An attempt at positivity

Otto Bear

Official Ticketer
Last night in isolation was a shambles, particularly the first half. Tactics were wrong, we were too submissive. Coupled with the fact of the 7 point swing in 2 weeks. That’s the last I’ll say of it.

However, the league season starts today! It’s a new day. There is a 14 game campaign ahead. If we take more points than them then we win the league. We need a fit centre back alongside Goldson, ideally Helander. Barisic needs dropped for Bassey. We need Ryan Jack dictating from the middle of the park. Aribo can’t play in a midfield 3 in the bigger games as he doesn’t track back and we end up weak in the middle of the park (see Celtic in January 2021).

There is no room for error but make no mistake about it, only we can defeat ourselves here. The title is in our own hands, but there is no room for error.

If Ramsey is fit and looking sharp in training, play him alongside Jack and Kamara in a midfield 3. Otherwise, get Steven Davis in there. Get Aribo in the forward right position in the bigger games, as we saw Gerrard do time and time again.

McGregor
Tav Goldson Helander Bassey
Jack Ramsey Kamara
Aribo Morelos Kent/Diallo

Gio needs to go for the throats of teams with his tactics. Get in their faces from the first whistle. High tempo, high press with Jack and Kamara anchoring. If we tire, make 5 subs.

That team wins the league. The surrender monkeys on here should log off for a few days. As a fan base, we don’t need your negativity right now.

No surrender!

Do you have confidence in Gio to change his tactics to be more attacking?
We did it second half against Ross County. If not for individual errors we would have taken 3 points. He will know given the recent dropped points that the status quo must change.

Irrespective though, we need to show confidence. If the fans aren’t confident then that will be apparent on the pitch and can impact on results. As a fan base we need to stand tall here.

However, the league season starts today! It’s a new day. There is a 14 game campaign ahead. If we take more points than them then we win the league. We need a fit centre back alongside Goldson, ideally Helander. Barisic needs dropped for Bassey. We need Ryan Jack dictating from the middle of the park. Aribo can’t play in a midfield 3 in the bigger games as he doesn’t track back and we end up weak in the middle of the park (see Celtic in January 2021).

There is no room for error but make no mistake about it, only we can defeat ourselves here. The title is in our own hands, but there is no room for error.

I think that's the best way to look it.

Even if they win all their games up until they come to Ibrox, as long as we do likewise (and then beat them) it's completely in our hands.

If we want to be really optimistic, if they drop a few more before or after the Ibrox game, the final OF might not be too significant.

We have dropped 7 points in 2 weeks we have every right to be concerned, its moronic to just ignore it and think everything will be alright.

If we don't get a reaction we won't win the league, if we do and things change then of course we still have a good chance.
Of course we have right to be concerned at form. But picking the bones of it and whipping up a frenzy isn’t doing anything (not saying you are personally, but the forum is full of negative folk who have the league finished).

Get behind the team and the manager and let’s put a run together. We won’t get a reaction without properly getting behind them. We have key players coming back.

Of course we have right to be concerned at form. But picking the bones of it and whipping up a frenzy isn’t doing anything (not saying you are personally, but the forum is full of negative folk who have the league finished).

Get behind the team and the manager and let’s put a run together. We won’t get a reaction without properly getting behind them. We have key players coming back.
Its only normal when you have been thumped 3 -0 by your biggest rivals, the best thing is for Sunday to come quickly and maybe win with a bit of style for once.

Cold hard truth is Gio played the same way for 4 years at Feyenoord, had a poor spell in China (where he likely played the same) & is now playing the style here.

The hope that he suddenly completely changes his philosophy is just that, hope.

We need Sunday to come along quickly.

We need a change in attitude. Allowing Celtic, a team who hadn’t beaten us in two years, to just run all over us is unacceptable.

I can accept losing to a better team but only as long as we match their effort and work rate.

It was clear from 1 minute in that Celtic were at it and the Rangers players weren’t going to match them. That boils my blood.

Another thing in our favour is that they are still in this Europa Conference League and will likely go far. I suspect we have 2 games left to play in Europe this season.

We need at least a win and a draw v them in the next 2 OF matches imo. After seeing that last night and the boost it’ll have given them, I don’t really have the confidence we’ll do that. We handed them much more than 3 points last night.

I agree with everything you say OP but there's one problem, it matters not whether the fans are surrender monkeys, it's the majority of the players who appear to have given up the fight. That's the real problem here.

It's also great to have Amad in your team.

He possesses great positivity and belief that will transmit into the bones of your team. I hope he can grow sharpness through the adults in your team. And if he gains sharpness and aggression through the powers inside your players in Scottish football, he will become a great player.

This is a positive because you are getting to play your part in the life and development of a potentially great individual. And for Amad this is fantastic to learn from a historical club with great mentality. It is a chance not many players will dream of. Most loanees go to poor clubs but not Amad, and he must take advantage of this blessing.

Amad is also a great cook and personality. He will share his person with each member of your team and they will love him. When they learn to trust him, he will blossom and become powerful like a robot bigger than anyone can imagine. This is what you must wait for.

