Alves loses appeal

It's all about context. Decision is fine in line with consistency elsewhere. There is none, so this is just another example of the bias we face from the games governing body.

This proves that they are cheating.

Scott brown was not cited for a kick in the face of a Hamilton player.

The club should take further action

It's probably the correct decision.

What is fûcking scandalous however is that he's the first and only player to be punished retrospectively this season.

We see assaults on our players go unpunished every other week. We see the likes of Brown boot and elbow people on a weekly basis.

This bias / lack of consistency must be challenged by the club.

This is exactly the point ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nobody that I can see is saying that Alves shouldn't get a red for kicking out at Moult.

What seems to be being said is that it would be nice to see players from any club other than us being sanctioned retrospectively for some absolutely disgraceful assaults this season (including one well publicised kicking of another player in the head)

An appeal worked for Scott Brown after one of the most blatant red cards ever seen in this country.

Exactly this, as clear a red as you will ever see, over turned.

As soon as that decision was made ( purely so he was free to play against us) it told you all you need to know about how corrupt the game is in Scotland.

It was a red. Let's not make every single negative decision by the refs into an ordeal.

I have no problem calling out the multiple errors they make in games but if we make a fuss over any and every decision then we become as paranoid as they used to be.

So why was Moult not given the same punishment for the exact same offence?

Sadly due to Manager being sacked Bruno will be completley forgotten about, our board will just forget about him and let the ban stand.

Just checked the report of the game on the SPFL site and they are showing Herrera and Moult were booked for dissent therefore Moult's kick (in retaliation which I always thought was treated as a worse offence) is just being ignored by the Compliance Officer. I thought Rangers lawyers would have raised this in Alves's appeal.

It was a red. Let's not make every single negative decision by the refs into an ordeal.

I have no problem calling out the multiple errors they make in games but if we make a fuss over any and every decision then we become as paranoid as they used to be.
It wasn’t the red card that was the “ negative decision “ it was the fact that he ( a rangers player ) was singled out amidst the rest of the brutality that was on show that day.

Yet the person he kicked, also kicked him - so why was Moult not offered a retrospective 2 match ban?

This is correct!

There are two options here.

Moult is booked for kicking out at Alves. Equality in Scotland is no ban for Moult as referee only viewed this as yellow. He either did not see or did not think that Alves kick was worthy of action. The outcome for the same offence one player gets a two match ban and one has no action taken. Worth also remembering that it is not a one match ban but two, effectively due to the incompetence of the referee.

Moult was booked for the incident with Herrera and not the kick out at Alves. If this was the case why was he not cited along with Alves.

It would be nice if good old Tony could clarify the position for us, but then again.

Back