Amsterdam Hotels - Feyenoord trip

Just booked the Rho. Seems right bang next to the fanzone set up... anyone else booked here?
We're not booked in the Rho but we are also right next to Dam Square.

Couldnt have booked a better location to be honest. Probably struggle to leave the same square mile of Amsterdam due to the location of the fan zone, RLD, our digs and the train station.

5 of us staying in the best western just on the outskirts of the city centre, 10 minutes tram ride in. Anyone else staying here?

Cheaper on the outskirts. Try Sloterdijk. 6 minutes on the train to Amsterdam Central. Train every 15 minutes. 15 minutes by train to Schiphol Airport. Tram number 19 directly outside the station takes you to Leidseplein square where you can get number 12 tram direct to Dam Square. Buy an Amsterdam travel card - 1, 2 or 3 days - that gets you on trains, trams and buses. Great value.

I'm staying in the Best Western Amsterdam in Voorburgstraat. It's a bit outside the city centre but plenty of transport links to get back and forward easy enough.

I'm staying in the Best Western Amsterdam in Voorburgstraat. It's a bit outside the city centre but plenty of transport links to get back and forward easy enough.
Same hotel as us mate, I stayed here around 3 years ago when it was called the West Side Inn, it's been dolled up since and made into a Best Western. There's a tram stop literally 3 minutes walk from the hotel if you get on a number 2 tram it will drop you off at Dam square in 15 minutes

4 of us in the Best Western Dam Square Inn, think that should be near enough the fun. Staying Thurs - Sun

Last edited:
Flying pig - downtown (hostel). £60 for wed to fri. 18 man dorm room. Hoping it’s full of bears otherwise will be stinking with hashheads.

I stayed in Ibis Stopera a couple of weeks ago. About a 15/20 minute walk from central train station and about a 10 minute walk to the square.

Same hotel as us mate, I stayed here around 3 years ago when it was called the West Side Inn, it's been dolled up since and made into a Best Western. There's a tram stop literally 3 minutes walk from the hotel if you get on a number 2 tram it will drop you off at Dam square in 15 minutes

That's good then. Looks like quite a lot of bears are booked in so should be lively. I'm there Wednesday to Saturday.

Flying pig - downtown (hostel). £60 for wed to fri. 18 man dorm room. Hoping it’s full of bears otherwise will be stinking with hashheads.
Is that place still going lol,stayed there in the 90’s and yes it was stinking with hashheads :p

We're in the Conservatorium from the Wednesday- Monday. Not my usual choice of a hotel for a Euro trip but she gets a discount so no complaints from me there :)
Probably get chucked out for having a 3am sash bash after humping Feyenoord:D:)):))

I once stayed in the world's shiteyest "hotel" ever in Warmeostraat in Amsterdam. It was for the CL game where we got beaten 4-1 to cries of "so f*ckin' easy, this is so f*ckin' easy" :D

It was almost right opposite the Police station, which Dutch officers considered the most shitey posting in the whole of Holland.

Our reception desk was a hole in the wall wee hatch in a dingy corridor and at least our room had a window with a nice view of the slimey side of a brick building next door. My two other mates shared what was basically a cupboard with no windows at all and no toilet. :D They had to come into our room for a pish.

Anyway, I can't even remember the name of the shithole, but would definitely warn against 1 or 2 star shite on Warmoestraat :))

Surely we will be having a pint or two in the Old Sailor, only bar in Amsterdam you'll find a Rangers top on the wall. Pretty decent location too ;)
Why is the Old Sailor bar so popular? It gets mentioned quite a lot on threads like this but from walking past it on a stag do it just looks like quite a small and unassuming boozer? Is it purely down to it's location?

Few of us are booked in here. There any decent boozers near it other than at Dam Square?

Think it would depend which way you walked to the square but there are pubs dotted about all over the place. RL district is probably your best bet away from the square. The old sailor was one of my favourites. Went in to a few good ones but can't remember the names of them.

The bar in the hotel is pretty decent also.

Why is the Old Sailor bar so popular? It gets mentioned quite a lot on threads like this but from walking past it on a stag do it just looks like quite a small and unassuming boozer? Is it purely down to it's location?
Aye location mate, but it has a rangers top on the wall with De Boer on the back. The banana bar next door is better though :p

Back