In Poland, Ukraine, and Russia, Amad is a highly respected due to his relentless intelligence and lust. Many will come for him. We had over 3,000 Amad fans watching your game against Celtic in the OLD FIRM match. At least the first half. Amad's quality was devastatingly visual. His knees are different to normal and he can always come where he wants. But the team must trust him with the ball, he needs to grow more aggressive to improve to be at the intensity you need for Rangers. But for this, he must have more moments on the ball to learn with. He can fight, but he will only become the lion inside when his field is erupting with the lava of men alongside him.

This is also something to be positive about. New loves and intensive moments and growth together. He will grow an affinity to a great club and help deliver aggressive physical moments with glory and emotion. It comes with trust, and you will slay all the demons in your life.

Your club is big, Amad is big. You can become unrelenting as you devastate the opposition. You can do it.

You lost one game, but it is only one game. Nothing to stress about. Lots of positive moments will come.

We did it second half against Ross County. If not for individual errors we would have taken 3 points. He will know given the recent dropped points that the status quo must change.

Irrespective though, we need to show confidence. If the fans aren’t confident then that will be apparent on the pitch and can impact on results. As a fan base we need to stand tall here.
Can a manager change his instinctive thoughts? And do a 180° I'm not so sure that's possible. Like Jack Charlton changing to play silky one touch football. Or Sam Allardyce abandoning high balls. Some manager's believe in the way they do things. And it's difficult to change. I sincerely hope Gio can change, because his philosophy, won't do, as it stands, and with these players.

A lot will depend of Ramsay.
Not for enough to ay any part.in last night. So when do we think we will have him as a midfield mainstay?

Trying to be positive

Jack, Helander, Morelos, Ramsey and Davis all need to come in when fit imo

We need some leaders. That core will make a huge difference

The warning signs have been there since we could barely muster two passes together against hibs away. He then lucked out against hearts who could have scored 4 on the day then we went to Aberdeen and got battered.

Right he sets us up to be the oppositions bitches. Passive and timid all over the park

Last night in isolation was a shambles, particularly the first half. Tactics were wrong, we were too submissive. Coupled with the fact of the 7 point swing in 2 weeks. That’s the last I’ll say of it.

If Ramsey is fit and looking sharp in training, play him alongside Jack and Kamara in a midfield 3. Otherwise, get Steven Davis in there. Get Aribo in the forward right position in the bigger games, as we saw Gerrard do time and time again.

McGregor
Jack Ramsey Kamara

Gio needs to go for the throats of teams with his tactics. Get in their faces from the first whistle. High tempo, high press with Jack and Kamara anchoring. If we tire, make 5 subs.

That team wins the league. The surrender monkeys on here should log off for a few days. As a fan base, we don’t need your negativity right now.

No surrender!
Brilliant mate no surrender indeed

McGregor
Jack Ramsey Kamara

No surrender!

Agree with the team accept the goalie..

Struggling to be positive after the meekest surrender I think I have ever seen am afraid.

However, I can find a sliver in Ramsey & the missing players coming back.

We also desperately need several key players to find their best form, and for GVB to change direction.

Today it seems like a lot to hope for...

Kamara can drop out for Davis.

Players that want responsibility please.

I think Kamara has been badly shown up without Davis and Jack

We have dropped 7 points in 2 weeks we have every right to be concerned, its moronic to just ignore it and think everything will be alright.

If we don't get a reaction we won't win the league, if we do and things change then of course we still have a good chance.

I think thats a pretty balanced view to be honest.

Gio will be feeling it today, i back him to get it right for no other reason than he needs to.

He also needs time, he has taken on a squad that looked terrible at times in H1 of the season, it’s up to him to sort it

Agreed its not as if we were shit at the beginning of the season but then grew in strength.
We have regressed substantially in the last few weeks. Winter break syndrome again.

We need to address it now and not be listening to Tav and whoever else telling us they need to do better after any defeats we have.

Agree with the OP. We looked a far better team in the second half. Balogun at CB and Bassey at LB gave us far more competence at the back. With Alfie back and Ramsey to come in, im confident we will improve drastically in the coming weeks.

I understand why people are concerned, i wont try to diminish those concerns, but i dont share them.

We need Sunday to come along quickly.

We need a change in attitude. Allowing Celtic, a team who hadn’t beaten us in two years, to just run all over us is unacceptable.

I can accept losing to a better team but only as long as we match their effort and work rate.

It was clear from 1 minute in that Celtic were at it and the Rangers players weren’t going to match them. That boils my blood.

Sunday is going to be a game changer. We need this win. We need to keep up with them. If they stretch their lead, it's a going to be a nightmare to claw it back.

Hopefully the players mindset will be up for it.

Struggling to be positive after the meekest surrender I think I have ever seen am afraid.

However, I can find a sliver in Ramsey & the missing players coming back.

We also desperately need several key players to find their best form, and for GVB to change direction.

T
No way mate what about 5-1 at home 5-0 away(murty) I could go on first half was a shambles no doubt bit the worst ever ?

Back