An action plan to have them removed from the broomloan

Doesn't really matter about 'what happens' at away grounds...the thread regards removing them from the Broomloan Road Stand!

For more clarity...I don't attend away matches so I'm not in the 'bandwagon' you speak of.

Of course it matters about away matches. This 'action plan' would directly cause our allocation to dissapear at Parkhead, hense why I have mentioned away matches.

Of course it matters about away matches. This 'action plan' would directly cause our allocation to dissapear at Parkhead, hense why I have mentioned away matches.
The vast majority no longer care about the allocation at their midden. Why should we be dictated to by the few ? And of those who still go there, there will be many who gladly give up that right to see those vermin put rightfully in their place at Ibrox which would see them limited to the corner area.

I hear what you say. As a supporter that followed Rangers home and away, week in and week out, it is very disappointing that clubs such as Hearts, Aberdeen and Celtic have chosen to cut out allocations and virtually killed off away days.

Under normal circumstances Id be in favour of encouraging away supporters to travel to see their team. It makes for a better atmosphere and consequently improves the matchday experience for everyone. However, these clubs, for whatever reason, have decided to cut our allocations and in Celtic's case have deliberately and quite cynically marginalised our fans and virtually destroyed our presence at the piggery.

Rangers sat back and allowed this situation to develop. They have done nothing to counteract these moves against our fans. Well, enough is enough.

My preferred option is to stick ALL away fans in the WE. Just as they have done to us we should marginalise opposition supporters. Give them no tv coverage. Increase our fans' tv profile. Introduce safe standing in a prominent position that will showcase our support worldwide.

While we're at it let's get Stewart Robertson together with the SLO, Club 1872, UB, TBO and reps from supporters' groups to sort out our songs.

Its time we were proactive and took control.
Giving them the WE is not taking control.
I wish you and others would get away from this WE idea, the proposal is stick them in the corner and treat them like any other away fan, and that's what we should be aiming for. And yes my seat is in the WE.

My great fear here is the individual indicisiveness of our board.

I have no doubt that DK (a man I will thank for ever) has instructed SR (a man who let us down after the cup final and after the despicable scenes at the piggery) to keep us 'in our box' in relation to this issue.

It is IMPERITIVE Papasmurf is allowed to follow through with getting the numbers supporting this Action Plan increased.

The board need to see the palpable desire of the support to address this issue.

We as a supporrt recognise the risks.

We as a support acknowledge the disparity here.

Our Board have shown in the past that their attitude is often 'let this blow over'.

Learn from the past... effegies of death and Rangers players attacked on the field of play. The status quo in Scottish Football died 6 years ago. Wake up PLEASE.

This will NOT blow over.

Not this one Mr King. Not this one.

Last edited:
Giving them the WE is not taking control.
I wish you and others would get away from this WE idea, the proposal is stick them in the corner and treat them like any other away fan, and that's what we should be aiming for. And yes my seat is in the WE.

I used to sit in the WE too. I had a cracking seat under the tv gantry. However, Id happily have given this up for a seat in the Broomloan or elsewhere if it meant the bheasts and all other fans were moved out of sight and sound. The WE holds about 3k fans as well so we could argue with Liewell that we want a similar percentage at the piggery.

Each to their own however. Its the same with Safe Standing.

As long as they get moved Im happy......for now.

The West Enclosure turnstiles are sandwiched between the Main Stand and and Club Deck turnstiles, hardly a feasible concept having circa 3k unwashed entering the Stadium between our own fans, also having the Main Stand above them would not wash with those who make the decisions.

My summary for what it's worth....

PS has the Police Scotland data and is analytically disecting it :).

He also has sufficient funds now after 1 day crowd funding and is now analyticly studying the survey.

PS is busy preparing surveys for RSCs and the support at large (outwith poet infested football forums) and match day Rangers supporters.

PS deserves huge credit for starting and pursuing this worthy cause.

