Amazon Prime - Rangers 72

the reason is because the scum victory in 1967 is taken as they beat all these great teams withec67 a team born only 30 miles from Glasgow

the geography is correct but the reality is that Inter were the only "great" team they beat, we beat a Bayern Munich team who were to go on and dominate the European Cup for the next 3 years which is an achievement in it's own, never mind winning the trophy

The immigrants 'no marks' run to the 67 final:

First round: Zurich (h) 2-0 – (a) 0-3 (agg 5-0)
Second round: Nantes (a) 1-3 – (h) 3-1 (agg 6-2)
Quarter final: Vojvodina (a) 1-0 – (h) 2-0 (agg 2-1)
Semi final: Dukla (h) 1-3 – (a) 0-0 (agg 3-1)
Final: internazionale 2-1

And Linfield (an amateur side) against the run of play lost in the QF.

Last edited:
I was one of those fans that got to hold the cup the day after the final at the Rangers' players hotel in Castel de Fells. We were on a supporters' bus from Rutherglen.
That's the bus my uncle was on,he always said he got dropped off in Rutherglen to get on the bus

Could 2022 have been today's 1967...

5 years later it was the victory of 72..

5 years after 2022, it will be 2027..

55 years later.. winners again.. It's all relative.

Really enjoyed it. Wonder why Tommy McClean didn’t get more of a mention. Tried to Google to see if he doesn’t live in Scotland anymore but couldn’t find anything.

Watched this last night, it was brilliant. Way before I was born so nice to get an insight into how things were back then. Some great characters in that team and great to see they are still close all these years later

Thank you for an amazing production.
Thank you to all our mature players for taking part in an programme that was a joy to watch.
We truly are the people.

That's the bus my uncle was on,he always said he got dropped off in Rutherglen to get on the bus

Check the video to see if you can spot him getting off the bus.

I came from Coatbridge so didnt know anyone on the bus although I was told Colin Jackson's father was on it. He didnt like flying. I guess that's why we got to see the players with the cup at their training camp the next day.

Really enjoyed it. Wonder why Tommy McClean didn’t get more of a mention. Tried to Google to see if he doesn’t live in Scotland anymore but couldn’t find anything.
Same with Willie Henderson. He’s in the Team picture at the end but doesn’t feature in any of the interviews.

Also, Greig doesn’t appear in the Team picture at the end which I found strange, especially as he’s at Ibrox for his interview.

Absolutely superb production though, thoroughly enjoyed it, especially the stories from the dressing room which you don’t tend to hear.

Same with Willie Henderson. He’s in the Team picture at the end but doesn’t feature in any of the interviews.

Also, Greig doesn’t appear in the Team picture at the end which I found strange, especially as he’s at Ibrox for his interview.

Absolutely superb production though, thoroughly enjoyed it, especially the stories from the dressing room which you don’t tend to hear.
Conn nowhere to be seen either

Great watch.
A shame that some key players weren't able to contribute much.
Conn, McLean and Henderson come immediately to mind.
Brought it home to me how much a hole in such a memory exists through the loss of Sandy Jardine.

Watched this last night. Excellent stuff and a fantastic look back at an important time for the club

Great watch.
A shame that some key players weren't able to contribute much.
Conn, McLean and Henderson come immediately to mind.
Brought it home to me how much a hole in such a memory exists through the loss of Sandy Jardine.
A fantastic watch for anybody who followed that team at the time. As for the missing players, Willie Henderson was released before the final, that’s another story on its own, let’s just say that it’s a good job that nobody asked Willie what he would say to Waddell. I am fairly certain that Tommy McLean is in poor health just now And there may be a very obvious reason for Alfie Conn’s absence

On another note, I would love to be able to get my hands on a copy of that print that Dave Smith was holding up towards the end of that documentary. If anyone knows where that could be obtained Please let me know

I watched it for the second time last night and something I noticed in the wee bit of filming they had on the closing credits.a brilliant moment that the son of Dave Smith was sitting with a picture of his dad behind him on the wall of the louden.

A fantastic watch for anybody who followed that team at the time. As for the missing players, Willie Henderson was released before the final, that’s another story on its own, let’s just say that it’s a good job that nobody asked Willie what he would say to Waddell. I am fairly certain that Tommy McLean is in poor health just now And there may be a very obvious reason for Alfie Conn’s absence
I read somewhere else the alfie conn’s wife passed away when they were filming it.

I finally got around to watching this.

What an achievement that was. Didn't realise how in depth Waddell was as a manager. Walter-esque.
Also, did not realise how fantastic a player Dave Smith was. Absolutely class.

Can't help but think back to Seville, and Manchester, and how those memories could have been very different.
Next time...

I finally got around to watching this.

What an achievement that was. Didn't realise how in depth Waddell was as a manager. Walter-esque.
Also, did not realise how fantastic a player Dave Smith was. Absolutely class.

Can't help but think back to Seville, and Manchester, and how those memories could have been very different.
Next time...
Quite sad at the end seeing the empty chairs when the guys all lined up in the dressing room. It was very well made, wish they put even more content in

Just watched it. Superb. I don’t know if it was ready before the Europa League Cup final, but it would have been a real inspiration to our players if they could have watched that just before the final. It could have been the inspiration they needed to realise what legends they would become.

Just managed to watch this, utterly brilliant

Very emotional seeing the team line up at the end.
Just a shame that there were some missing that are still around, and very surprised John Grieg wasn't there.

Just managed to watch this, utterly brilliant

Very emotional seeing the team line up at the end.
Just a shame that there were some missing that are still around, and very surprised John Grieg wasn't there.
I think the bit that you see him taking his mask off let us know that perhaps he wasn't mixing with too many people at the time of filming and that's why he wasn't in the dressing room with everyone else

Anyone got a dvd copy? The menu screen on my dads doesn’t seem to work properly and you can’t see what your selecting eg film; chapter; gallery etc.
Pretty poor for £20

Without doubt the best Rangers thing I've ever watched!

I watched it myself, which was a good thing as I had 2 or 3 random outbursts of tears as the realisation of what could have been in Seville hit home after just over a month of trying to block it out.

The soppy/superstitious/optimist side of me however was thinking that 72 was won on the 3rd time of asking (Euro Final wise) so we'll surely win our next one as it'll be the 3rd in my lifetime.

Having been told how much of a genuine fanatic Alex MacDonald is, the final 5 minutes or so had me bubbling again.

An absolutely amazing documentary which left me a bit ashamed how little I knew about the Manager, Players & general circumstances involved in arguably our biggest ever achievement.

Watched it tonight with my Dad, wife and son. Utterly brilliant. Wee Doddie - jeezo. Seville hurts just a bit more too.

Watched it tonight - Excellent

I said to my son recently that we are lucky to be Rangers supporters. Some of its is tough but we have such a wonderful history as a club and great stories to tell.

Just watching it.
Wee bud sitting in his living room, picture above the fireplace- The Billy Boys

What a great watch that was, a team full of real characters, Willie Johnston and Dave Smith really stood out for me!
By the way doesn’t Ronnie Esplin look a bit like Willie Waddell?

Back