Ally McCoist brands Scott Brown Rangers antics 'embarrassing' as he has a dig at Kevin Clancy

Pity Ally hadn’t mentioned a few other things like OUR penalty ( McCrorie on Goldson which was the clearest in the match ) and Aberdeen red cards, but at least he got a couple of valid points in there.
Think he’s only on for two hours lol

I’d like to hear from Crawford Allan the refs chief about that officiating and the obvious bias in `Clancy and a linesman who cannot see two yards

Bottom line though we didn't play well enough to win
Yes we played poorly but Clancy had an impact on the game with a dreadful refereeing performance.
7 fouls Aberdeen
21 fouls Rangers
The game was evenly contested by two poor teams.
Would Scott Brown have been booked early in the game for what Hagi got carded for?
The game was never allowed to flow,that had an impact.

Think he’s only on for two hours lol

I’d like to hear from Crawford Allan the refs chief about that officiating and the obvious bias in `Clancy and a linesman who cannot see two yards

I was pretty annoyed at Gio’s take on things in his interview.

Unfortunately, adopting the high moral ground does not work here.

Don’t want him to learn too late.

The horrible scumbag has been subbed every time he has played against the filth this season. Strange for someone who was seldom subbed throughout his career. The way he conducts himself against Rangers is indeed embarrassing, an average player who is won more medals than his ability deserves mainly due to coinciding with Rangers being out the top league.
I would love to have seen him up against the likes of Bomber, Souness, Ian Ferguson or Hurlock. Hard man, don’t make me laugh.

Neither did Celtic against Hearts, or Livi, but they still got wrong decisions to help them, and the offside Kyogo goal gained them 3 points.

Our performance is a separate issue.

Anyone who can remember the cheating season of 2008 will see the similarities. Motherwell, Livvy, Dundee United denied clear penalties at the Piggery, Celtc winning with an offside goal against Hearts, a bizarre 97 minutes played before they scored a winner at Ross County. The refs are trying to hand them another League title.

The horrible scumbag has been subbed every time he has played against the filth this season. Strange for someone who was seldom subbed throughout his career. The way he conducts himself against Rangers is indeed embarrassing, an average player who is won more medals than his ability deserves mainly due to coinciding with Rangers being out the top league.
I would love to have seen him up against the likes of Bomber, Souness, Ian Ferguson or Hurlock. Hard man, don’t make me laugh.
Agree 100%...for me were giving him the publicity he craves. Since Tuesday night I've spoke to a few people down here in England who didn't even know he's playing for the sheep ..let's keep it that way.

When Kamara was racially attacked last season and the universal fall out condemning this cowardly act.
Well on this forum most bears thought that what Scott Brown did before a sellick v. Rangers game he walked over and offered his and no doubt his clubs support and wishes.
I stated at that time that it was the correct thing to do and more importantly he was acting like a human being. Civility costs nothing. But he was back to his classless behaviour the other night.
He will always be classless. I couldn’t imagine other captains of sellick and the sheep of the past behaving like he did?

The issue we have is that we have a hostile press who would simply ridicule him for speaking up. This is on the board. They are the ones who have to try to sort this.

Not one of them has highlighted that penalty on Connor Goldson. Ross had two hands on his shirt & also then tripped him.

Likewise minimal stuff on Johnny Hayes.

Even guys we know are Rangers minded have kept quiet BB.

The club MUST speak up, but if that were Sutton or Walker they’d have been highlighting those things in a way Boyd didn’t on Wednesday night.

There was contact and this was down to McGregor's initial hesitation which made the race for the ball closer than it should have been.

It could have been a penalty (my view it wasn't) but it was hardly of the "stonewall" variety.
VAR would have ruled out their penalty for the push on Barisic. We can't make a big deal out of the first incident without analysing the detail of the other.

Agree. Our No 1 enemy is the media. Everyone knows you can attack us both on and off the pitch and no one will challenge you. They even show Brown humiliating a fellow professional and laughing and goading him after diving to get him sent off. Its all great fun.

If one of our players did that there would be an outcry and demands for punishment.
Ie that club would stand up for itself and it’s players. We are still buying our enemies sweeties.

The Ibrox legend wasn't having the referee's decision to send Ryan Kent off for two bookings.

Ally McCoist has joked that Aberdeen captain Scott Brown and referee Kevin Clancy went "skipping" arm in arm together off the Pittodrie pitch.
The Rangers legend took a dig at the veteran midfielder following his wind-up antics during Tuesday's fiery Premiership clash.