Let's respect that above all else when the inevitable bickering begins.

As I posted above though, we will need to be strong when we eventually approach the Board with this. Sadly.... they have a proven track record of inertia.

Just a quick update:

WE have about 5400 completed surveys.

I had a call with PS last week, and the promised the data this week. Its not arrived yet. If I dont get it by cob tomorrow, I will chase.

We have the funds in place to do the leafletting and the analysing the data. Slight delay in that the crowd funding site works in a weird way. It seems to drip feed the money out in random chunks with a 7 day SLA for each. By the end of the day, according to the SLA, I should have enough in my account to fund the access needed to look at the granular detail. Im hoping and expecting this will be positive, but it will at least give an accurate view on what we need to do moving forward.

Once I have paid for the access, I will post a copy of the reciept on here and a copy of the money that I recieved through paypal and the funding site. Just for clarity :)

I have the email ready to go to RSC's. With the help of a couple of folk, we have gone through a view versions of it, and its now done. I've started to reach out personally to the numbers of RSC's to get contact email addresses. I've got about 120 email addresses out of 205 RSC's. The rest of the contact details are a work in progress. A lot of RSC's just put contact numbers up, not email addresses. I need to create a new survey for them to complete, but that wont take that long. I aim to have the first round of emails out this week.

I've got a number of contacts now for printing and design contacts, thanks to all who sent me details. The action here on me is to get finalised quotes.

I mentioned before its been a hectic time at work. I'd have liked to have made a bit more progress, but work has got in the way a bit. Unavoidable unfortunately.

We have a gimp on the previous page/s who is one of the selfish pricks who isn't for this because why should he suffer and struggle to get a ticket for the piggery.

PS is waiting to hear back from somebody (police scotland?) can't remember who exactly and going back through the pages gives me a sore head with all the poet-like arguing.

Can you not read my repeated warnings to keep it civil?

Three days in the sinbin for this and the same goes for similar posts – a continuation will also see the thread deleted.

The West Enclosure turnstiles are sandwiched between the Main Stand and and Club Deck turnstiles, hardly a feasible concept having circa 3k unwashed entering the Stadium between our own fans, also having the Main Stand above them would not wash with those who make the decisions.

I dont want to derail the thread or fall foul of Sherbrook's warning so all I'll say is these problems can be dealt with easily.

Let's just concentrate on moving them from the Broomloan.

Great work again Papasmurf. They might even name the Broomloan after you.

Can you not read my repeated warnings to keep it civil?

Three days in the sinbin for this and the same goes for similar posts – a continuation will also see the thread deleted.

Mate the thread shouldn't be deleted posters who can't remain civil get banned

There are loads of infiltrators willing to take a ban to get the thread taken down

I dont want to derail the thread or fall foul of Sherbrook's warning so all I'll say is these problems can be dealt with easily.

Let's just concentrate on moving them from the Broomloan.

Great work again Papasmurf. They might even name the Broomloan after you.
Agree, lets concentrate on getting them moved....But to where?
I don't agree that it could be easily dealt with moving 3k unwashed into a small area between the Club Deck and Main stand West turnstiles.
I do believe however we have a route to the Corner already established for visiting fans, why treat Celtc any different to Hiv's, Hearts, or the Sheep or indeed anyone else.

There are loads of infiltrators willing to take a ban to get the thread taken down

I'll be dealing with those suspected of deliberately derailing the thread, mate.

It'll only be deleted as a last resort if posters who should know better get involved in the nonsense.

It's in every Rangers fan's interest that the thread remains, irrespective of views on the debate.

EDIT: just read SL's post above - agreed - the thread is far to valuable a resource for PS to get the message out and hear creative and sensible ideas. Part of the strategy is this thread.

Agree, lets concentrate on getting them moved....But to where?
I don't agree that it could be easily dealt with moving 3k unwashed into a small area between the Club Deck and Main stand West turnstiles.
I do believe however we have a route to the Corner already established for visiting fans, why treat Celtc any different to Hiv's, Hearts, or the Sheep or indeed anyone else.

