Alves and Bates for the piggery?

Gallant Few

Any chance of them making it?

Thought Bates would be due back by now after the initial length of time he was ruled out for. We simply have to push McCrorie into midfield if he is. Alves would replace Martin for me too if available.

Would improve our chances massively.

I agree on both counts.

Murty said Bates was ‘very close’ over a fortnight ago. I know he’s now leaving us but he’s our player and he’s needed big time for four massive games

It's not ideal, but looking at the options available there is nothing overly attractive.
Martin has to sit it out, then anything else we can cobble together to make a central defense will have to do.

Sorry but Bates shouldn’t play again for us

Why? Looking unlikely he'll make it anyway, but you would risk the scum winning the league against us for the sake of not fielding a player who wont be here next season?

Looking possible the only centre back who will be here next season is McCrorie anyway, so what does it matter between Alves, Cardoso, Martin & Bates?

If fit, then yes. Bates, Alves and RM in front of them. Might raise questions about Bates' commitment going into challenges given his signing for the Germans though. Martin is a bomb scare and RM was bullied at Hampden.

I was never rally a particulalry big Bates fan - but on the evidence of McCrorie at CH recently - and being rag-dolled by Dumbele - I'd rather have Bates in there on Sunday (I think).

And I say that as someone who is not impressed with how he went over to Hamburg and publicly signed his deal with them at a crucial point in our season.

But I'd imagine it will be damage limitation with Martin and McCrorie again. Sunday is not going to be pretty.

think we all know it will be Martin and McCrorie now for the rest of the season. Murty clearly does not like Cardoso

Is Cardoso fit? He must start if so but Murty will predictably play the same team that started vs Hearts because he's clueless

Why? Looking unlikely he'll make it anyway, but you would risk the scum winning the league against us for the sake of not fielding a player who wont be here next season?

Looking possible the only centre back who will be here next season is McCrorie anyway, so what does it matter between Alves, Cardoso, Martin & Bates?

Sorry but IMO we shouldn’t be playing players that want away.

He’s signed for another team. Let him sit in the stands until then.

What's wrong with Alves?[/QUOTE

He's not interested in playing in this league especially against the scum, the last two games he was playing against them, he went off and wanted to go off again when we were down to 10 men.
Hopefully we can get rid of him and his cronies in the close season.

Doesnt try, doesnt care and officially injured, whatever that means.

Has taken us for a ride, big time and should be the last over 30s player we sign, certainly of the "I was once good but now Im old and want to top up my pension before retiring".

Complete nonsense.

He’s hasn’t been great but to say “he doesn’t try” and “he doesn’t care” is just ridiculous.

Centre half options make for grim reading and as a result is going to weaken the midfield.

At risk of ridicule, could Rossiter be involved? See he’s playing well again today for the 20’s - that’s three games in a row. If McCrorie has to play at the back there’s defo a spot for him in the midfield. I know it’s a big ask/risk etc. but we’re powderpuff in there and this game is massive.

I was never rally a particulalry big Bates fan - but on the evidence of McCrorie at CH recently - and being rag-dolled by Dumbele - I'd rather have Bates in there on Sunday (I think).

And I say that as someone who is not impressed with how he went over to Hamburg and publicly signed his deal with them at a crucial point in our season.

But I'd imagine it will be damage limitation with Martin and McCrorie again. Sunday is not going to be pretty.

Maybe in another couple of seasons an experience manager will make him a good central defender, but at the moment he's not ready to play in that position.
If the boys in the team, he'll need to revert back to play as a defensive midfielder.imo.

Centre half options make for grim reading and as a result is going to weaken the midfield.

At risk of ridicule, could Rossiter be involved? See he’s playing well again today for the 20’s - that’s three games in a row. If McCrorie has to play at the back there’s defo a spot for him in the midfield. I know it’s a big ask/risk etc. but we’re powderpuff in there and this game is massive.

There becomes a time when the boys needing to be given a first team game, to monitor his match fitness.
If not against the soapdodgers, surely before the last four games are concluded.
Or could it be that Murts. has been told to leave well alone until the new manager has time to assess the boy.? after all he's got the makings of being a very good footballer if handled correctly.

Complete nonsense.

He’s hasn’t been great but to say “he doesn’t try” and “he doesn’t care” is just ridiculous.

He has not been giving 100%, he's been going through the motions. I believe it is binary, you're either giving 100% or your not trying.

There is also a great danger in having players giving less than 100%, it causes resentment in the squad, this is enhanced when such a player is on big money, as Alves is.

There becomes a time when the boys needing to be given a first team game, to monitor his match fitness.
If not against the soapdodgers, surely before the last four games are concluded.
Or could it be that Murts. has been told to leave well alone until the new manager has time to assess the boy.? after all he's got the makings of being a very good footballer if handled correctly.

He's a crock, get rid off immediately.

Our sole objective is to stop a Celtic 9 in a row and we have 2 years to do it.

We also have a significant disadvantage in terms of current squad, available resources and manager, therefore we have to eliminate all BS and be ruthless in our approach.

No chance of it happening but I'd start Cardoso with Martin and play McCrorie in midfield with Holt & Dorrans.

If Bates is still recovering and Alves is injured then go with Martin & Cardoso with McCrorie sitting in front of them. That would be my set up and i'd be working on that all week at Auchenhowie, but then again...

Either would be a massive upgrade on Martin, even Cardoso would be.

Can’t see anything other than Murty sticking with his pal and another defensive horror show though.

I would risk it surely it’s worth a go it’ll be Martin and McCrorie CBs need bite CM we’ve got to have someone putting his foot in and can pass a ball

Back