An apology to Alfredo

For a start, he's not black. It's a bit embarrassing crying xenophobia and racism yet the majority of fans can't get his race correct.

We as Scottish football fans, pundits, etc. Rangers fans included.

That said I think you have misunderstood, the treatment of our player from the media is a disgrace. Other fans I don't care about they only hate him because of the joy he brings us. I'm just pointing out everytime there is an incident as above its made out by EVERYONE to be a Scottish problem yet in England they are now stopping games to play recorded messages reminding fans not to be racist!

What annoys me with Alfie its almost like we are putting ideas in his head about how bad things are here for him when he seems to be loving it.
What the %^*& is he then?

Honestly we need to stop saying abuse of players, throwing missiles on pitch, racist abuse of players is a SCOTTISH football problem.

Epl have a huge racism problem, regularly missiles thrown at players it's no different, probably worse certainly with racism.

But while they try to sweep it under the rug we seem intent on highlighting it.
Quite right mate. lets ignore all the missiles being thrown at Rangers players until one of them is seriously hurt THEN we will bring it up.

Everyone losing the rag about this black/not black thing should take a breath.

There are three main genealogies in Colombia. These are European, African and Amerindian.

I have no idea what Alfredo’s genealogy is but it might not be as clear cut as everybody seems to think.

There are three main genealogies in Colombia. These are European, African and Amerindian.

I have no idea what Alfredo’s genealogy is but it might not be as clear cut as everybody seems to think.

At an absolute guess I would say mixed Mestizo/African
Guys likes Falcao are Mestizo and obviously Alfie is a lot darker.

While it’s hard to disagree with the sentiment, the whole open letter thing is a bit cringy, especially to a guy who struggles with English and I’m pretty sure doesn’t have a FF login.

I expect our best guys to get abuse from opposition fans, that’s always going to happen but certain sections of the media have been an absolute disgrace. Probably the same ones telling everyone how shocking the treatment of poor Lenny was all those years ago

As with every single issue of race on here surely it is for a bunch of, no doubt, white guys on laptops to decide.

Dear Alfie
Once upon a time Scotland was actually alright. Thanks to the Reformation we had a school in every parish. This led to a small place taking a big part in the Enlightenment. Then? The Liberal Arts degree: the man o pairts. Empire sealed the deal...we travelled, we discovered, we settled. We had influence from Canada to Vanuatu.

But now it's a small, dark place blighted by many issues. From collapse of heavy industry to collapse of the education system, end of Empire to huge reliance on the state. And worst of all we have 19th Century Terrorists and Nationalists. This unholy alliance is making me feel a stranger here, God knows what it must be like for you. Young, black, gifted, and yet at the eye of the hurricane. Your crime? You play for us. We are despised by the people who talk, talk, talk. The ludicrous chattering classes : unfunny comedians, shit writers, tuneless musicians, failures, small minded bigots, opinion formers as they're known. They feel that their destiny of leading us all to ruination in Brigadoon is being thwarted only by us. Our club and its evil tentacles...ruining everything.

I can't excuse the racism, hostility, and actual abuse but I hope you know that it's not always like this, and wasn't always like this. I know you will be a star. I also hope you always remember us. But shamefully I can't see you rushing back here too often...its not been a welcome. And for that I'm sorry. It shames us all...
Cheers
This might help....

Querido Alfie Érase una vez que Escocia estaba realmente bien. Gracias a la Reforma tuvimos una escuela en cada parroquia. Esto llevó a un pequeño lugar a tomar una gran parte en la Ilustración. ¿Luego? El título de Artes Liberales: el hombre o las faldas. Empire cerró el trato ... viajamos, descubrimos, nos instalamos. Tuvimos influencia de Canadá a Vanuatu. Pero ahora es un lugar pequeño y oscuro plagado de muchos problemas. Desde el colapso de la industria pesada hasta el colapso del sistema educativo, el fin del Imperio y la gran dependencia del estado. Y lo peor de todo es que tenemos 19th Century Terroristos y nacionalistas. Esta alianza impía me está haciendo sentir un extraño aquí, Dios sabe cómo debe ser para ti. Joven, negro, talentoso y, sin embargo, a la vista del huracán. Tu crimen? Tú juegas para nosotros. Somos despreciados por las personas que hablan, hablan, hablan. Las ridículas clases de charla: comediantes poco graciosos, escritores de mierda, músicos sin melodías, fracasos, fanáticos de mente pequeña, formadores de opinión como se les conoce. Sienten que su destino de llevarnos a todos a la ruina en Brigadoon está siendo frustrado solo por nosotros. Nuestro club y sus tentáculos malvados ... arruinando todo. No puedo disculpar el racismo, la hostilidad y el abuso real, pero espero que sepas que no siempre es así, y no siempre fue así. Sé que serás una estrella. También espero que siempre nos recuerdes. Pero vergonzosamente, no puedo verte corriendo aquí demasiado a menudo ... no ha sido bienvenido. Y por eso lo siento. Nos avergüenza a todos ... Salud

:p

giphy.gif

Encouraging vandalism, fire raising & suicide. Yer worse than Ryan Kent.

Honestly we need to stop saying abuse of players, throwing missiles on pitch, racist abuse of players is a SCOTTISH football problem.

Epl have a huge racism problem, regularly missiles thrown at players it's no different, probably worse certainly with racism.

But while they try to sweep it under the rug we seem intent on highlighting it.
The SNP is strong in this yin

Did Scotland not play a big part in the slave trade back in the day? Hard to get more racist than that!
Yes, all the big houses littered over the west of Scotland with large estates were all owned by mainly plantation owners for tobacco, but their workers were slaves in the likes of Virginia and the Caribbean. Another deliberately ignored fact is the Empire grew faster after the act of union that what it had done prior, due to the Scots. But that narrative does not fit the ignorant nationalist agenda! Dumb down education and blame the English! They’re playing the long game with our children’s futures!

