An amazing comeback, but the poor first 45 minute problem remains

monkey magic

Let's face it, with more clinical finishing Braga could have ended the tie in that first half. In saying that, we had more than decent chances ourselves, but our overall first half performances really need to improve. Dominate and dictate from the first minute, test the opposing keeper with a few long range shots, etc. Braga are a more than decent side, but an early Rangers goal could have made that game very different last night.

Let's face it, with more clinical finishing Braga could have ended the tie in that first half. In saying that, we had more than decent chances ourselves, but our overall first half performances really need to improve. Dominate and dictate from the first minute, test the opposing keeper with a few long range shots, etc. Braga are a more than decent side, but an early Rangers goal could have made that game very different last night.
Two things.
We had our chances and, can we not just enjoy a positive result for even twenty four hours?

once we stopped playing out from the back we were far better.They are young fit team who play the high press and once we started playing it out long it totally negated there front three and the midfield started winning more second balls.Hopefully the lesson here is we mix it up a bit more going by the circumstances the games is being played out.

OP does make a valid point.

Much like pointing out poor officials, acknowledging our own deficiencies is probably better done following a victory, as it won't be as much of a blame game.

Have to say though, I'm still buzzing from lat night's result.

OP does make a valid point.

Much like pointing out poor officials, acknowledging our own deficiencies is probably better done following a victory, as it won't be as much of a blame game.

Have to say though, I'm still buzzing from lat night's result.

An early Rangers goal and a bouncin' Ibrox and Braga just might not have been so cocky in that first 45 minutes, mate.

Mate %^*& off and enjoy the night ffs

It’s not always the first half but our performances do tend to be very uneven over the 90 minutes. We can go from world beaters to looking like the players gave just met very quickly and visa versa.

Two things.
We had our chances and, can we not just enjoy a positive result for even twenty four hours?
I agree with OP. I take your point about enjoying it, but this problem needs to be addressed. We were nigh on dead and buried before we started to get the finger out.

It is incredible how many people forgot how bad we were for the first 65 minutes last night and then are bedazzled by the end. We can enjoy it whilst still pointing out our shortcomings.

I think it went to show that you can get results from a losing position if you’re willing to be bold with your changes.

No doubting it’s been one of Gerrard’s shortfalls so far, but it worked wonders last night.

Back