Ally McCoist brands Scott Brown Rangers antics 'embarrassing' as he has a dig at Kevin Clancy

Bottom line though we didn't play well enough to win
Correct, no matter what system we played or father Clancy's performance, we were shyte, too many players hiding, too many loose and misplaced passes, midfield MIA not enough effort, not enough fight, we got what we deserved, %^*& all.

Funny enough Aberdeen played with the same pathetic Jack Ross tactics resorted to by Hibs when they beat us.

It was almost as if they KNEW Father Clancy would be on their side. Like the Hibs game there was plenty of pathetic embarrassing ,diving and tantrums. Kent was CLEARLY targeted by ex Celtic losers Brown and Hayes.

It was almost as if the instructions were 'get in Kent's face and Father Clancy will do the rest'.

The common denominator in both games was Rogue Ref Clancy - but sadly that means nothing to a Rogue SFA

There must be fifty threads already saying this.
Couldn’t you have posted this wonderful insight in one of these?
It’s not what this thread is about.

I'm more interested in what we can control , a decent performance and we would have taken 3 points even with a bad ref

the kent decision i felt had zero change on outcome we did not look like doing it before the sending off

Not much threat atall without Aribo. We forget they clipped the post early on and could have had a penalty. Regardless of Clancy there's no way we would have got 3 points there

Clancy was atrocious and cannot be put down to being a poor referee! How can a player elbow someone in the face twice and not a red card or even a yellow, it is beyond a joke now, Brown`s dive to get Kent a second yellow was pathetic but Clancy fell for it again. Shoud never be allowed near a Rangers game again
Clancy never fell for anything mate. He knew exactly what he was doing as did the kid-on hard man. Could have been pre-arranged for all we know, certainly wouldn’t put it past them. Maybe that’s what they were laughing about leaving the pitch.

Bottom line though we didn't play well enough to win
They were allowed to foul and stop our play at will, we were punished every time we tackled them. Don’t you think that kind of stuff stifles our play/ tactics? What about a couple of their players being correctly cautioned and sent off could that have swung the game in our favour? You will always get tight games. If your reffed differently in these games then you have no chance

I am probably wrong, but I thought we may have got a penalty in the 2nd half.

Kent tried to dink it in the box - not much pace. And I think Lego handled it.

Somehow, Clancy gives them a free-kick for "obstruction".

I'm more interested in what we can control , a decent performance and we would have taken 3 points even with a bad ref
Yep, although a penalty was the only way they were scoring, a point was probably a fair reflection of the game, our defence was solid but our midfield was toothless and got overrun at times.

Hopefully Gio has went through them in training since.

Neither did Celtic against Hearts, or Livi, but they still got wrong decisions to help them, and the offside Kyogo goal gained them 3 points.

Our performance is a separate issue.
Yeah,they've had a few "breaks" going their way G ,but other than hagis goal on tuesday,we never created anything,it was the habitual lazy ,post break attitude.

It's gone now,the ref did us no favours,it's history,we dust ourselves down,kick the arses that need kicked and push on.

Well done Ally at least someone has the bottle to call a Rogue Ref out!

Could you check with the Rogue SFA if it's now OK for ALL players to smilingly wave red-carded players off the park?
There is no problem as long as ALL players have that right with no SFA or referee repercussions.

As for McGregor's supposed penalty, I just can't see anything obvious. I think VAR is fantastic but the only problem down south is the rules. If there is doubt, miss it out.

If it takes more than 1 minute to make a decision then there's doubt!
He called them out like Geoffry Howe in Parliament.

Why miss out on all the other discrepancies and then throw in "it was a pen" to appease?

Yeah,they've had a few "breaks" going their way G ,but other than hagis goal on tuesday,we never created anything,it was the habitual lazy ,post break attitude.

It's gone now,the ref did us no favours,it's history,we dust ourselves down,kick the arses that need kicked and push on.
Lewis had the best save of the match and Goldson should have scored from a free kick. We had more shots on target than them.

