Ally McCoist wants Scotland to ditch VAR.

It’s a shambles in this country, of course. So slow and limited camera angles.

To be fair our offside uses
It’s a shambles in this country, of course. So slow and limited camera angles.

To be fair because it was done on the cheap we use Hawkeye for offside rather than lines. Still don’t get how you can have players in offside positions in middle of park not regarded as interfering with play when defenders will switch off knowing they have offside players behind them. But a bad angle for a player on other side of park is definitely offside. Or is it just short colour that matters?

Every single week VAR is a huge talking point, it's a shambles.

VAR is being spoken about more than the actual games.
You honestly prefer, and would accept, the poor decisions, at face value, with no comeback by our referees and linesmen?
“Yes” being the answer to this, is beyond stupidity.
It’s a bit like binning cctv in a murder trial.

Ffs ally...

Is var perfect? No and nobody said it would be

But it's a million times better than without. The fact so many correct decisions are being corrected speaks volumes really
Nothing has changed and the tims know this, every game last season was being scrutinised, moaning managers, refs making mistakes ,only its var this season ,, its an excuse to bin it, rangers men should wake the fk up.

Because he is still seeking gainful employment in the media?
Thats understandable but there should be some appreciation for his club who he supported as a boy, played for and managed and was compensated very well for.

Is it to much to ask he highlights the pressure applied by that mob as a club and thier media cohorts.

You would have thought the OP and header would have long since been edited to reflect what McCoist actually said rather than what is currently posted which has no connection with his comments.

You're falling for it. Ask yourself WHY it's a huge talking point. Yes there's been one or two f*ck ups and poor calls but nowhere near as many as you'd think from reading/ listening to the media's pish.
One or two? :))

Let's forget our shitshow and look at England, every single week there are multiple issues, goals wrongly disallowed, red card challenges missed etc, they have full time refs and resources which outstrip ours massively yet VAR is still a huge talking point every week.

It was always going to be shambolic up here with the same incompetent idiots running the show.

Bin it now.

I'm pro VAR, and believe that it can work for the better of the game in Scotland.

So, I don't think Ally is on the right track here.

In my opinion, what we need is a more professional refereeing structure, and referees who are not intimidated by that mob from the East End.
They realise VAR is here to stay. This is just more intimidation so that it's use doesn't adversely affect them. Sakala's perfectly good goal is now officially offside and Andrew Dallas is getting telt.

So let me get this straight. People want us to bin VAR because there has been some dodgy decisions? So we go back to putting the final decision in the hands of 'incompetents' who only get one view at it, in real time?

Sounds like an incredibly clever idea. FFS.

Let's forget our shitshow and look at England, every single week there are multiple issues, goals wrongly disallowed, red card challenges missed etc, they have full time refs and resources which outstrip ours massively yet VAR is still a huge talking point every week.

It was always going to be shambolic up here with the same incompetent idiots running the show.

Bin it now.
Bin it and go back to depending on the same incompedent idiots getting it right first time? I don’t think so.

Any time I read anything from McCoist I remember why I don't.

My favourite ever Rangers striker but his cheeky wee everybody's pal act grew old years ago.

Bin it now.
Yeah one or two. The Kilmarnock v St Johnstone one at the weekend being the worst one I've seen so far.

Nothing else is really jumping out at me to be honest as a really bad call that VAR should have sorted, but then again I don't listen to the absolute clowns that pass as pundits and journalists in Scotland.

It's always going to be the same shite officials running it, but I'd rather they got a 2nd chance to get decisions right, wouldn't you? It really is that simple.

Yeah one or two. The Kilmarnock v St Johnstone one at the weekend being the worst one I've seen so far.

Nothing else is really jumping out at me to be honest as a really bad call that VAR should have sorted, but then again I don't listen to the absolute clowns that pass as pundits and journalists in Scotland.

It's always going to be the same shite officials running it, but I'd rather they got a 2nd chance to get decisions right, wouldn't you? It really is that simple.
To say there have been 1 or 2 is ridiculous, the list is long on calls which were wrong even after a VAR check.

I go back to England, full time refs, expensive VAR operation, yet they are still making horrendous errors every week.

To say there have been 1 or 2 is ridiculous, the list is long on calls which were wrong even after a VAR check.

I go back to England, full time refs, expensive VAR operation, yet they are still making horrendous errors every week.
Lets hear some of them then? As I said the only one I can think of at the moment is the Considine handball, I have absolutely no idea why that wasn't given. I think most of the "controversy" I've seen over VAR in Scotland is over people or pundits either not understanding or deliberately ignoring (mostly the latter) how it works and when it can/can't intervene; or decisions which are subject to grey areas like the handball rule.

England has had a couple of bad days with it, I remember MOTD from a few weeks ago highlighting 3 or 4. But again from memory it was more down to inadequacies with the offside rule.

An opinion which would help celtic, read the room, he's so detached its unreal
He works in Football and everyweek he's having to debate a VAR decision for every game he's involved in.
I'm sure us and them aren't his first thought when he's commentating on Blackburn v Sheff Utd.

Can you explain how binning VAR will help improve the game in Scotland. How will it benefit Rangers?

It's actually sucking the life and enjoyment out of the game, a quick google on the subject and you will see countless ex players and managers agreeing with this sentiment.

The single worst thing to happen to football, Brother Walfrid apart.

It's actually sucking the life and enjoyment out of the game, a quick google on the subject and you will see countless ex players and managers agreeing with this sentiment.

I like it, so does everyone I watch football with.

countless ex-players are generally dinosaurs who never played under the system

it has it's flaws of course but why wouldn't you want to see the right decision taken in a game like football? Rugby has used it for years, they use it in US sports without people crying over decisions with replay systems. The only issue is you might have to wait a few minutes to celebrate a goal, I'd rather have that over the wrong decision and the team losing the game because of it

countless ex-players are generally dinosaurs who never played under the system

it has it's flaws of course but why wouldn't you want to see the right decision taken in a game like football? Rugby has used it for years, they use it in US sports without people crying over decisions with replay systems. The only issue is you might have to wait a few minutes to celebrate a goal, I'd rather have that over the wrong decision and the team losing the game because of it
Absolute nonsense, as well as countless ex players and managers, current players and managers are against it too, I read an interview recently with Thiago from Liverpool, here's a snippet.

I have that ‘hate modern football’ mentality; I’m more classic in attitude. And then there’s VAR, which I’ve always opposed. It removes the essence, the picaresque.

"We make mistakes when we play, referees have to make mistakes too. Lots of mythical moments wouldn’t exist [with VAR]. And when you score, even a brilliant goal from the halfway line, you’re waiting. Thinking: ‘I hope there isn’t a foul in the build-up, I hope there’s no offside, I hope'."

Back