Amato

He was a very skillful player but slow as a week in the jail

I really liked the guy. Could turn defenders inside out with ease but just lacked a bit of pace. Scored some cracking goals and that drag back against Parma to cross for Durie to miss a sitter was sublime!
Was right there when he done that. Still talk about it to this day. Given the calibre of player he was up against it was some piece of skill. Only mistake was that he sent it across to a scottish internationalist

The drag back skill he used to set up Durie against Parma was utterly sublime - Durie missed the header of course! Complete sitter and the whole stadium collectively uttered FFS in symphony!

Scored some sensational goals, thought he was excellent yet always appeared unfit and more of a luxury player in the majority of games.

Will Hagi be the new Amato? :eek: :p

I loved him, remember the old firm game at Ibrox he scored a header and the nutmeg on Stubbs.

Was disappointed when he left but advocaat didn’t really fancy him.

Loads of skill and loved a trick, reckon if he had pace he wouldn’t of signed for us.
Laudrop had pace, i dont think Amato got enough games, he looked as if he could have been great for us.

With the strength and depth in our squad at that time he was seen as dispensable. I remember moments of skill and the goals against them but also not always playing due to inconsistency.

The thread has went from lacking pace to now him being very slow; utter nonsense to suggest he was slow. He wasn't fast, but I not once thought that was a problem watching him. He was brilliant for us every time I saw him play and it was a sad day he left. A very very under rated player.

I've been listening through The Advocaat years in H&H brings up some real old memories of players and games.

Have been watching all the you tube videos from that time too.

If he had pace, would likely not been at Ibrox, he would have then had everything. Prob Real Madrid or the like.

Back