"ally joked" lol we know that he was deadly serious because it's a fact . Just like it was when he said that we can just play fixtures whenever it suits the bheasts.

He called them out like Geoffry Howe in Parliament.

Why miss out on all the other discrepancies and then throw in "it was a pen" to appease?
Is he not allowed an opinion if it doesn’t match the groupthink of FF.com?

Agree or disagree with him, but the idea every other point of view is just pandering to ‘appease’ others is nonsense.

Who would he be trying to appease out of interest?

Yep, although a penalty was the only way they were scoring, a point was probably a fair reflection of the game, our defence was solid but our midfield was toothless and got overrun at times.

Hopefully Gio has went through them in training since.
Was there a problem with the ref i think that is what ally is suggesting ?

We better hope the next ref isnt as biased.

This isn't acceptable though. We shouldn't have to beat a referee too. And that seems to be the case every time Clancy is wheeled out to referee us.

Fans like the guy you quoted ensure we’re a soft touch with referees, whereas Celtic and their fans evidently scare the shite out of refs, whether they play badly or not and it works.

I’m not saying we should go full blown conspiracy mentalist, but we should reserve the right to complain like %^*& about refereeing like Tuesdays whether we play well or not.

Its not as though Clancy doesn’t have form, we rightly still speak about his shambolic performance at Parkhead in a game we won.

Fans like the guy you quoted ensure we’re a soft touch with referees, whereas Celtic and their fans evidently scare the shite out of refs, whether they play badly or not and it works.

I’m not saying we should go full blown conspiracy mentalist, but we should reserve the right to complain like %^*& about refereeing like Tuesdays whether we play well or not.

Its not as though Clancy doesn’t have form, we rightly still speak about his shambolic performance at Parkhead in a game we won.
The board have never really gotten on top of it and given we have zero friends in the press it gets glossed over. Just imagine for a second if the Yahoos were reffed to the standards we were on Tuesday. There would be an uproar. It would start with Sutton, Harston, McManus and the rest of the useful drooling idiots on social media and then it'd be wall to wall coverage on Sportsound and Snyde. This is going to get worse as the season goes on. It's like 2008 all over again.

Just sick watching our players getting bullied by Broon and Co.when we play them.

Our players looked scared and timid out there, tired of watching the same movie when we play up there.

It’s time to end this, and sort this lot out.
Once and for all.

Please Rangers buy an enforcer.

somebody said to me the other night "it's a penalty and I'd be calling for it if it was us as well"

what did I say? "what would Morelos or Kent have got in the same situation? a penalty or a yellow card and remember where the game is being played?"

response "ah well, maybe right there"

there should have been no penalties given in the game because their potential one wasn't a pen and Morelos' handball wasn't one either

Does Ally mean that they were doing the Gay Gordons together mean,
They we're off to get a room together, as we've all suspected?

Just sick watching our players getting bullied by Broon and Co.when we play them.

Our players looked scared and timid out there, tired of watching the same movie when we play up there.

It’s time to end this, and sort this lot out.
Once and for all.

Please Rangers buy an enforcer.
Doesn't help when they get away with murder mate,we try the same back and we'd only get players sent off! Look at the Kent one ffs,sent off for %^*& all!

I thought it was a penalty and would have been screaming for it at the other end. Was very surprised Clancy didnt give it. After that we never got a decision from the referee.
Imagine our captain behaved the way Broon does he would be hounded out the club our fans wouldnt accept it. Hes an embarrassing moron
In real time i thought it was a pen (got called all sorts on here) but watching replays i was 50/50. Either way, v surprised KC didn't give it

Correct, no matter what system we played or father Clancy's performance, we were shyte, too many players hiding, too many loose and misplaced passes, midfield MIA not enough effort, not enough fight, we got what we deserved, %^*& all.
somebody said to me the other night "it's a penalty and I'd be calling for it if it was us as well"

what did I say? "what would Morelos or Kent have got in the same situation? a penalty or a yellow card and remember where the game is being played?"

response "ah well, maybe right there"

there should have been no penalties given in the game because their potential one wasn't a pen and Morelos' handball wasn't one either
The clinching proof of Clancy’s cheating is the ball rolling off the spot at their penalty. There is absolutely no doubt that Clancy disregarded the laws of the game to allow a team to score against Rangers.

