Alves

No injured he’s bottled it like he bottled the last one
Aye, a guy that’s played in countless big derbies and games for country bottled it

Something is clearly stinking which is why Alves and Cardoso especially have been left out of games

I wouldn’t be too quick in blaming the foreigners though

Our club needs cleansed from the board to the players though

Aye, a guy that’s played in countless big derbies and games for country bottled it

Something is clearly stinking which is why Alves and Cardoso especially have been left out of games

I wouldn’t be too quick in blaming the foreigners though

Our club needs cleansed from the board to the players though
Yup he bottled the last one. A agree something stinks because they should be the defensive partnership but something it clearly not right

Came here to steal a wage and that is what he has done - he won't be going anywhere in January either as he will no doubt be looking to play in the world cup, though you would imagine his "form" would need to improve drastically for that to happen ...

Another terrible signing to add to the list of failures.

The famous back injury nobody can prove. The sad thing is we need him in the team as Wilson is honking and cannot be trusted at the piggery. He must get Cardoso back in the team in a few days time.

If he’s working his ticket then he can do one. I know our situation is bad but I’d rather be without him if that is the case.

I don’t know the current situation with Portugal, but I wonder if he has been told to get out of Scotland, to have any chance of making their Euro squad.

He’s wrapped himself in cotton wool for the Euoros IMO.

Get him gone in January

He won’t get a game if he’s wrapped in cotton wool. He needs to be playing in order to go to the Euros.

I love how it’s now become fact on here that Alves is working his ticket. People putting 2 and 2 together and coming out with whatever suits them.

The reality is we signed an older defender at the end of his career, who’s had nothing but niggling injuries since he arrived. I’m shocked that people are shocked by that fact.

I was really looking forward to him playing for us. A complete let down but I think there's a lot going on behind the scenes. We're a shambles from top to bottom so maybe he has his reasons. I honestly don't know anymore.

He might not have been 100% fit but he was fit enough to start the game and chose not to and went to madrid instead

He went to Madrid to get treatment from Ronaldo’s physio. It wasn’t just a holiday. The following week he went away with Portugal, and still wasn’t fit to play.

If he’s working his ticket then he can do one. I know our situation is bad but I’d rather be without him if that is the case.

I don’t know the current situation with Portugal, but I wonder if he has been told to get out of Scotland, to have any chance of making their Euro squad.

It's the world cup next year not Euros.

I would be surprised if he makes the squad tbh but wouldn't be too shocked to see his form improve nearer to the time - he has been distinctly average thus far.

If he isn't fit to play against the scum what actually is the point in him being here? He'll have missed two old firms in a row and missed Pittodrie. Sorry Bruno, but we didn't sign you to play against the lesser clubs (which he actually hasn't been very good against).

He went to Madrid to get treatment from Ronaldo’s physio. It wasn’t just a holiday. The following week he went away with Portugal, and still wasn’t fit to play.
He was fit to play against celtic wither you believe that or no is upto you

actually to be fair, bates was decent up to the first goal, boyd got in ahead of him for the first time and that was that. boyd's second goal was a wicked deflection. But it was plain a goal was coming. How about the manager stiffening up the midfield by going 4-5-1 to take the strain of the center halfs. Windass should have been hooked for barjonas.

Alves will play at the piggery then that will be last game i reckon, he is definitely for the off.

It's the world cup next year not Euros.

I would be surprised if he makes the squad tbh but wouldn't be too shocked to see his form improve nearer to the time - he has been distinctly average thus far.

Oppps, cheers. Shows you how out of touch I am with International football.

So Alves has told people he’s injured and off to get treatment, but you know better than the man himself?
If he was really injured how come he was fine to go away with portugal shortly after? He might no have been 100% fit but he was fit to play in the game or atleast make the bench

You sense an arrangement to allow Alves to go back to play in Portugal (a la Mendes I think a few years back) to get in the limelight for the WC squad is in the offing!

Should be gone ASAP too much dead wood squad needs ripped apart and moved on

McCoist brought up Alves twice yesterday, saying that in his day he could count on his hands number times he played at 100% fitness.

Makes you want wonder what he's heard

This thread is breathtaking in its bullshit level.

Are we really to believe that Bruno Alves shat out of the Old Firm game, lied to the club and his country and fled to Madrid for the weekend....... FFS talk about stretching credibility.

This board had jumped the shark.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good story.
Also yesterday on the way back from the game, I thought I heard on radio that he wanted to play yesterday but Murty didn't want to risk him.
Can anyone confirm this or is my hearing fuked as well as my brain.

Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that it was because of the pitch - I know that Aberdeen player Arnesson doesn't play on plastic surfaces.

If that is the case though, someone from the club should come out and say so. There's absolutely no chance that a SPL club shouldn't have a grass surface. Someone junior parks are better than Rugby Park.

He surely can't come to Scotland and leave without having had the chance of a kick at Scott Broon and Celtic.

Can’t blame Alves if he is swinging the lead, he’s a proven internationalist being managed by a youth team coach.

I presume he could stomach it if it was short term but when he found out it was for the season he probably thought....naw.

We will find out soon enough.

Back