' and that he might just want to do it for the laugh/life experience, then I'm struggling why you think this would be detrimental to him.

Just to be clear he isn't going in as 'Rangers legend Ally McCoist". Most of the ITV audience (i.e England) know him as the guy off Question of Sport"
What if something happens in there to make him become less popular? Not everyone comes out smelling of roses when they do it. In fact depending on editing it’s made some people look really bad

Why someone like McCoist would risk what he has for” a bit of fun” is beyond me . I don’t think he will.

TheRational1

He should be class on it. I'll look for his best bits instead of watching it though lol. My ex used to watch it every year so I'd see bits of it but I wouldn't watch that crap unless it was with a woman.

Bristol_bnose3

What if something happens in there to make him become less popular? Not everyone comes out smelling of roses when they do it. In fact depending on editing it’s made some people look really bad

Why someone like McCoist would risk what he has for” a bit of fun” is beyond me . I don’t think he will.
I think you might be overthinking this. Anyway, we agree to disagree!

WinkieWATP

100k or so for a couple of weeks work you'd need to be off your nut to knock it back.