Alternatives to JD and Sports Direct

A few years ago someone on here posted mandm direct was part of fat boys empire, so stopped buying from them quite good for last minute holiday stuff.
A year ago someone posted they had nothing to do with fatty, so back using them again get the odd good deal.

mandm direct

Last edited:
DW sport.

JD will stock their stuff but it still has an excellent amount of trainers etc. Only the mentally challenged stuff goes to them. Surprised though that they became exclusive stockists.

Pro direct soccer used to do football tops and boots. Used them quite a lot when I was younger. In terms of trainers you could use footasylum or footlocker?

Greaves all day long. We should support them after they supported us in our SD fight. We really can't forget that and should reward their loyalty

Plus it's a local business.

Anyway, what's the deal with JD and Celtic? Are they exclusive? If so, I'll probably avoid. If not, I'm not getting upset about it.

Possibly Greaves, Glasgow.
ENcdvIJ.gif

SD haven’t done Rangers any harm. They actually tried to do a sensible deal with us but we fekked up as we still had one (if you can call it a deal) with ashley.

I use none of these companies, never did in the first place truth be told.

But for example, I've been looking at running gear lately and some new balance stuff came up quite cheap. Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole as people might think i'm a mentally challenged wearing that stuff as for the past 3-4 years the only people wearing new balance in Scotland are the nonces.

Do you think the mentally challengeds avoid products and business that are involved with us? You bet your bottom dollar they do. Probably email and phone them day and night to let them know that sevco didnt pay a face painter and used EBTs.
Fuckin correct mate. As soon as wee Amy Macdonald nailed her colours to the mast years ago, peters ensued on social media from the enablers. Lassie outs as a bluenose, and is getting all sorts from these animals.

Im hoping our stuff will now be on sites like kitbag sports for example they are a great site for football merchandise

JD have shops throughout europe which is good.
They are always better looking shops and layouts inside.
Its a pity we couldnt only deal with JD instead of sports direct as well.
JD s turnover is a billion pounds more per annum than SD.

Pro Direct Soccer have zero connections with Mike. Their owners genuinely hate the guy and they will stock everything SD does - minus the tack. A Suitable alternative.

Pro Direct Soccer have zero connections with Mike. Their owners genuinely hate the guy and they will stock everything SD does - minus the tack. A Suitable alternative.

Great for boots, get the ones that are a year old with a hefty reduction.

Shop where you want mate. Sports direct will still be there if you spend your money their or not. If your completely against sports direct then possibly dw or go online to mandmdirect they do sports stuff but can be hit or miss.

We have our deal now with Castore which sorts us out financially,I genuinely couldn’t give a monkeys about other places for non Rangers branded stuff so for me, just shop wherever is handy for you, it doesn’t suddenly make you less staunch or any of that nonsense.

Question is, are stores other than SD getting the strip? They did say they had an exclusive on it.

If you have a choice Greaves should be top of the list IMO. Great sports store than been around as long as me.

So will the vast majority.

It's all wind and piss to post on the forum. In reality no dent will be made on any multi national company that partners us or them.
That just shows how many wimps we have in our support these days.
Would never have happened back in the day with CR Smith. :p

Question is, are stores other than SD getting the strip? They did say they had an exclusive on it.

If you have a choice Greaves should be top of the list IMO. Great sports store than been around as long as me.
Yes multiple high st retailers per last nights club statement will sell it.

To start boycotting shops is nat behaviour. Shop where's best and handy for you.

What??? Mike Ashley and SD are the SPIV legacy we could not shake. He has dragged us through the courts, cost us fortunes in legal fees, tried to get DK jailed, hijacked the Hummel deal, starved us of cash, had us making a few pence per jersey sale.... the list goes on, and you are happy to walk in to his shop and give him your cash??

Crack on mate, but hopefully all real Rangers fans never forget what Mike Ashley did to our club. We would be in a far stronger position by now if it wasn't for him, we should have been raking in millions for years from our retail side.

I remember when we had that tie-in with JJB years ago, the mentally challenged stuff was still more prominently displayed in JJB than ours was.
So it’s not as if mentally challengeds didn’t buy there because of the links to us.

Greaves all day long, a shop that stood by us in our battle with SD

What??? Mike Ashley and SD are the SPIV legacy we could not shake. He has dragged us through the courts, cost us fortunes in legal fees, tried to get DK jailed, hijacked the Hummel deal, starved us of cash, had us making a few pence per jersey sale.... the list goes on, and you are happy to walk in to his shop and give him your cash??

Crack on mate, but hopefully all real Rangers fans never forget what Mike Ashley did to our club. We would be in a far stronger position by now if it wasn't for him, we should have been raking in millions for years from our retail side.
Now that you've got that off your chest, please point out to me where I said i'm going to go there and spend my cash.

Maybe I can get a cash advancement from the DWP to order a rangers top from the castore sight if that's going to make me a real rangers fan. Doubt they'll give me it though.

If you have a young family on a tight budget and minimum wages S.D. is a cheap option to kit out your family,I have never bought any Rangers merchandise from the slug but I know my family have bought other stuff from the shop,Needs must.

Now that you've got that off your chest, please point out to me where I said i'm going to go there and spend my cash.

Maybe I can get a cash advancement from the DWP to order a Rangers top from the castore sight if that's going to make me a real Rangers fan. Doubt they'll give me it though.

Your changing your tune, you never mentioned cost as the reason!! You said

"To start boycotting shops is nat behaviour. Shop where's best and handy for you"

Boycotting SD is not "nat behaviour", you don't give people cash that tried to fu** you over.

You then mention convenience as the other reason to give fat mike you cash!

Real Rangers fans would not spend a coin in Sports Direct, end of.

Back