Ally McCoist in Celtic fixture pop as stunned Rangers icon can't resist 'luck of the computer' dig

BlueMeanie

The Premiership rivals discovered their fixtures for the 20/21 season on Monday wit the first meeting between the pair set to take place on October 17.

Pundit Ally McCoist admits he has been left unsurprised by the SPFL's decision to pencil in the first Celtic vs Rangers clash for October.
The Premiership rivals discovered their fixture fate for the 20/21 season on Monday morning with the first meeting between the pair set for October 17 on matchday 11.
Celtic boss Neil Lennon floated idea of pushing the first derby of the season back ever further to allow as many fans as possible could attend.
But league secretary Ian Blair insisted last month it would be "impossible" to delay Scottish football's marquee match-up until supporters were guaranteed to be back inside stadiums amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

Ally McCoist on TalkSport
McCoist, a vocal proponent of calling the 19/20 season, has revealed he was certain that the plum Celtic vs Rangers fixture would take place as late as possible and couldn't resist a one-liner aimed at Hampden's decision makers.
On his talkSPORT radio show, he quipped: "I bet it's just the computer, I imagine."

That was before the Rangers goal king was left apoplectic when he found out who the club he loves will be facing on the opening day of the season.

He added: "You're joking, you're winding me up, it's not Aberdeen away?
And he was less than impressed when he found Neil Lennon's side would start their season against Hamilton on August 2.

McCoist said: "These (fixtures) might be factually correct but you're winding me up, I know that for a fact."
The 58-year-old then circled back to the irst fixture between the Glasgow giants and that led host Laura Woods to respond: "You are right, it does look like it has been scheduled as late as possible.
"You know the later it is, the more chance it is of having supporters inside the stadium.
Before McCoist interjected, saying: "How is that fair on Hearts and Dundee United? We're rescheduling the Celtic game to later on, or, wait a minute, is it just the luck of the computer?"

Ally is a Rangers man and I am glad he called it for what it is. An absolute fuuking joke.

The game against Separate Identity FC is the 11th round of fixtures. The last round they can physically play.

They will complain the 50th Anniverary of 1971 will be our home game against them.

Last edited:
We need to be up for this season as never before.once it starts you will see all thatthey can do to go against us.if you thought ĺge cup .and new year games were bad last season. No surrender. W.a.t.p

The Premiership rivals discovered their fixtures for the 20/21 season on Monday wit the first meeting between the pair set to take place on October 17.

Pundit Ally McCoist admits he has been left unsurprised by the SPFL's decision to pencil in the first Celtic vs Rangers clash for October.
The Premiership rivals discovered their fixture fate for the 20/21 season on Monday morning with the first meeting between the pair set for October 17 on matchday 11.
Celtic boss Neil Lennon floated idea of pushing the first derby of the season back ever further to allow as many fans as possible could attend.
But league secretary Ian Blair insisted last month it would be "impossible" to delay Scottish football's marquee match-up until supporters were guaranteed to be back inside stadiums amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

Ally McCoist on TalkSport
McCoist, a vocal proponent of calling the 19/20 season, has revealed he was certain that the plum Celtic vs Rangers fixture would take place as late as possible and couldn't resist a one-liner aimed at Hampden's decision makers.
On his talkSPORT radio show, he quipped: "I bet it's just the computer, I imagine."

That was before the Rangers goal king was left apoplectic when he found out who the club he loves will be facing on the opening day of the season.

He added: "You're joking, you're winding me up, it's not Aberdeen away?
And he was less than impressed when he found Neil Lennon's side would start their season against Hamilton on August 2.