Our captain should be speaking directly to the referee during the match about each incident, including the NFL blocking tactics at free kicks, Browns repeated nonsense, and that scarified-faced guy Hayes attacks, as well as that penalty. If our captain asks Clancy why the penalty wasnt retaken, then he has to answer. If he waves him away, our manager should mention if after the game. Not as a criticism (no doubt there would be a fine for that, but as a fact.

Its good , maybe he should give Boyd a shove off the fence as well.
Very interesting how Kris Boyd at half time is adamant it's not a penalty but then at full time reckons it was a penalty.

McInnes also seemed much more certain it was a penalty at full time after initially being unsure and saying it would have been really harsh.

Walker didn't think it was a penalty either I would add.

Yet here we are with the consensus in the media is it should have been a penalty.

Wasnt Clancy initially down as being the ref for the old firm but got changed to Madden? You think they know he is bias and that its too obvious in an old firm so stick im against aberdeen?

Brown wouldn’t have dared indulged in embarrassing antics against any of the Rangers teams McCoist played in, a lengthy time on the treatment table would have been ahead if he did

I am probably wrong, but I thought we may have got a penalty in the 2nd half.

Kent tried to dink it in the box - not much pace. And I think Lego handled it.

Somehow, Clancy gives them a free-kick for "obstruction".
Brown never handled the ball.

Let's take a serious look at Scottish referees.
About 5 seasons ago the word was out that Ryan Jack was a thug. They all went in to games looking for it and found it. He was even sent off for RECEIVING a head butt.
Then the focus moved to Morelos. He got a reputation as a thug and diver. The refs went in to the games looking for it and found it. He was incorrectly sent off twice (minimum) and off the top of my head, denied two stonewall pens due to his reputation with refs, fueled by the SMSM.

In the past decade we have watched Brown get in to all manner of antics. His blocking off the ball is well known. His leap in the air is well known to gain a foul. His backing into opponents with his arm outstretched is well known. Refs just don't seem to be able to catch him. If they did they would receive no backing from SMSM.

At almost every corner Celtic players have handfuls of opposing players shirts but they just can't be caught. If they were we'd get a media story about John Greig holding Harry Hood's shirt in 1973.

When Rangers play everyone except Sellic, the time wasting is rampant. Literally nothing is done about it. Refs don't care and the media don't care. If someone is booked it's generally around the 90th minute.

Celtic have the biggest play actor we've seen in Scottish football yet he is given the benefit of the doubt by every ref and media outlet. Clyde SSB even stated that we cannot know his pain threshold and that may be why he hits the deck in a near death experience at the slightest touch.

Last edited:
Why does the manchild only carry out his antics against Rangers when he is playing them at Home?
Never seen him doing this away from Home or in Europe for the scum, another protected species I can guarantee if he had signed for us he would never get away with it ( in fact he would have been told to grow up by the Club ).
Remember the hoo-ha when a young idiotic fan gave manchild abuse coming off the bus at Ibrox regards his sister and he was lambasted for that by us fans and media quite rightly that was a young stupid lad not a 30 something year old man.

I said to my son before the game The ref was the biggest threat to us. Now I don’t think the hedges one was a pen but I am actually astonished he didn’t give it. Considering the rest of the game where they got every decision going. Some were incredible. Clancys performance sums up the current state of the game in this country. lets face it. We on here are biased, however how a neutral could watch that and not think….wait a minute…utterly astonishes me.

I agree. We get bullied and like all victims of bullies we shy away from confrontation.
1 defeat in 60 games. Just think about that for a minute. Can you imagine shagger or goldson putting up with being bullied? Nor can I. It’s not 2018 now

Back