This is key - it is done for the likes of the Sheep/Hivs.

There is not one thing stopping the same process for the mentally challengeds. Not one - and any argument put up against this is just being deliberately obstructive.

Our away section is already set up and a process and procedures are in place to host away fans there.

There is no need to give the mentally challengeds special privileges when they come to our place. They can have the away section like everyone else - just like Man U and the Scousers do for each other.

This is key - it is done for the likes of the Sheep/Hivs.

There is not one thing stopping the same process for the mentally challengeds. Not one - and any argument put up against this is just being deliberately obstructive.

Our away section is already set up and a process and procedures are in place to host away fans there.

There is no need to give the mentally challengeds special privileges when they come to our place. They can have the away section like everyone else - just like Man U and the Scousers do for each other.

We definitely shouldn't give the mentally challengeds special treatment. We should treat all away fans the same. My concern is the GF corner might be the easy solution but it gives too high a profile to ALL away fans. It looks bad on tv when empty and will look worse when full of tims.

Papasmurf did say earlier on that the main issue is to get the tims moved. I agree. When this has been achieved perhaps we can fine tune things later.

We definitely shouldn't give the mentally challengeds special treatment. We should treat all away fans the same. My concern is the GF corner might be the easy solution but it gives too high a profile to ALL away fans. It looks bad on tv when empty and will look worse when full of tims.

Papasmurf did say earlier on that the main issue is to get the tims moved. I agree. When this has been achieved perhaps we can fine tune things later.
Agreed - getting them moved is the priority. If an alternative location is decided upon that we are all happy with then let's do it. I'm only focusing on the Govan corner because there is already an established away section there - but I am open to alternative suggestions. Right now I can't think of another section, outwith the Govan corner, which would be realistic though - but I'm sure further discussion can take place and I'd be happy to engage with that. Somewhere like BF1 and BF2 i think would be unlikely, for example.

So looking forward to my RSC collecting these surveys from our members.

I can tell you right now what the outcome will be. It will be unanimous.
The club are going to HAVE to look at this and take some kind of decisions - and action. Momentum is there, the numbers are there - will not be acceptable for the club just to turn round and say "No".

The time has come - enough is enough.

The club are going to HAVE to look at this and take some kind of decisions - and action. Momentum is there, the numbers are there - will not be acceptable for the club just to turn round and say "No".

The time has come - enough is enough.

Dont know if you've heard this or even if its true but apparently Hivs have cut our allocation. Funny that they can do this without any issues regarding safety certificates or police objections. If this is true then surely there can be no objections to us doing the same.

Dont know if you've heard this or even if its true but apparently Hivs have cut our allocation. Funny that they can do this without any issues regarding safety certificates or police objections. If this is true then surely there can be no objections to us doing the same.
I have heard that mate. And, yes, I literally can see no reason why we can't cut the mentally challengeds allocation and move them. Its our ground, its our fixture - everyone else seems to manage fine.

Agreed.

The absolute priority is ending the disgraceful situation where they have an entire end behind our goals each OF match, whilst we are tucked away in a wee shitey corner.

So, Stage 1, treat the filth exactly the same way as every other set of visiting fans. How on earth could anyone complain about that on the grounds of safety, when it is already the established route to accommodating ALL away fans? Just treat those rodents the same way as we would any other set of visiting supporters.

After that, Stage 2, see where we can stick ALL away fans to get them out of sight of TV cameras in a more permanent solution.

I’ve met a guy on holiday who runs a bus and he had no idea this was going on. When the supporters clubs get the info, this should go through the roof.

In reply to the poster above who said that we will lose our allocation for the Piggery, they can’t do that, it’s against the rules.

