Alves

Stewart clark

SO what’s the script with Alves? When asked about whether he could have played I thought murty ducked the question, when if he was unable to play murty surely would have said so? If he’s not committed he shouldn’t be here and shouldn’t play again

He will be looking to leave this mess in January, of that there is no doubt he always seems to be out when we need him.

Sounded to me that Murty chose to leave him out to ensure fit for next games from pre match and post match interviews
Murty clearly said in his interview before the game that Bruno 'tellingly' came to him and said he wasn't fit. Bruno looks after Bruno by the looks of it. Another waste of a wage. I remember Barry Ferguson taking painkilling injections every other week to step up and play. Who in our current squad would do this...

Oh what a shame. If only we had contracts that included a 'pay as you play' clause. But then we'd have missed out on Webster, Prodan and young Rossiter. Only 2.5 years left on his contract.

was thinking last week that i wouldn't be surprised if he ducked out of the soapdodgers game .

might be gettin' the excuses in early .

Making sure he is fit for the game against the scum is my thinking. Don't want players who have been injured playing on that lottery of a surface.
The next game is always the most important. If he as fit, he should have played. End of.

The next game is always the most important. If he as fit, he should have played. End of.
Not if there is a risk of the player being injured and out for a period of time. We have seen plenty of players not play on these pish surfaces.

Alves always gave me the impression that he doesn't want to be at Ibrox.Even more so with Pedro gone.
I bet his mrs has to kick him out of bed in the morning.
When the alarm goes off I bet he says 'aw f uck I need to get back to Portugal'.

Has turned out to be a disappointing signing. On paper, he should offer us much. In reality, he offers us very little - and gets paid exceptionally handsomely for doing so. Definitely a deal that suits Bruno Alves a lot better than it does Rangers. If he's not going to feature prominently in the second half of the season, we should terminate his contract. Why should we accommodate an expensive benchwarmer who picks and chooses when he plays ? Time to shit or get off the pan, Bruno.

"Half fit, ageing footballer in not being available for dodgy plastic pitch shocker"

We lose games and our signings are shyte. We win games and people cream themselves.

It was said before the game that he was not fully fit. So he was not risked on that abysmal surface. Now, for a second, imagine if he is indeed not fully fit AND Murty would have send him out, he had aggravated his injury and would miss Motherwell and the Scum. People would scream hell and thunder at Murty and the club like there is no tomorrow.

Today's game was hardly lost in defence. We had no MF to speak of, one constantly overrun or bypassed by Killie. We tried to beat them at their own game and failed badly.

PS: We sure need a leader on the park (and have been for 3 years) if there is no leadership from the sidelines.

Not if there is a risk of the player being injured and out for a period of time. We have seen plenty of players not play on these pish surfaces.
So we just field a weakened team and surrender points every time we face Kilmarnock or Accies away?

As the good old Glasgow saying goes,”Good Riddance to Bad ?” when he can pick and choose his games, please take him

Let’s get real apart from bragging rights next week is no more important than today, every point is a prisoner and we can’t afford to say we will keep a player for this game or that.

Making sure he is fit for the game against the scum is my thinking. Don't want players who have been injured playing on that lottery of a surface.
I’m hoping that is the case but, if he doesn’t play, real serious questions need to be asked of him.

In all honesty you can see why he wouldn’t want to spend his last couple of seasons at the complete basket case of a club he is at just now

In all honesty you can see why he wouldn’t want to spend his last couple of seasons at the complete basket case of a club he is at just now
Shouldn’t have taken the dough then, he’s a professional football player and should give 100% until he leaves

Why bother playing when you get paid the same for watching from the stand? No point in getting all sweaty and spoiling a nice wee trip to Ayrshire.

I said a couple of weeks ago that a freak injury would put him out of the scum game.

I don't trust him and besides,he's absolutely feckin gash.

Back