Footage of Brown waving Ryan Kent towards the tunnel after the winger was dismissed for two bookings went viral on social media after full-time.
McCoist wasn't having Clancy's decision to send Kent off for a pair of soft fouls and lightheartedly claimed the whistler and Brown were in cahoots.
"It was that obvious the two of them were doing the Gay Gordons, skipping off that park, the referee and Broony.
"It was absolutely embarrassing, it really was.

Ally McCoist

(Image: talkSPORT)

"Ryan Kent got sent off for two bookings and neither of them were bookings, there you are."

McCoist did, however, admit that Rangers got off with one when Clancy failed to award Aberdeen a penalty for a collision between Allan McGregor and Ryan Hedges.

He confessed: "I have to stand corrected and tell you Aberdeen should have had a penalty.
"That's my analysis of the game."
The only error in McCoist’s utterings here is what I’ve emboldened.
Should read “the referee and Clancy”.

Note to McCoist: dropped the “Broony” stuff.

Well done Ally at least someone has the bottle to call a Rogue Ref out!

Could you check with the Rogue SFA if it's now OK for ALL players to smilingly wave red-carded players off the park?
There is no problem as long as ALL players have that right with no SFA or referee repercussions.

As for McGregor's supposed penalty, I just can't see anything obvious. I think VAR is fantastic but the only problem down south is the rules. If there is doubt, miss it out.

If it takes more than 1 minute to make a decision then there's doubt!

Scott Brown is captain of a team 6th in the league and 24 points behind us after 21 games, yet has the brass neck and arrogance to strut about like he is a hero.
He should be worried for his position as captain of an underachieving club, but seems untouchable, never criticised by the media or his fans.

Yes we played poorly but Clancy had an impact on the game with a dreadful refereeing performance.
7 fouls Aberdeen
21 fouls Rangers
The game was evenly contested by two poor teams.
Would Scott Brown have been booked early in the game for what Hagi got carded for?
The game was never allowed to flow,that had an impact.
Clancy was atrocious and cannot be put down to being a poor referee! How can a player elbow someone in the face twice and not a red card or even a yellow, it is beyond a joke now, Brown`s dive to get Kent a second yellow was pathetic but Clancy fell for it again. Shoud never be allowed near a Rangers game again

Last edited:
If a captain of Rangers acted like Brown I would be totally embarrassed, Brown is a limited player and a very lucky player, a lot of his medals were gimmies and won when Rangers were at their VERY lowest, Brown has to act and play the hard man to cover up his deficiencies.
I made a similar point to Septic supporters about their previous captains.
No captain of them, with the exception of Lennon, ever acted with the neddish vulgarity displayed by Scott Brown.
From McNeill through Aitken, McStay and other genuine Celtic men, never acted this way.

There was contact and this was down to McGregor's initial hesitation which made the race for the ball closer than it should have been.

It could have been a penalty (my view it wasn't) but it was hardly of the "stonewall" variety.
Where have you been? Every penalty or penalty claim is of the 'stonewall' variety. There is no other type of penalty other than the 'stonewaller'.

This has been the case for a number of years now. It is against the law to describe any penalty incident as being anything other than in the 'stonewall' category.

The media would already have crucified any ref who did to Celtc what Clancy did to us the other night. It is also irrelevant how good, bad or indifferent we played. His decisions were as appalling as they were predictable. The Aberdeen penalty should never have been allowed. He had a clear of Barisic being shoved in the penalty area.

The media would already have crucified any ref who did to Celtc what Clancy did to us the other night. It is also irrelevant how good, bad or indifferent we played. His decisions were as appalling as they were predictable. The Aberdeen penalty should never have been allowed. He had a clear of Barisic being shoved in the penalty area.

I know the moving ball at the penalty has been discussed and shrugged off but no one has mentioned the ball not being on the penalty spot. It HAS to be retaken and it would have been if Ferguson had missed. Every commentator would have agreed on a retake referencing the 'rules'.

He said we were lucky to get a point.
We were poor second half and they were still lucky to get a point. They were crap in the last third and rarely threatened Greegs.
Although I’m always apprehensive about a1-0 lead the penalty was lucky and they only got a sniff of a win after the sending off.
If the ball hadn’t hit Alfie’s arm we’d have won 1-0 after a boring second half.

Scott Brown is captain of a team 6th in the league and 24 points behind us after 21 games, yet has the brass neck and arrogance to strut about like he is a hero.
He should be worried for his position as captain of an underachieving club, but seems untouchable, never criticised by the media or his fans.
100% I'd be a worried aberdeen fan if he thinks sitting 6th is cool af.
Let's be honest that's the worst iv seen us in years.. and they still couldn't beat us...

Back