Dear Alfie
Once upon a time Scotland was actually alright. Thanks to the Reformation we had a school in every parish. This led to a small place taking a big part in the Enlightenment. Then? The Liberal Arts degree: the man o pairts. Empire sealed the deal...we travelled, we discovered, we settled. We had influence from Canada to Vanuatu.

But now it's a small, dark place blighted by many issues. From collapse of heavy industry to collapse of the education system, end of Empire to huge reliance on the state. And worst of all we have 19th Century Terrorists and Nationalists. This unholy alliance is making me feel a stranger here, God knows what it must be like for you. Young, black, gifted, and yet at the eye of the hurricane. Your crime? You play for us. We are despised by the people who talk, talk, talk. The ludicrous chattering classes : unfunny comedians, shit writers, tuneless musicians, failures, small minded bigots, opinion formers as they're known. They feel that their destiny of leading us all to ruination in Brigadoon is being thwarted only by us. Our club and its evil tentacles...ruining everything.

I can't excuse the racism, hostility, and actual abuse but I hope you know that it's not always like this, and wasn't always like this. I know you will be a star. I also hope you always remember us. But shamefully I can't see you rushing back here too often...its not been a welcome. And for that I'm sorry. It shames us all...
Cheers
My baws just crawled back up inside me reading that. Holy %^*&.

Dear Alfie

Cheers
ruh-roh-dog.jpg

I get the sentiment of the OP.

A once great country is now a shit country and we are all JTBs unless you happen to be a Rangers man.

I get the feeling Alfie is happy to just be with the Rangers family rather than any wider Scottish one though (they are an irrelevence to him).

This might help....

Querido Alfie Érase una vez que Escocia estaba realmente bien. Gracias a la Reforma tuvimos una escuela en cada parroquia. Esto llevó a un pequeño lugar a tomar una gran parte en la Ilustración. ¿Luego? El título de Artes Liberales: el hombre o las faldas. Empire cerró el trato ... viajamos, descubrimos, nos instalamos. Tuvimos influencia de Canadá a Vanuatu. Pero ahora es un lugar pequeño y oscuro plagado de muchos problemas. Desde el colapso de la industria pesada hasta el colapso del sistema educativo, el fin del Imperio y la gran dependencia del estado. Y lo peor de todo es que tenemos 19th Century Terroristos y nacionalistas. Esta alianza impía me está haciendo sentir un extraño aquí, Dios sabe cómo debe ser para ti. Joven, negro, talentoso y, sin embargo, a la vista del huracán. Tu crimen? Tú juegas para nosotros. Somos despreciados por las personas que hablan, hablan, hablan. Las ridículas clases de charla: comediantes poco graciosos, escritores de mierda, músicos sin melodías, fracasos, fanáticos de mente pequeña, formadores de opinión como se les conoce. Sienten que su destino de llevarnos a todos a la ruina en Brigadoon está siendo frustrado solo por nosotros. Nuestro club y sus tentáculos malvados ... arruinando todo. No puedo disculpar el racismo, la hostilidad y el abuso real, pero espero que sepas que no siempre es así, y no siempre fue así. Sé que serás una estrella. También espero que siempre nos recuerdes. Pero vergonzosamente, no puedo verte corriendo aquí demasiado a menudo ... no ha sido bienvenido. Y por eso lo siento. Nos avergüenza a todos ... Salud

:p
Muy bien que hombre,now can wee get it on Alfie's Twitter page!

Jesus H Frankenchrist, what exactly is tough about it?

1. Scotland was once punching above its weight, and was actually educated and embracing of change, science and modernity
2. Now it's not sadly
3. Alfie is abused, criticised and targeted out of all context to his 'crimes' of which there are none
4. He will leave this summer for £££££££
5. I was speculating as to what he might look back on OTHER than us, and the club he played for....what will he think of the wider welcome?

That was it....sorry for this place being a racist shit hole to you wee man, but we love you. Like most posts GMS prefers it is not a 'closed question', and was hopefully going to start some debate...love you Suck! :)

There was ZERO complicated about it, but sorry to those who didn't have ability to follow it.

Where else in the planet would Alfredo witness the insults to his mother like pittodrie......which as far as I know ,nobody has been has been cautioned by the police or dolly f.c.... Then get vilified in the press after walking off the park at the piggery with racist abuse ringing in his ears from the tim all corners of the dump.Tim and SNP have ruined our once proud country

Dear Alfie

Cheers
Whether or not Alfie reads this, your middle paragraph encapsulates everything (or everyone) that’s wrong with our country. Unfortunately there are far too many people in Scotland who are unable (or unwilling) to think for themselves while soaking up all the rubbish spouted by nationalist politicians and (as you call them) the chattering classes. The big problem is that the more they churn it out , the more people believe it.

For a start, he's not black. It's a bit embarrassing crying xenophobia and racism yet the majority of fans can't get his race correct.

We as Scottish football fans, pundits, etc. Rangers fans included.

That said I think you have misunderstood, the treatment of our player from the media is a disgrace. Other fans I don't care about they only hate him because of the joy he brings us. I'm just pointing out everytime there is an incident as above its made out by EVERYONE to be a Scottish problem yet in England they are now stopping games to play recorded messages reminding fans not to be racist!

What annoys me with Alfie its almost like we are putting ideas in his head about how bad things are here for him when he seems to be loving it.
gn300p.png

Back