Ally McCoist brands Scott Brown Rangers antics 'embarrassing' as he has a dig at Kevin Clancy

BlueMeanie

The Ibrox legend wasn't having the referee's decision to send Ryan Kent off for two bookings.

Ally McCoist has joked that Aberdeen captain Scott Brown and referee Kevin Clancy went "skipping" arm in arm together off the Pittodrie pitch.
The Rangers legend took a dig at the veteran midfielder following his wind-up antics during Tuesday's fiery Premiership clash.

Footage of Brown waving Ryan Kent towards the tunnel after the winger was dismissed for two bookings went viral on social media after full-time.
McCoist wasn't having Clancy's decision to send Kent off for a pair of soft fouls and lightheartedly claimed the whistler and Brown were in cahoots.
"It was that obvious the two of them were doing the Gay Gordons, skipping off that park, the referee and Broony.
"It was absolutely embarrassing, it really was.

Ally McCoist

(Image: talkSPORT)

"Ryan Kent got sent off for two bookings and neither of them were bookings, there you are."

McCoist did, however, admit that Rangers got off with one when Clancy failed to award Aberdeen a penalty for a collision between Allan McGregor and Ryan Hedges.

He confessed: "I have to stand corrected and tell you Aberdeen should have had a penalty.
"That's my analysis of the game."

The Ibrox legend wasn't having the referee's decision to send Ryan Kent off for two bookings.

Ally McCoist has joked that Aberdeen captain Scott Brown and referee Kevin Clancy went "skipping" arm in arm together off the Pittodrie pitch.
The Rangers legend took a dig at the veteran midfielder following his wind-up antics during Tuesday's fiery Premiership clash.

Footage of Brown waving Ryan Kent towards the tunnel after the winger was dismissed for two bookings went viral on social media after full-time.
McCoist wasn't having Clancy's decision to send Kent off for a pair of soft fouls and lightheartedly claimed the whistler and Brown were in cahoots.
"It was that obvious the two of them were doing the Gay Gordons, skipping off that park, the referee and Broony.
"It was absolutely embarrassing, it really was.

Ally McCoist

(Image: talkSPORT)

"Ryan Kent got sent off for two bookings and neither of them were bookings, there you are."

McCoist did, however, admit that Rangers got off with one when Clancy failed to award Aberdeen a penalty for a collision between Allan McGregor and Ryan Hedges.

He confessed: "I have to stand corrected and tell you Aberdeen should have had a penalty.
"That's my analysis of the game."
Correct Ally, apart from the bit at the end where you yet again try too hard to be even handed. No contact

Correct Ally, apart from the bit at the end where you yet again try too hard to be even handed. No contact
There was contact, Hedges knee bumped into Alan McGregors. The thing is, McGregor is going away from Hedges as it happens and Hedges is running towards him, so why is it a foul against the Rangers player? Don't give me the getting the ball shit. Scott Wright got a foul given against him in a dangerous area when he played the ball and his momentum in doing so took him into Brown. The exact same thing has happened here, so what's the difference?

There was contact, Hedges knee bumped into Alan McGregors. The thing is, McGregor is going away from Hedges as it happens and Hedges is running towards him, so why is it a foul against the Rangers player? Don't give me the getting the ball shit. Scott Wright got a foul given against him in a dangerous area when he played the ball and his momentum in doing so took him into Brown. The exact same thing has happened here, so what's the difference?

Spot on.

Thank goodness that Aberdeen are honking all over as we were there for the taking.
Can’t see them ever winning the league title again in my opinion.
Hard to imagine that back in the early 80s them and Dundee United ruled in Scotland.
And since I was born that only 5 teams have won the top league title in Scotchland!!!
Auld Git Loyal….

There was contact and this was down to McGregor's initial hesitation which made the race for the ball closer than it should have been.

It could have been a penalty (my view it wasn't) but it was hardly of the "stonewall" variety.

There was contact and this was down to McGregor's initial hesitation which made the race for the ball closer than it should have been.

It could have been a penalty (my view it wasn't) but it was hardly of the "stonewall" variety.
It could have been a penalty only because Clancy was the referee

Do like McCoist its a shame though that this is all we really have now, an ex Ger on a crap radio show making a few comments about some odd decisions by the Celtic referee.

No other ex players, none of the experienced players, nothing from the board(some pesh about VAR coming soon ?), nothing just 2 mins on the game from Ally on show thats about the EPL.

No wonder refs continue to target us.

If a captain of Rangers acted like Brown I would be totally embarrassed, Brown is a limited player and a very lucky player, a lot of his medals were gimmies and won when Rangers were at their VERY lowest, Brown has to act and play the hard man to cover up his deficiencies.
And the fans and players fall for it 9 times out of 10.

This is correct. No penalty. Just a very minor collision that couldn't be avoided.

Hedges was spinning and on the way down when the brush happened

Hedges was spinning and on the way down when the brush happened

Yes, some of the BS I’ve heard from the mhedia on this DB ?

Wee Donnelly - There was contact, so it’s a penalty. Really Simon, even if it’s initiated by the attacker ?

Wee Donnelly - Hayes forearm smashes weren’t intentional. Is that even the rule ? Even if it wasn’t intentional ( I know ) then surely he was careless or reckless or both ?

Halliday said nothing.

Do like McCoist its a shame though that this is all we really have now, an ex Ger on a crap radio show making a few comments about some odd decisions by the Celtic referee.

No other ex players, none of the experienced players, nothing from the board(some pesh about VAR coming soon ?), nothing just 2 mins on the game from Ally on show thats about the EPL.

No wonder refs continue to target us.

Agree. Our No 1 enemy is the media. Everyone knows you can attack us both on and off the pitch and no one will challenge you. They even show Brown humiliating a fellow professional and laughing and goading him after diving to get him sent off. Its all great fun.

If one of our players did that there would be an outcry and demands for punishment.

I thought it was a penalty and would have been screaming for it at the other end. Was very surprised Clancy didnt give it. After that we never got a decision from the referee.
Imagine our captain behaved the way Broon does he would be hounded out the club our fans wouldnt accept it. Hes an embarrassing moron

I’ll be honest, I think we were lucky a pen wasn’t given. AM was slow to react.

I would 100% of been asking for it if was against us

Yes, some of the BS I’ve heard from the mhedia on this DB ?

Wee Donnelly - There was contact, so it’s a penalty. Really Simon, even if it’s initiated by the attacker ?

Wee Donnelly - Hayes forearm smashes weren’t intentional. Is that even the rule ? Even if it wasn’t intentional ( I know ) then surely he was careless or reckless or both ?

Halliday said nothing.

"Halliday said nothing". That's why he's on the show.

Back