Alot of talk on the players, not much on the management.

A top quality number 10 costs more money than we have, and are usually not available in January anyway.
The most difficult and expensive position to fill is goalscorer and we've managed that with Morelos for £1M.

Gerrard and our scouts had months to try and find somebody for this role and they failed. I mean its not as if we're trying to find a world superstar to succeed in Scottish fitba, there must be loads of up and coming guys throughout Scandinavia and Eastern Europe for example who would love an opportunity to take their career to the next level.

However apart from that I think overall Gerrard is doing quite well but not as great as we all hoped after Christmas.

I would expect us to finish halfway between the scum and the rest which is obviously a big disappointment but the Cup will define our season now not the league.

I think he understands that all too well but he can't drop them all and you have to try and keep their heads up also. It's not easy-the fundamental issue is that they are in the main short for where they need to be and as stated his hopes that his business in the transfer market would address that have went badly awry-that's his biggest failing.

DB - you believe that "they are in the main short" when it comes to playing St Johnstone? That's not true. We saw on Dec 29th how they can play 'if' they play at their best. Too many of our players lack the professionalism to play each game at 100% and we lack a leader who would get more out of them.
That was a team who've had their arse handed to them regularly recently. We're better than them. Unless we don't act like pros and then games like today happen.

The team looks up for the bigger games but today is happening a little too often.

Dundee away and St Johnstone at home should be bread and butter stuff really.

I'm still not sure he is the man for the job but I have said since day one of his arrival if he stays the length of his current contract it will be his
last season before we realistically challenge for the league and that will be on how they ultimately spend wisely or not. Nothing so far has made me change my mind.

DB - you believe that "they are in the main short" when it comes to playing St Johnstone? That's not true. We saw on Dec 29th how they can play 'if' they play at their best. Too many of our players lack the professionalism to play each game at 100% and we lack a leader who would get more out of them.
That was a team who've had their arse handed to them regularly recently. We're better than them. Unless we don't act like pros and then games like today happen.

Of course we are better than them. The league table in relative terms shows the improvement-5 points ahead of our nearest rivals.

Of course we should be beating St J at home but all it takes is a day when the majority are off form and the combination of the pressure and changes then you will get results like today. We've had them consistently throughout the season.

I actually believe a fit Jamie Murphy would have made a difference this season simply because even though it's debatable how good he is I would rate him one of our better players.

The simple fact is always at Rangers and history has proved this you need to be noticeably better than the rest of the league (leaving Celtic aside) because they lift their games and the pressure is all on one team. We are not good enough yet to be putting enough of these games to bed the way we need to.

When you see our win ratio you actually realise how poor Celtic have been this season. You can look at that two ways-take the best from it they are in decline or be worried we've not been able to do enough to keep real pressure on them.

For me we have zero option-having decided SG is the man-the club has a whole has to reflect on the mistakes made this season and back him going forward.

The inevitable paradox as they rack up more trophies though and there is a gap the support will want a genuine challenge before they hit 10. We need to hold our bottle.

I'm still not sure he is the man for the job but I have said since day one of his arrival if he stays the length of his current contract it will be his
last season before we realistically challenge for the league and that will be on how they ultimately spend wisely or not. Nothing so far has made me change my mind.

I was against the appointment but he's done better than I expected. However I probably rated the gap bigger than many fans. I think we needed an experienced dour battle hardened manager who would have probably made us a bit brutal to watch but would have ground out results. You can't turn back the clock I think SG can catch them but he needs time and money. I don't think the support will give him the time and the money is up for debate. Our club is also at the mercy of what they do-they are in a much stronger position despite how much people want to believe King's house of cards statement.

The big problem when you change managers is it's something of a reset button-that's a gamble as well.
However people said I was talking shite when I questioned the strategy overall so they can't have it both ways-they need to back SG.

We have to stick by him obviously results aren't good enough but this is his first season and hopefully next season he gets it right. The honeymoon period is over for Mr Gerrard. Really need to finish 2nd and win Scottish cup.

I was against the appointment but he's done better than I expected. However I probably rated the gap bigger than many fans. I think we needed an experienced dour battle hardened manager who would have probably made us a bit brutal to watch but would have ground out results. You can't turn back the clock I think SG can catch them but he needs time and money. I don't think the support will give him the time and the money is up for debate. Our club is also at the mercy of what they do-they are in a much stronger position despite how much people want to believe King's house of cards statement.

The big problem when you change managers is it's something of a reset button-that's a gamble as well.
However people said I was talking shite when I questioned the strategy overall so they can't have it both ways-they need to back SG.
Rodgers came close to winning an English Premiership. Gerrard is an apprentice learning his trade with us. That's where we are.

Rodgers came close to winning an English Premiership. Gerrard is an apprentice learning his trade with us. That's where we are.

We are also trying to catch a team who are often spending more on a single player than our entire budget and even if people want to debate that-then it's a couple of players-it's a massive difference.

Part of SG's pressure comes from a support who at least partly think everything they do is shite-anybody seriously argue now our January business was better than theirs?

He needs time and money. I am resigned though to the fact he's going to need a massive turnaround very quickly. Football can throw up unusual events-he's needing one.

Every Rangers supporter wants him to succeed,
I think Defoe and Davis signings we hoped would take us to the next level, win games like today, It's fair to say the jury is still out and this coming summer is huge in terms of the next few seasons

Every Rangers supporter wants him to succeed,
I think Defoe and Davis signings we hoped would take us to the next level, win games like today, It's fair to say the jury is still out and this coming summer is huge in terms of the next few seasons

Does every Ranger supporter though understand the challenge he took on?

I didn't expect us to win anything this season and still don't.However I did expect us to be able to routinely beat the cannon fodder around us in the league and to this end the manager is simply failing.He said when he came in he was looking for7/10 performances from each player each week and leaving everything on the pitch Neither of which are happening.Two more windows Stevie to sort it or it's curtains

And when the players aren’t following the instructions change it.

Instead we swap a winger for a winger and see what happens.

Not really true today is it?

He took off Davis for Middleton then Candeias for Lafferty...

Steven Gerrard get's an easy ride because of who he is. If this was some one like Garry Monk, Alan Pardew or Neil Warnock, they would be getting it tight.

Tactically inept, lacks a plan b/can't change a game, failure to get the best out of players, poor decision making, poor in the transfer market, a piss poor domestic record... talks a great game though. Although you can now see through that also.

Same old.

what a load of shite

Why stop at the management in that case

What about the board. Have they provided enough funds to mount a serious challenge?

Has Gerrard spent much more than Pedro given we’ve since had kit deals, new sponsor deals, Europa league group football.

Domestically he is no better than Murty tbh, we were actually slightly closer to the dhims last February and thats taking into account the Pedro fiasco.
What finished Murty was the hammerings from Rodgers obviously but apart from that, against the SPL dross its like for like.

The Europa League is why Gerrard didnt get a lot of criticism, as he punched above his weight in getting us into group.

Dealings in transfer market however have been mixed at best, spent quite a lot of money. Would you trust giving him another 10 million in the summer after shambles like Grezeda and Sadiq?

God forbid we lose on Wednesday and our season is over in Feb, I would predict that the fans would turn and he wouldn't last till summer. Hope I am wrong but so far he has been a 5/10 domestically which is not good enough. He needs to win a cup.

Back