Ally Mccoist Instagram

I cant help but love the guy. Really sad how his time with us ended. I would love to hear his full version of events.

Just wish he was a bit more supportive of Rangers generally when he's got his media head on. Do A Boydy, Ally!

Always a good laugh and enjoy some of his talksport stuff
Still hot to this day, our Ally.
He's made mistakes but overall he is and has always been a good servant to our club.
Not quite manager material but he wouldn't be alone in that regard and in itself is no measure of how much of a Ranger he is.

As for the media side of things, in the main he is great, some horror moments, but the majority of the time I think he gets criticism because he's not a Rangers version of Hartson, Sutton, Walker and Proven, but I don't think deepndown we'd want him to be.

There was a lot of anger at that point in history. It was scatter gun, and pretty much everyone got it. McCoist was unfortunately dire as manager, and the stories about training etc didn't help along with the wage he was taking for it. But when his detractors say this, they forget how long he went without and what he did during admin. Without him, green would have sold us down the river and we'd have lost our titles, he was the only person at Ibrox we could trust, and he obviously he had to deal with Whyte and keep the place together. There are other forums who say they're done with him and the playing days are tainted. Arseh*les at best, if you ask me. So I really hope those fans don't force that on their children. He is a legend if there ever was one. History should be kind to McCoist. Win the league, and I think all those haters will forget.

I take he's just started. He needs to get his wee 'blue' tick to make it official.

Coisty is made for something like Instagram, especially the stories thing !

Last edited:
There was a lot of anger at that point in history. It was scatter gun, and pretty much everyone got it. McCoist was unfortunately dire as manager, and the stories about training etc didn't help along with the wage he was taking for it. But when his detractors say this, they forget how long he went without and what he did during admin. Without him, green would have sold us down the river and we'd have lost our titles, he was the only person at Ibrox we could trust, and he obviously he had to deal with Whyte and keep the place together. There are other forums who say they're done with him and the playing days are tainted. Arseh*les at best, if you ask me. So I really hope those fans don't force that on their children. He is a legend if there ever was one. History should be kind to McCoist. Win the league, and I think all those haters will forget.

Always said that without McCoist as manager when admin happened that i doubt Rangers would of survived. He was the key to getting us back up and going again

If we get Ally no holes barred and not the public face Ally his page could be one of the best out there.

My first real Rangers hero, and that hasn't been tarnished by his stint as a manager. He might come across as trying to be a bit too even handed in the media, but I don't think anyone could seriously argue about his love for the club

Always said that without McCoist as manager when admin happened that i doubt Rangers would of survived. He was the key to getting us back up and going again
You have to ask who else would we have wanted in there at that point in time? McCoist himself feels like he was unlucky to be the manager when the shit hit the fan and didn't get a proper crack at it. Who knows what he could've done if it wasn't for admin and losing around £60 million worth of talent for nothing? (including Jelavic)
I sympathize with him in that regard, but the euro disasters don't back that notion up.
McCoist, if nothing more than a figurehead or symbol, kept the place together and that can't be forgotten in years to come when telling this story.

He looks like he's down in London - he posted a video asking "do you go and visit Spurs' multi million pound stadium to watch Jose's Spurts or do you sit in your stuff hotel room and watch the Rangers if you can get a live feed. Pans around and he's watching Rangers on his iPad".
He's the best thing to happen to my instagram feed for a while!

McCoist was never ready to take on the role of my manager in my opinion but as a player he is a legend and his devotion to Rangers should never be questioned.

Will we ever get the whole, truthful story of his time as manager? Hopefully. Probably a NDA signed, right enough.

Back