Ally McCoist on Talksport speaking about Andy Goram

As said above, that’s why he is Super Ally.

It just struck me that he along with Bomber would probably be the ones that made the calls to tell Durrant about his passing.

Edit: I messed this up a bit, I dont just mean Durrant, I mean the NIAR squad as well.

Last edited:
A truly Great Ranger is Ally. Seen as the joker of the pack during the 9IAR era, in the last 10 years he has been at the forefront of some real major events in the clubs recent history such as 2012 and the loss of real club legends, speaking and acting like a true leader. He’s our generation’s John Greig.

Anyone seen Spiers latest tweet? Can’t help himself but try and put a negative spin on the life of a man who just passed.

Pond life.

It must have gave the Goalie a wee lift seeing Super and Bomber by his side. Real genuine friends, as well as great team mates.
I think it says everything about that squad that nearly 30 years later, they're still close and with one of their own at the bedside.

Last edited by a moderator:
We can argue about him as a manager but he never fails to find the right words and that is not fake.that is someone who genuinely cares about Rangers Football Club and the people who are part of it be it ex players,managers and non playing staff.
In my mind, his managerial career with us is SO far down the pecking order of what he has done (and still does) for our club that it is almost inconsequential to me. And I say that from someone who found the whole journey and banter years very very painful and something I couldn't wait to move on from.

Ally is a fkn Legend of our club and I don't know if anything will ever sway my opinion.

Super Ally has had to do far too many of these types of thing recently but what you can say with absolute certainty there is no one better who can pay tribute to them better then him.

I've had a long battle with cancer I've lost a kidney, prostate, pancreas and my spleen, I've now got two tumors in my lungs which are inoperable and having chemo, I'm ok atm but when I get that tap on the shoulder I'm determined to handle things the way Andy did.

You can roll over or just get on with it and watching Andy from afar I admire him immensely, simply the best goalie I've seen at Ibrox a true inspiration on and off the field.

Ally's had so much to deal with over the past year or so but has been remakable in the way he's represented our great club.

Ally is a real class act. The tributes he's paid to all the legends we've lost recently have been moving. RIP Andy.

Back