Ally reckons there could be an announcement regarding Lennon “any minute” according to Brazil

Read somthing yesterday sayin they have to pay him for everything he's due not sure how accurate but it mentioned they would have to pay him a lot of bonuses too! I know nothing about thier finances but my guess is they're skint after furloughing their u18s! hopfully they can't afford to sack him and we some more car park madness :))

Shark week!!!

I understand all those points...and they will bin him in a few months.

But why would they do it now, today, If they haven’t already?

They’re not going to dismiss him based on the footballing result last night being a “tipping point”. He willfully in the Press conference went against the club line and still remains in situ. What more does he have to do to be dismissed ?

They bin him today and even if they stick Kennedy or Strachan in charge until the end of the season, they'll at least be able to tell their support they recognised the problem(however late in the day it was).

They can then promise them that a full review will be taking place and a complete reboot of their football operations will take place and by the summer they'll bring them the "top class manager and squad" they deserve. They'll aim for Eddie Howe who I'm convinced will be eaten aliver up here.

As much as we laugh at the Tims, they're not shy of a boycott or two when it suits them. The board need their cash to keep rolling in. The longer this goes on, the more they piss off their fanbase.

Honestly can’t see it. It’s a massive rebuild there. Could take a while and it’s a toxic job

Kennedy or Ross

Ross potentially, maybe under a DOF? Kennedy, no chance.

They will react to this. If they don't get a decent name in and spend some money they will be lucky to sell 30,000 season tickets next season.

6a00d8341ef41d53ef015436d2e942970c-pi

Ross potentially, maybe under a DOF? Kennedy, no chance.

They will react to this. If they don't get a decent name in and spend some money they will be lucky to sell 30,000 season tickets next season.

I can't see them being able to sell Ross to their support even if he wins the League Cup with Hibs.

They've got to aim higher than that. As a club you can't go from Rodgers to Lennon to Ross IMO without pissing off your fanbase and basically telling them you've no ambition

God forbid when Gerrard goes some of the usual names we'll still be linked with!

I can't see them being able to sell Ross to their support even if he wins the League Cup with Hibs.

They've got to aim higher than that. As a club you can't go from Rodgers to Lennon to Ross IMO without pissing off your fanbase and basically telling them you've no ambition

God forbid when Gerrard goes some of the usual names we'll still be linked with!

They might be able to sell if it they bring in a big name DOF. I think that's the only way they might gey away with it.

They will react in a big way in the summer though. Lets enjoy the next few months and laugh at them as they Timplode but not get complacent going into next season. It will be a proper race next season.

Reactions: SDF
I suspect he is working his notice.
Can’t surely be suggesting a PLC have failed to make an announcement to the stock exchange about a massive management change that could have share price implications.
That would be illegal.

Wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't punted but he should be let go for his own good, after the last few days it will only get worse. Eventually it goes past being amusing.
Nope sorry not buying that. We have endured a decade of their absolute shite. Sneering,gloating, smugness, bigotry of the scale, snide comments and actions from their players and staff, etc etc.
Now they are getting just a tiny dose of what we have had to endure they are cracking up?
No turn the screw even more, foot kept firmly on their throats and most of all rub it in their faces all day every day. Preferably for the next decade.

They bin him today and even if they stick Kennedy or Strachan in charge until the end of the season, they'll at least be able to tell their support they recognised the problem(however late in the day it was).

They can then promise them that a full review will be taking place and a complete reboot of their football operations will take place and by the summer they'll bring them the "top class manager and squad" they deserve. They'll aim for Eddie Howe who I'm convinced will be eaten aliver up here.

As much as we laugh at the Tims, they're not shy of a boycott or two when it suits them. The board need their cash to keep rolling in. The longer this goes on, the more they piss off their fanbase.
For season ticket uptakes you'd think they'd need to act pretty soon, and as you say, promise of better things to come in the summer.

Their rebuild is probably going to be the biggest they have undertaken in 25 years and they need to get it right, our infrastructure at the moment could bear fruit for a few years if we continue our strategy.

They always knew it was coming this preseason but thought they would do it on the glorious backdrop of the tainted 10. As long as that was in the bag then the ST's would be bought and a bedding in process for a new football regime would be accepted.

The meltdown we have seen is beyond our wildest dreams and now Celtic are stuck with a toxic manager, a half disinterested squad with plummeting values and a revolting fan base threatening to boycott. It is absolutely glorious.

Without flipping the lid on their financial expert Sevco moon howlers - I think Celtic will have massive financial challenges and won't be a very attractive prospect.

I think their operating expenditure was around £80m - and to cover that they need Champions League money that they've not had for a number of years now - and sometimes even then they've had to sell one or two players at a big profit (Dembele / Tierney).

Next season (even finishing second) they'll have a crack at the Champions League - but there's only 2 spots for non Champions, they'll be unseeded, and they'd need to overcome the likes of Benfica/Sporting/Porto; Dinamo Kiev or Shakhtar; or Salzburg.

Lennon has a rolling contract so they're probably looking at £1m-£2m compensation for that - more if they pay off his backroom team.

They also then have the likes of Edouard, Ntcham and Christie (plus others) desperate to get out. And the likes of Elyounoussi, Laxaalt and Duffy are all loan signings who will probably be off. And that's before you look at Brown and Griffiths who must be nearing the end.

So they'll need to rebuild a fair bit - and it's questionable whether the money will be available for that. And without the money - and with that level of rebuilding - they're also not going to attract a 'top' manager.

I understand all those points...and they will bin him in a few months.

But why would they do it now, today, If they haven’t already?