At most other clubs, if they had had the shenanigans and the shit that the mentally challengeds have brought, the residing board would probably have taken their own steps to address such situations - such as reducing allocation, moving away support.

It's a shame our board have not already taken this by the balls and indicated that they will be making changes from the status quo, from next season. We shouldn't have to have surveys and petitions etc. It should be obvious to everyone what needs to happen. But we are where we are and as fans we will need to push and fight for this change. Bring it on. We can do this. We have to.

Last edited:
Another update.....enough money has now reach my account from PayPal and the GoFundMe Site.

As an overview of the figures. £772 was raised. Which is great. I have withdrawn from both Paypal and GFM to my account. GFM, as I detailed charge for the service. The fees totalled £65.35, so leaving £596.65 to be transferred to me. That was added to the £110 that was transferred from PayPal at no cost. Essentially giving £706.65.

I have just paid £408 to GFM to have full access to the survey stats. Which will leave us, when the final deposit from GFM is received, £298.65.

I have attached to this post some pictures. You will see some grey boxes. This is just peoples name, numbers from my bank account and which bank I am with.

The fees from GFM

v5dds6.png

The GFM Withdrawal

14jroup.png

The Paypal Receipt and Withdrawal

w0282g.png

The Receipt for the survey monkey purchase.

v3myja.png

I'm happy to provide any further clarity or information as required.

Ok.....first quick look at the details. Its going to take an absolute age to sift through it in any detail.

There was a couple of days where there was a massive surge of 1500 respondents (6/7 October). I havent had a chance to go through the detail, but I am 99.999% certain that almost all of those will be celtic fans. The reason I believe this is that for the days before and after it, the responses had tailed off and were typically less than 50/day.

Also, it looks like it was possible to skip questions, so not all surveys were completed. Id guess those werent bears either.

Upshot is, we have a hell of a lot of work to do to keep the momentum.

Key to making this happen will be supporters clubs completing in numbers. I think I am also going to ask each RSC "leader" to come back with an email stating if the majority of their club agree with this project or other wise. As well as completing their survey.

ALso key to this is going to be match day fan engagement..

I sent them an email asking the question but have had no reply.

I have been out the country and just arrived back earlier today. I will chase it up.

I think 100% they should canvass their members. I would however like to get the message out, the reasoning out and start building a bit of momentum behind it before this happens. That said, thats just my personal opinion, and I have no say in this. Wether they do it now or later, it would be welcomed.

Hold them for 30 minutes after the match.

Make it a condition of sale for the tickets, if they don't like it they don't need to buy them.

Just a quick update:

WE have about 5400 completed surveys.

I had a call with PS last week, and the promised the data this week. Its not arrived yet. If I dont get it by cob tomorrow, I will chase.

We have the funds in place to do the leafletting and the analysing the data. Slight delay in that the crowd funding site works in a weird way. It seems to drip feed the money out in random chunks with a 7 day SLA for each. By the end of the day, according to the SLA, I should have enough in my account to fund the access needed to look at the granular detail. Im hoping and expecting this will be positive, but it will at least give an accurate view on what we need to do moving forward.

Once I have paid for the access, I will post a copy of the reciept on here and a copy of the money that I recieved through paypal and the funding site. Just for clarity :)

I have the email ready to go to RSC's. With the help of a couple of folk, we have gone through a view versions of it, and its now done. I've started to reach out personally to the numbers of RSC's to get contact email addresses. I've got about 120 email addresses out of 205 RSC's. The rest of the contact details are a work in progress. A lot of RSC's just put contact numbers up, not email addresses. I need to create a new survey for them to complete, but that wont take that long. I aim to have the first round of emails out this week.

I've got a number of contacts now for printing and design contacts, thanks to all who sent me details. The action here on me is to get finalised quotes.

I mentioned before its been a hectic time at work. I'd have liked to have made a bit more progress, but work has got in the way a bit. Unavoidable unfortunately.

credit to you mate your doing a great job

Back