An action plan to have them removed from the broomloan

Papasmurf

Official Ticketer
Another Update - 16.10

Please track the latest comments as this initial comment isnt always the most up to date.

Its taken a little longer than planned (unexpected family and work commitments), but I now have the first draft of the letter completed for RSC's. Ive sent this to a couple of folk on here to review, then I will send out to RSC's.

We have 203 supports clubs, and I have collated contact email addresses for 111. The remaining clubs have contact numbers, so I will work my way through contacting them directly to get contact email addresses.

I plan on creating a separate Survey that I can point them to. I wont post the link to that on here. I would like to keep it more private.....if you know what I mean.

The hope will be that I have survey results from 1) general fan base and, I assume celtic fans; 2) RSC; 3) Match day fans. This should get the number over the 10k comfortably.

In the background, I have a number of calls lined up this week to get the best deal on printing and need to work on the content. Sorry for those who said to contact them over the weekend and I havent yet. Its been busy!

In addition to this, following the call from Police Scotland last week, I expect at some point this week to get the data relating to policing costs.

Things are looking tight for the next home game. I am determined to do it right, rather than do it quickly. If we miss the next game, its not ideal, but not the end of the world.

Please keep completing and please keep sharing

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RNXJY3L

-------
I have updated the OP with the below highlights.

• Currently we have 4913 surveys completed with approx 80%wanting change.
  • I have reached out to Police Scotland to gain an understanding of potential savings by moving them to the away corner, they have asked for my number to call to discuss in more detail. I am awaiting their call
  • I have had some email exchange with C1872. They are meeting Stewart Robertson next week, and this topic “may” be on the agenda
  • I have collated costs associated with creating 10k fliers to be handed out at Ibrox as well as the costs to fully analyse the data. Should there be no tangible progress with the meeting with SR and C1872, then I will look to set up a crowd funding page to help fund the cost associated with this and to help drive this forward.

***The detail of the completed will only be visible by me and club officials should they require to validate the findings***

Original Post

There seems to be an ever growing desire within our fanbase to both reduce the number of tickets celtic fans get at Ibrox and also to move their location. I am firmly in that camp.

I am of the opinion that change is needed, but in order to facilitate this, we need to gather the appropriate information to present to the board.

By way of starting the data collection I have created a survey to collect as much information as possible. The link for the survey is below:

In order for this to be taken as serious as possible, it is imperative that we get as many fellow fans to complete this as possible. I am aiming for 10k responses. If this cannot be done solely online, then I will look at other options to complete this.

There are many different opinions within our support and each is as valid as the other. If the survey indicates that no change is desired by the majority, then so be it. I’ll drop it. I don’t believe this to be the case however.

Can I urge every one of you to complete the survey and also share this with every fan you know and on any platform you can (FaceBook, LinkIn, Twitter etc etc)?

In the background, I have also requested information from Police Scotland to understand the other aspects that need to be taken into consideration for any potential change.

The plan ultimately will be to create a proposal to be discussed with the board. A proposal based on facts and reasoning rather than raw emotion.

I am merely a supporter, like most of you, and I am happy to take on any help, advice or experience that anyone else has. Just get in touch.

We have made change happen before and we can do it again.

Last edited:
Why because we are weaker right now? Remember it will be all the sweeter when we get back on top and there's more of them to witness it. Most disagree but I see an improvement today which can be built on over the next windows.

enough is enough.

Im sure we all agree that they should no longer get the allocation they do. They should be put in the corner as all other fans do.

We can all moan about it, but unless we have a plan in place, nothing is going to change

I'm willing to put some effort into pulling together a plan and make it happen.

Would this work?

If everyone who agrees with slashing their allocation and sticking them in the corner sends a letter to a central point, then all of these letters get delivered en mass to Ibrox, surely they cannot be ignored.

I am happy to set up and pay for a PO box address, to collect all the letters and deliver them to Ibrox and follow up accordingly. If required I'd be happy to pen some sample letters so all we need to do is to print it off, sign it and send it.

Would something like that work?

Enough is enough. We need to get them out.

I am absolutely with you mate and agree enough is enough.

Why because we are weaker right now? Remember it will be all the sweeter when we get back on top and there's more of them to witness it. Most disagree but I see an improvement today which can be built on over the next windows.
I agree as well. We are on the right path. As tough as a defeat is to take.

However, flares, Ira songs, disgusting banners etc etc.

Get them out imo.

I've just posted on the match thread that if plod aren't happy with them going in the corner, then put them in BF1. They can still enter and exit the stadium the way they do just now. Any of our own supporters who are in the Broomloan simply have to walk round via the back of the Sandy Jardine stand.

I'm not sure what would give the green light to make this happen.

Like I say, I'm happy to put the effort in, and foot the costs, but I don't want to do that if it doesn't sit well with everyone and/or there is little uptake.

The board will only change it if people threaten not to renew based on this issue.

Otherwise they would rather have 8000 of them paying £49 a ticket because they know they can't get away with charging us that for the stand.

The board are only interested in the pure economics of any issue. They don't give a hoot what you or I actually think about the issues of the day.

God forbid, but just WAIT until they reach 9/10 in a row. We have to make it clear to the board we won't accept them having the entire stand if that happens. F*** giving them the satisfaction.

If it's good enough for Burnley to muster at Turf Moor in good time to be at Ewood an hour before kick off its good enough for a thousand of them to be stuck in our corner. Absolutely no more excuses! !!!!!!!!!!

Definetly, count me in, enough is enough with the cunts.

I'd go as far as giving them a section of the club deck, big net around them like we've had at the likes of PSV and the Nou Camp in the past.

