Alves speaks out about cheating refs

The referees set that standard very early this season as to what you can get away with without being penalised (the Scott Brown standard I suppose you would call it). Now anyone has to get away with this sort of stuff. Regardles if we won or lost today this is doing the game up here no favours at all (it's brutal because it is allowed to be brutal).

At last someone has decided to speak up. A European winner who has played the most and at the highest level than anyone in Scottish football and is actually in a position to make comment.

Won't go down too well on here with some of the pr!cks on here telling him to man up and want him replaced by Gregor Stevens

I’d like also hear from Cardoso who was left for what 3 mins pouring blood with a broken nose, and from Morelos who is targeted on a weekly basis. And from our club captain.

A head injury and that wank McLean continued to play the game.

What Alves said is right, and it needed saying.

But his timing was all wrong, and given that he lost his composure near the end, he certainly should not have been the one to be voicing this today.

As for referee's, call it what you will, call it cheating, call it fear, call it looking after their own skins, the hell, call it anything, but clearly Rangers are not playing at the moment on a level playing field.

MacLean is no fool, he understands that his errors in this match won't bring down the wrath of the press.
However, in the moment of today's game, certainly at a subconscious level, he knew that calling a second foul and a red card on Bowman would have been a bad press day tomorrow, if there was even a tiny bit of doubt that it wasn't 100% the right call.

Why take the chance, just play the percentages, and Rangers are never the House in these calls.

Last edited:
He is 100% correct in what he is saying but he will get called a hypocrite by the media most likely.

Also get the feeling that he never received a booking for the aftermath with Moult so he can get a ban? Would not surprise me.

A head injury and that wank McLean continued to play the game.
You do also realize that we had the ball and could have put it out and never did, Yes McLean was dire but we could also have stopped the game by putting the ball out of play. Cardoso was also at the other end of the pitch which didn't help.

did you actually watch the game the kick at moult was nothing compared to what our players received and the cheating c##t of a ref allowed it. and in your eyes its ok because one of our players had a fly kick and he shouldnt speak out .
If you complain about other players going unpunished and you are just as guilty of having a kick at an opponent, Then the media will just throw it back at Alves given he wasn't also punished, It's quite simple to understand.

It's impossible for our players to dish it out in the same manner it's being done to them when our first or second bread and butter tackle is an automatic yellow card.

The opposition are allowed to set the tone early doors with a series of nasty challenges that are just ignored by the officials.

Clyde 1 laughed at his interview and dismissed his points because Alves had a kick out (out of pure frustration) and their response to him was 'welcome to Scottish football'.

Partly the reason we've not qualified for a tournament in 20 years.

aye, hopefully the board can find the courage
Its not really the boards place to slate the referees. If they did they would be stepping on the managers toes. While I'm sure they'll be doing it in the back ground I don't believe they can actually come out and say it.

He is 100% correct in what he is saying but he will get called a hypocrite by the media most likely.

Also get the feeling that he never received a booking for the aftermath with Moult so he can get a ban? Would not surprise me.
Would the easier way to get him banned not have been to send him off?

Good on you Bruno.

Might be too little to late also I hope our board have approached the SFA already

This is a fuckin outrage

Should focus on being a defender.

Let down

Oh please %^*& off

You never hear the end of whinging on here when no-one speaks out then when they do they get pish like this thrown at them.

He’s played at the highest level and is a Portuguese international, he doesn’t need you to tell him what to do. I think people would be slightly less disappointed with his contribution if they had more realistic expectations too. He’s 35, he’s past his best, yet seemingly many still had this image in their head of him strolling it.

Exactly.

A hired gun that turned up at the gunfight with a pea-shooter.

And blaming ref's is Timothy material. Leave that to them.
Aye the yahoos tell a ref before a match he had better get it right and you complain because one of our players speaks out. Dignified silence loses. We have to fight fire with fire. I suppose you condone Bowman too.

