Am i going daft or did 2 Spitfires fly over Cumbernauld this morning?

McRod

at about 11am?

Was doing a job in Westfield and 2 spitfire looking spitfires, spitfired over us.

Can anyone confirm?

at about 11am?

Was doing a job in Westfield and 2 spitfire looking spitfires, spitfired over us.

Cab anyone confirm?

They were at the airshow at Ayr over the weekend so possibly. Either that or Britain is bombing the mentally challenged infested shitehole

Thought I seen them in knightswood this morning.thought I was seeing things.what a noise those merlin engines make.

A Chinook helicopter was flying over the southside if Glasgow at 1630/45 today. Noticed it when I was parked at silverburn.

Thought I seen them in knightswood this morning.thought I was seeing things.what a noise those merlin engines make.

It was the engines i heard first. We looked and and couldn`t really beleive what we were looking at.

There were either two over the Wallace Monument at different times or the same one twice. Amazing sight and sound.

I was working in Cumbernauld today, didn't spot any Spitfires to be honest.

One was a Spitfire and other was a Hurricane,very similar looking planes from the ground

work in Scotstoun in the shipyard and they flew over this morning, they weren't spitfires though, think they were mustangs who were on display at the Air show in Ayr at the weekend, noise from they engines is superb

checking the Airshow website there was 2 mustangs at that so I may be right with what I saw

There was 1 that did a good few low level fly pasts of the now demolished Rolls Royce factory in E/K a couple of years back & the sound was immense

Two of them flew over me whilst I was working just of Paisley Road West today about the back of 10.

Was tremendous to watch them for the few seconds they were above!

They came to bomb the place , looked down and thought it had already been done !
Boom Boom.
C'nauld Loyal

at about 11am?

Can anyone confirm?
Saw them over Renfrew about then. Was the engine noise made me look up. Wasnt sure what I saw but the engines are unmistakeable.

I seen one tonight as i pulled into my house in cumbernauld. About 6pm, thought i was seeing things, the noise and speed was amazing

It is known as the Battle of Britain Memorial flight. I understand the engines are still under test with a problem having been identified with the merlins but rectified.
They are probably having to put in hours of proving flights before they can go back into displays.

Back