Ally next up with the behave message

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was a one off with the souness one and supported that

This is getting a bit silly now

On the Sutton thing, maybe he should have done that message to Celtic fans before this weekend which has seen over 20 of them arrested, never let him question why he’s not welcome at our club, a walking Celtic fanzine

It’s just going to make it all the worse when whatever minor issues do occur then get blown out of all proportion

I don't really get it. I doubt someone who's 20 pints deep and full of gear is gonna stop mid riot and think 'shit, I better calm down here, Ally McCoist told me not to do this'.
The club know this. It's more to show that efforts are being made to warn supporters to behave themselves. After the criticism the club got for apparently 'not doing enough' during the George Square celebrations, I can't blame them for going down this route (though sending out 4 messages is going a bit OTT).

I thought it was a one off with the souness one and supported that

This is getting a bit silly now

On the Sutton thing, maybe he should have done that message to Celtic fans before this weekend which has seen over 20 of them arrested, never let him question why he’s not welcome at our club, a walking Celtic fanzine
He’s a dick but I’ve no problem with him ripping the piss tbh

The board have left us with an open goal

If it was boyd releasing that towards them we would all laugh at it.

Jesus fucking Christ.

There was odds lists yesterday as a laugh, Super was favourite to make the next behave video. Everyone even Sutton was laying into us, quite rightly too.

Making us look like animals here.

The message is all wrong. Instead of pleading “please please please behave” it should be said in a positive manner. “You are ambassadors…. Representing club… go out and make us all proud” Mentioning behaviour brings it down to parent / child level chat.
Yeah think the messages could be done much better and maybe we don’t need 4 of them. Should be more thanking the fans for the part we’ve played so far and asking us to continue to represent the club well rather than pleading with people to behave.

All it means is if you're naughty, it's on you and not Rangers.

After the bitching and moaning about the 55 celebrations, the club are making sure they've done something.

The message is all wrong. Instead of pleading “please please please behave” it should be said in a positive manner. “You are ambassadors…. Representing club… go out and make us all proud” Mentioning behaviour brings it down to parent / child level chat.
Sounds like for you and I that would work, sadly some just need told in no uncertain terms.

I don't think any of us enjoy this preaching - and I think the scripts could have been far more positive and less negative focussed - but I do understand the Club's motivation to do it.

Ultimately, it's an enormous crowd of people and, like it or not, there will be a few arseholes who will misbehave. If that escalates then the Club, as they were with George Square, will face the Scottish government and media desperate to castigate us. This allows the Club to say that it did everything possible to discourage poor behaviour. Whilst that might irritate f**k out of us, it does have fiduciary and financial logic behind it.

the club is damned if they do damned if they don't ........... why are the club doing this ? and is it warranted ?

I agree, but the reality is that's what happens and that's what leads to trouble. It's not exclusive to Rangers supporters
Said in another thread its 100% a societal issue in Scotland and wether we think its fair or right or wrong the way the media spins the narrative, they’re gonna do it. So just don’t give them the ammunition they desperately crave.

Reading between the lines, apparently Frankfurt supporters do have a bit of a reputation of being Arseholes.

The reason for the videos is to “encourage” people not to participate should they decide to act the madam, which I can understand.

I do agree though that 4 is ripping the piss and that the Ally one really should be the last one now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back