They’re not going to dismiss him based on the footballing result last night being a “tipping point”. He willfully in the Press conference went against the club line and still remains in situ. What more does he have to do to be dismissed ?
Not for for me, he was the only mentalist disposable enough to speak what that rancid mob truly believe within the club so he is the perfect puppet whilst this is on going.

But he has won 5 trophies out of 6.

He won a league Brendan Rodgers had put in place he was awarded another one last season,he won a League Cup which we where cheated out and to round it off he won a Scottish Cup final 7months after it should have been played with Cup tied players etc oh and it took for penalties to beat a Championship side.

Neic will be gearing up to play the victim again soon.

A pound coin will be thrown from the Gangrene Brigade in the car park.
The coin will hit his shoulder, and he will go down holding his coupon/turnip again.
Sturgeon will make a comment deploring the assault, as she will feel it's time to get the green votes back on track for Indy 2.

I don’t disagree with your reasoning. But it’s clear they’ve become utterly dysfunctional at boardroom level. They do not have their finger on the pulse of their support whatsoever.

Happy to stick my neck on the line and say Neil Lennon will still be Celtic manager at close of business today

Without flipping the lid on their financial expert Sevco moon howlers - I think Celtic will have massive financial challenges and won't be a very attractive prospect.

I think their operating expenditure was around £80m - and to cover that they need Champions League money that they've not had for a number of years now - and sometimes even then they've had to sell one or two players at a big profit (Dembele / Tierney).

Next season (even finishing second) they'll have a crack at the Champions League - but there's only 2 spots for non Champions, they'll be unseeded, and they'd need to overcome the likes of Benfica/Sporting/Porto; Dinamo Kiev or Shakhtar; or Salzburg.

Lennon has a rolling contract so they're probably looking at £1m-£2m compensation for that - more if they pay off his backroom team.

They also then have the likes of Edouard, Ntcham and Christie (plus others) desperate to get out. And the likes of Elyounoussi, Laxaalt and Duffy are all loan signings. And that's before you look at Brown and Griffiths who must be nearing the end.

So they'll need to rebuild a fair bit - and it's questionable whether the money will be available for that. And without the money - and with that level of rebuilding - they're also not going to attract a 'top' manager.
Basically need a new team unless any new manager is going to go with Barkas, Taylor, sorro, Johnston, ping pong and whatever other dross they have on longer contracts

There’s no chance he will be the manager for their next game.

That result last night right after him making a total cûnt of himself and the club on Monday will be the final straw.

It must be surely :))
I think he will, purely because a mentally challenged supporting mate (quite reasonable) has been saying this since about October.

Even he is resigned to Lennon seeing out the season now because he thinks nothing will change :))

There’s no chance he will be the manager for their next game.

That result last night right after him making a total cûnt of himself and the club on Monday will be the final straw.

It must be surely :))
The camel has a strong back.

and a side point. Imo. It’s highly immoral to sack someone during a pandemic, especially when they have mental health problems and an alcohol issue (allegedly)

For season ticket uptakes you'd think they'd need to act pretty soon, and as you say, promise of better things to come in the summer.

Their rebuild is probably going to be the biggest they have undertaken in 25 years and they need to get it right, our infrastructure at the moment could bear fruit for a few years if we continue our strategy.

They always knew it was coming this preseason but thought they would do it on the glorious backdrop of the tainted 10. As long as that was in the bag then the ST's would be bought and a bedding in process for a new football regime would be accepted.

The meltdown we have seen is beyond our wildest dreams and now Celtic are stuck with a toxic manager, a half disinterested squad with plummeting values and a revolting fan base threatening to boycott. It is absolutely glorious.
In fairness their fans have been revolting since the dawn of time. Smell them before you see them

They were going to make an announcement, but apparently Popcorn hasn't had a shower since that fateful day last year!!!
So no can do!

It is plainly obvious the current celtc manager is suffering from mental health issues and as such deserves all the time necessary to get the help he requires.
To sack him would be harsh, callous and send out completely the wrong message so I hope celtc let him get the treatment he requires with a view to having him back ready to go for the start of next season .

I don’t disagree with your reasoning. But it’s clear they’ve become utterly dysfunctional at boardroom level. They do not have their finger on the pulse of their support whatsoever.

Happy to stick my neck on the line and say Neil Lennon will still be Celtic manager at close of business today
I wonder what could possibly be going on in the background that is more important than football?

He'll be gone today surely.
You'd think so. I thought he'd be gone on Tuesday after the press conference, but there's no way he can survive now with 6 wins in 22. Of course, they might not be able to get the replacement they want, or can afford

they will attack the media and use the "mental health" card for him..

" Over the last week, the media have launched a disgraceful attack on our manager Neil Lennon, a man that has spoken bravely and honestly on his issues with mental health. We would ask all that have behaved in this way and bullied our manager to look at their behaviour. It's for these reasons that Neil will be stepping down from his post with immediate effect".

I think it will be along those lines...

I’m struggling to see how this could ‘ go past being amusing’ .. Enjoy every minute of their and TLB’s torturous misery the scum are wallowing in !

Don't get me wrong, I hate the lady's front bottom but he's teetering on the edge of a mental breakdown imo. Tears and pain are enjoyable but not so keen to watch the ramblings of a man on the edge of sanity.

It is plainly obvious the current celtc manager is suffering from mental health issues and as such deserves all the time necessary to get the help he requires.
To sack him would be harsh, callous and send out completely the wrong message so I hope celtc let him get the treatment he requires with a view to having him back ready to go for the start of next season .
Its win-win all round.

In fairness, no one could put a finger on the pulse of that support !

Back