McCoist said: "These (fixtures) might be factually correct but you're winding me up, I know that for a fact."
The 58-year-old then circled back to the irst fixture between the Glasgow giants and that led host Laura Woods to respond: "You are right, it does look like it has been scheduled as late as possible.
"You know the later it is, the more chance it is of having supporters inside the stadium.
Before McCoist interjected, saying: "How is that fair on Hearts and Dundee United? We're rescheduling the Celtic game to later on, or, wait a minute, is it just the luck of the computer?"
Easiest thing on the Planet , spfl randomly setup the computer fixture code and run The fixtures and publicise the fixture lists .
Could even do it on Internet

Well said Ally. You, me and every single football fan in Scotland knows there’s fùck all random about it and that it was a conscious decision taken weeks ago. Probably taken in a boardroom with Liewell at the helm and Doncaster on a leash, on all fours in a latex gimp suit

He's bang on.

The fix is in already and they're not even trying to hide it.
There’s actually been six fixtures in October. Two later than this game, which if you take games this century means there’s a 3/17 chance of 19% chance of it happening. Given it’s the the first October game for a while it makes it more statistically like it would happen.

I did however on first impression think exactly the same.

The fixture draw system needs to me overseen by an independent body!
I get that certain fixtures cant occur at certain times but FFS, theyre not even trying to hide it

There’s actually been six fixtures in October. Two later than this game, which if you take games this century means there’s a 3/17 chance of 19% chance of it happening. Given it’s the the first October game for a while it makes it more statistically like it would happen.

I did however on first impression think exactly the same.
When was last time we had a league opener vs them? By the statistic probability it's well overdue!

it is supposingly called "Jared" by the SPFL and we all know what the name Jared means worldwide and who it would link to in Scotland

It's good having McCoist down south calling it out. Hearing him doing the same when the season was ended early was welcome as well.

When was last time we had a league opener vs them? By the statistic probability it's well overdue!
The earliest we’ve played them this century was 20th August 2005, which was actually the 4th game of the season as the season started on 31st July.

I’m not sure if this is one of the fixtures that “can’t happen” as either half of the old form would be unfurling the winners flag and therefore it’s not allowed.

I would agree however that statistically it would be due though.

At least somebody connected with Rangers is calling it out in the media. And on a nation wide platform well in Super Ally!

He isn’t really calling it out though, he’s not made any accusation. Unless anyone at the club does the SPFL will just ride it out (like they do with everything else)

So yet again Celtic have got what they wanted. It’s corruption and offers them the best chance possible of increasing their sporting advantage.

Its corruption but get used to it as our Board had the chance and the Status Quo is holding strong.

I really hope nippy doesn’t allow crowds till November, that’ll fu(k with them and their mentally challenged computer programmer

As much as it really annoys me that we are being stitched up again, it annoys me even more the Club will say nothing about it, not a peep. In any other country clubs and media would be all over it asking just how the computer churned this and the Remembrance Day fixtures out to suit a particular club.

Think its nonsense tbh.

You'll be lucky to have 15,000 in by that stage and it will have no atmosphere whatsoever.
If fans aren't fully back by then, I expect a suspected case of COVID will be manufactured and they'll all need to isolate, or a burst water pipe will flood the pitch, or perhaps there will be a tragic death they can take advantage of. Anything to get the fixture postponed.

Total stitch up as per. I don't want the club to say anything though. I want us to channel the agression and absolutely destroy them. We can beat them. Ultimately we play the same teams and games. Turn it round a bit - they clearly fear us again. We will do what is required.

The players need to get it in their heads that EVERYONE will be doing their best to stop us challenging and possibly winning the league and blow every team out the water. These 'random' generated fixtures are about as random as Christmas. We all knew what was coming.

I literally couldn’t give less of a shite about Aberdeen away first, we should absolutely tonk them if we find any tempo to our game.

However, I fear it’s just chapter one in a series of decisions that will go in favour of the mentally challengeds due to the pressure they apply behind the scenes.

Right now - my honest opinion is that we simply will not be allowed to win the league this year. I think they are going to get absolutely everything going.

Call them out at every opportunity, well done Ally.
I'm looking forward to Barry telling is all to just get on with it in the Record

Back