We need the board to scream about refs, opposition not being punished during this open season on Rangers, not just speak out

At long last someone from our team says what needs to be said, we must keep on saying the same, until they get the message. It certainly worked a treat for the untouchables.
If Motherwell try any of that against the establishment team, they will finish the game gubbed with 7 men on the park.

The referees aren’t cheating ffs, they’re just not very good.

I’m glad Alves has said what he said and I think he’s put it across in the correct way, but, some folk on here are starting to sound like tims the way they go on about supposed cheating refs.

Are they incompetent? Absolutely. Are they actively trying to cheat Rangers? Don’t be so bloody ridiculous.
No one can be that incompetent

Most problems are linked and part of a bigger picture which will take a long time to correct.
The general anti Rangers feeling in the country make it easier for refs to give us nothing than risk giving a soft decision for us.
This is linked to the media, public perception(PR) etc. If it was a scum player, the online news and broadcasters would be all over it, showing the most gory pics etc. The media aren’t going to do that with our players. Why would they? We are at war with them all.
That all comes back to “bridge building”. It can’t be overstated how important it is that we start turning it round. That means everyone in and around the club including us fans has a part to play.
This refereeing non decision is just a tiny symptom of a huge problem. This post could go onto almost all of our problems with authorities etc. We lost it over years and it’ll take years to turn around. It’s not cheating, it’s cowardly (and incompetent)imo which for a professional is just as bad.

What Alves said is right, and it needed saying.

But his timing was all wrong, and given that he lost his composure near the end, he certainly should not have been the one to be voicing this today.

As for referee's, call it what you will, call it cheating, call it fear, call it looking after their own skins, the hell, call it anything, but clearly Rangers are not playing at the moment on a level playing field.

MacLean is no fool, he understands that his errors in this match won't bring down the wrath of the press.
However, in the moment of today's game, certainly at a subconscious level, he knew that calling a second foul and a red card on Bowman would have been a bad press day tomorrow, if there was even a tiny bit of doubt that it wasn't 100% the right call.

Why take the chance, just play the percentages, and Rangers are never the House in these calls.

I’m not defending his actions because he was in the wrong but I think a lot of people would react in some way after everything that went on in that match! You could argue he got fouled in the build up to the incident. He’s called it spot on tho, that behaviour from them, that is not acceptable in football. That is also holding Scotland back that that is seen to be ok and not condoned!

Clyde 1 laughed at his interview and dismissed his points because Alves had a kick out (out of pure frustration) and their response to him was 'welcome to Scottish football'.

Partly the reason we've not qualified for a tournament in 20 years.

Why would anyone even listen to absolute fannies like that? Typical Jurassic era football fans who have no idea about football on that show.

They can laugh all they want but at the end of the day Alves proves his point by lashing out and not getting sent off. He never said he was innocent at any point, he said the refereeing was atrocious. And he's right or he'd have been off with a few other Well players.

They're laughing at a guy who knows more and is way more successful than them, in other words, jealousy.

No one can be that incompetent

Yes they can.

You can literally see hundreds upon hundreds examples of incompetent refereeing from all over the world, every single week.

The idea that this is unique to Rangers is utter fantasy and it is becoming more and more prevalent after each defeat. It’s embarrasing.

Oh please %^*& off

You never hear the end of whinging on here when no-one speaks out then when they do they get pish like this thrown at them.

He’s played at the highest level and is a Portuguese international, he doesn’t need you to tell him what to do. I think people would be slightly less disappointed with his contribution if they had more realistic expectations too. He’s 35, he’s past his best, yet seemingly many still had this image in their head of him strolling it.