The board are letting us down big time on this, they are hiding behind segregation and police excuse.

I am sick of them polluting our Stadium, utterly sick of it, the on field shambles is bad enough, but to continually have to tolerate those 19th Century Terrorist bastards lording it over us is not on. They are completely out of control.

It's our home game yet we are made to walk all the way round the stadium, I attend the game with my 85yr old grand father and we pay to parking in the albion car park for the year but against them he needs to walk almost a mile to get into the govan stand.

Give them the corner and lock them
In until we leave

The dj at Ibrox Dont get me started, twice he played that carnival song which they mutants have adopted as one of theirs...... brutal from the top down.

Gives their fans far too much of an advantage getting the whole stand. If they cut our allocation in return then so be it. It's a fair price to pay imo.

enough is enough.

Im sure we all agree that they should no longer get the allocation they do. They should be put in the corner as all other fans do.

We can all moan about it, but unless we have a plan in place, nothing is going to change

I'm willing to put some effort into pulling together a plan and make it happen.

Would this work?

If everyone who agrees with slashing their allocation and sticking them in the corner sends a letter to a central point, then all of these letters get delivered en mass to Ibrox, surely they cannot be ignored.

I am happy to set up and pay for a PO box address, to collect all the letters and deliver them to Ibrox and follow up accordingly. If required I'd be happy to pen some sample letters so all we need to do is to print it off, sign it and send it.

Would something like that work?

Enough is enough. We need to get them out.
Great idea. I'm in.

What other big club would allow their main rivals an entire stand behind the goal to rub our noses in it after a defeat, because thats what it is.
Plod clearly can't control them in there, so we now have a clear reason to get them shifted to the corner.
Bus them in and out 2 hours before and after the game if need be

WHy do people keep raising this shite? The board will do %^*& all because they are spineless.

They will do nothing about it until we force their hand.

We dump 20000 letters down in front of them at the agm, then they will have no choice but to listen.

WHy do people keep raising this shite? The board will do %^*& all because they are spineless.

If they "have to" get the Broomloan, give them just the Rear and keep the front empty.

A prominent place in our stadium will provide some sort of boost to their players.

We need to be maximising any sort of advantage we can get - and halving their allocation and putting them more out the way goes some way to do that.

I don't buy the police story. Surely from a policing point of view, it would be easier to deal with a smaller number of away fans herded into a small corner?

If the police are demanding they get a whole end, why are they not demanding the same for us at the piggery?

This just seems an excuse for bending over to them as always.

Fed up saying it. Put them in the West enclosure and have a line of stewards right along the length standing in front of them. But i guarantee this, after the next time they come visiting we'll be having the same arguments. The board's not interested.

After today, as a minimum the front 20 rows in the front section should be kept empty if not the entire bottom section. They threw a flare at our keeper, they went on the running track when they scored in an area where our ballboys are positioned, and they constantly refused to give the ball back as soon as they were winning.
I'd rather we ensured the safety of our people and protected the integrity of the game than rake in the ticket money. So leave the bottom area empty and drape loads of Rangers banners over the seats for the TV cameras to see.

This shite again.

The mentally challengeds are scum ok? Scum. We get it. Always have been.

They get the broomloan because it suits US. It minimises security cost and logistical cost.

It gets us the same allocation at the piggery. Which we NEED.
You think it's hard going there now with us "in the corner"? Try it with a 75% ticket cut.

We've been told by Dave King, we've been told by Stewart Robertson it doesn't work for RANGERS.

No offence OP, I know it's hard but for f.uck sake can we let this go.

because of design and safety issues as well as the agreement re tickets they get a far too prominent position for our support to countenance and for camera shots and Tv exposure.Cut their allocation and stick them in the corner.They will do the same to us but frankly I do not care.

There should no difference in who is accommodated in the BR/SJ corner. Brechin, Aberdeen, Fenerbache, Celtic. There should be no preferential allowance.

If the police suggest otherwise then they must be asked - why?

If we have to make stadium adjustments then so be it.

It doesn’t matter a jot how successful we are on the pitch - we must make Ibrox a fortress and a place that does not pander to away support.

Yeah I'd be in too.

That hate filled, stench of a club is desperate to burn as many bridges with us as they can so to hell with maintaining any old agreements with them - cut their allocation and stick the mutants in the corner.

OUR fans should be filling the stands against them, simple.

Last edited:

I'd rather let more Rangers supporters into Ibrox to witness it.

What is this going to achieve? Does this improve the effort the team put in on the pitch? Will this help get rid of pedro? If the answer to these last 2 questions is no, then count me out.

This shite again.

They get the broomloan because it suits US. It minimises security cost and logistical cost.

You think it's hard going there now with us "in the corner"? Try it with a 75% ticket cut.

We've been told by Dave King, we've been told by Stewart Robertson it doesn't work for RANGERS.

We don't get the same allocation at the Pigsty. If you're into appeasement at least get your facts right.

100% it has to change! The fact 3/4 of a HOME crowd has to be herded into a tight wee lane to accommodate those verminous parasites is vile and has to never happen again. The board have to grow a pair and NOW !

Where are the supporters groups? Time to put pressure on the inactive board. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Personally if ban the bastards and their horrible board from Ibrox.

Been spoken about for years time to act!

Something has to happen.Am sick at looking at those dirty mentally challenged bastards.

S
What is this going to achieve? Does this improve the effort the team put in on the pitch? Will this help get rid of pedro? If the answer to these last 2 questions is no, then count me out.
surely we can fight on more than one front?

This shite again.

Absolute guff...

Back