Am i being nit picky but come on?

In the first half we must’ve had the ball 85% of the time. Thy never strung a single pass all half. Laughable stats.

Flashscore has it the same.

I really have no idea how they calculate this.

Then again their keeper at goal kicks was probably the player in possession the longest of both teams!

Think it's time we heard from @Greg Marshall to confirm that the club are aware of this and are asking questions of the SPFL/SFA and OPTA, the company contracted to collate these stats.

It seems to be only our games (as far as I can tell) and it's been going on now for over a year (and perhaps beyond). I have a list of the worst examples that I know of, if needed.

More likely a bbc ploy to make us look poor. Wouldnt put it past them. Sky bet had us at 75% for the whole game.

That is ridiculous, but it has been a feature on that site for some time, I usually look at it and then scratch my head in disbelief.
Someone is at it, and of course, you just know it will be a TIm.
They pollute every single job they are allowed to infest.

When you have your formative years spent in a bigot factory twisting your mind and filling your head with hate, then as the Jesuits say, 'give me the child and I will give you the man'.
Sadly these are the sort of men that are turning Scotland into a Banana Republic.

"When Stranraer were finally undone it was a scruffy opener from a corner that should have been a goal-kick for the visitors."

Hmmmm.

'give me the child and I will give you the man'.

[/QUOTE]
I thought that was the tagline to that tv programme, 7 up. :D

It's annoying though there is no way they had anywhere near 60% possession

Think it's time we heard from @Greg Marshall to confirm that the club are aware of this and are asking questions of the SPFL/SFA and OPTA, the company contracted to collate these stats.

It seems to be only our games (as far as I can tell) and it's been going on now for over a year (and perhaps beyond). I have a list of the worst examples that I know of, if needed.

The club must make a statement.

Reactions: Egt
I'm assuming you're being sarcastic, as for some reason many 'official ticketers' on here are, but the question is why?

I was being sarcastic yes. I assume the BBC get their stats from somewhere and don’t just pluck them out the sky. We won, who cares what they have possession wise.

That pic of defoe’s pen - any amateur on here strike a ball where your trailing foot carries your weight? Its not just him - seen loads of pics. Never understood it - i’ve always kicked with my trailing leg turned but square to the ground. Might explain why i never made it :D

We were so lucky to go through.

If it wisnae for our 33 shots at goal it would have finished 0-0.

Clocked that at half time - it was 68% them vs 32% us and something like 22 shots at goal from us with them not having a single shot.

We must have had a bit more of the ball in the 2nd half.

I was being sarcastic yes. I assume the BBC get their stats from somewhere and don’t just pluck them out the sky. We won, who cares what they have possession wise.
Funny. I never mentiond the BBC, but I did mention OPTA in both my posts, who actually do produce the stats in question, but you crack on with your snide comments regardless. Clearly couldn't wait to stick your neck in that you didn't even read what you were replying to.

So it's clear you don't care about the stats being wrong but you do care so much about fellow fans discussing it that you come on here and try to be a smart arse. Pity you made an absolute kunt of it eh?

Last edited:
The way I read that. We were pretty much under the cosh but managed to hit them on the counter attack 33 times and get a shot in.

Not exactly how I saw the game.

It's a fair point by the original poster. If we don't believe it is some kind of conspiracy with someone trying to wind us up, I would genuinely be interested to hear how they calculate possession stats if you can come up with a result like that for a games where the team with 60% possession barely left their own half of the field or strung three passes together in the entire game.

We all know that possession is a relatively meaningless stat, but a result like that must mean the method of calculating it is completely flawed to the point of being useless.

Back