Means %^*& all when he isn't cutting it at Rangers just now. My expectations were not to look dreadful against the likes of Hibs, and Partick, and Motherwell

he's basically saying Scottish football is shite

He's correct

Watch all the faux offended panty wipes come out of the woodwork

Yep whole team was bullied & battered all over the park and did feck all as retribution. Far too soft
How does playing within the laws of the game make you too soft. The referee had an absolute nightmare and should be highlighted. How that makes us like the mentally challengeds, as some are inferring I dont know. But the sheer incompetence of the officials was breathtaking anď the club (board) really have to take a stand or move aside and get people in who will speak out. The club have a duty of care to their employees and if the man employed to ensure their safety is not doing his job, then this must be brought to the attention of the proper authorities.

And once again there's people here who'd rather have a go at our own player. What the %^*& is wrong with some of you ?

Probably the same type who cry that the club doesn't speak out.
Exactly. And I’m getting royally scunnered with folk piping up with total shite like ‘it’s not our way’ and ‘we maintain a dignified silence’. That was fine when folk went to matches in hats and overcoats. It’s a different game now and we are up against a massive anti-Rangers/pro-them agenda in all facets of football right now. Mhedia, dubious refereeing, a Compliant Officer, etc.

Time to get realistic and in the 21st century. And fight back.

I'm obviously in the minority here but I was cringing listening to Alves post match interview.

A Rangers player greetin and whining about the opposition and referees.

It would never have happened under Wallace, Souness or Smith.

Can you imagine John Brown, Gough, Ian Ferguson coming away with that?

I expect Rangers players to man up and give a bit back.

If that means finishing the game with 9 or 10 men, then so be it. And then we can look at referees, inconsistencies, etc.

Exactly. And I’m getting royally scunnered with folk piping up with total shite like ‘it’s not our way’ and ‘we maintain a dignified silence’. That was fine when folk went to matches in hats and overcoats. It’s a different game now and we are up against a massive anti-Rangers/pro-them agenda in all facets of football right now. Mhedia, dubious refereeing, a Compliant Officer, etc.

Time to get realistic and in the 21st century. And fight back.
And the filth are in cahoots with politicians to bring in strict liability and we all know who that is aimed at. There is a conspiracy against our Club that goes from the very bottom to the very top of society in this country.

And the filth are in cahoots with politicians to bring in strict liability and we all know who that is aimed at. There is a conspiracy against our Club that goes from the very bottom to the very top of society in this country.
Agreed. You only need to look at the fact they always appoint their own, and once they get one in... Let’s put it this way, the Compliant Officer’s predecessor was one, and his successor will be one too. Guaranteed.

DMxF4nfWAAAMJUM.jpg

Sorry Bruno.........stop crying about it and dish some out instead
I'm amazed you have 5 people like that comment! Don't you think if he broke a Motherwell players nose he would have been looking at a red card. there are rules and then there are rules only ever applied to our players.

Wrong day to point it out Bruno, a game in which in all probability you will get a retrospective ban from

Nonsensical to moan about a ref the day he should have sent you off!

Wrong day to point it out Bruno, a game in which in all probability you will get a retrospective ban from

Nonsensical to moan about a ref the day he should have sent you off!
Yeah nothing like an apologist calling out an international who has played in leagues all over the world and calls out what's not acceptable in the game .
I despair of these so called supporters.
Alves clearly says when your not being protected by the officials against players behaviour then frustrations will happen.
That's normal it's the abnormal amount of ridiculous behaviour of teams tactics that referees condone against us

If he hadn't lashed out at Moult then yes he was correct in speaking out, But given he had a kick at Moult he'll just get that statement thrown back in his face by those in the media.

So, we need to fight back.
Alves hits one hard now its he shouldnt have lashed out.

Either we go in hard or dont. Cant ask them to then criticize it. Shame as when Pena put the elbow in the Hamilton player he got slated, but people are asking for us to be hard.

Starting to sound like the mankymob now blaming refs, these words would have held a bit more weight if Bruno himself hadn't done a straight red offence that was missed.

Oh please %^*& off

Disagree, a current Portuguese international should stroll it here. However i'm not blaming him, the team is disjointed.

Back