An interview with James Tavernier

Absolutely love him. His journey with Rangers is Roy of the Rovers stuff and if he lifts the Europa League he will be standing side by side with giants of the club. A true Ranger in every sense.

If ever there was a player that embodied the famous quote from Mr Struth it's our captain. He went to the depths and emerged a hero.

Great video and he’s already a legend in my eyes.

As expected however, beasts replying to it already.

I never thought I'd be considering we could have another Rangers captain stand alongside Ledge as another european trophy winning captain.

I still can't really believe it.

The great unwashed leaving predictable comments so soon after winning the league.

Why why why??? you ask.

Because it’s ALL ABOUT THE RANGERS!!

Bring it home Tav.

Tav..what can you say, he's the ultimate professional, I couldn't imagine him playing for anyone else now. Would love to see him get an England call up as recognition of what hes done.

For years I had doubts about Tav being the captain of our club, however I’m glad to admit I was wrong, and he has completely won me over.

A result on Wednesday and he becomes a Rangers legend. Please do it Tav.
You deserve it.

No matter what happens on Wednesday, we all should be proud of this team’s achievement of getting to a European final.
Just give it 100% effort lads. That’s all you can do and hopefully it’s enough to get that trophy on the plane back to Ibrox.

I've typed out several comments, or attempted comments I should say, in response to this. I still cant quite find the words to contextualise my appreciation for James Tavernier.

If he goes from Championship winner to Europa League winner in the space of 6 years, then he's done more than anyone to earn his place in Rangers history as a truly great Rangers player. He's not there by accident, he's worked his arse off to get here, he's had so many downs, more downs than highs if you look solely at Silverware won. However, he keeps turning up and putting in a performance. He was a crucial part of us reclaiming our title to win 55. He's now on the cusp of greatness and I can't think of many more Rangers men more befitting of that greatness.

He said all the right things in that interview.

The journey the clubs been on.
They don't underestimate frankfurt.
Do it for those we've lost.
He wants to lift that trophy.

He fills me with confidence and he absolutely deserves it on Wednesday.

Back