An observation on Glen Kamara.

Hes actually not.

ive got a photo with him from season before last and hes just smaller than me and im 5ft 10.

actually very very slight also, obviously just one of they wirey wee guys.

In my opinion, like so many other players at the club, he's developed physically too while at Rangers.

For instance, in my view, his leg development has been impressive, and, similarly to Morelos, is the foundation of his physical strength.

That, allied to flawless technique makes him a top quality player.

Personally, I'm pleased that he seems to be "flying under the radar" of many top clubs.

I hope he remains a Rangers player for the forseeable future, especially given our aim to demonstrate our quality in Europe this season.

Last edited:
9423-D8-C2-A039-4-D89-8-E0-F-46-C200-F41742.jpg
A Kam Slam should be a new entry in the dictionary!

Kam Slam - when you try to put someone else down but instead make a cnut of yourself. Example: Lee Wilkie just Kam Slammed himself.

If Glen Kamara stays with us for this season, I think he will leave the club as a truly top quality rounded midfielder.

There was really nice development over the second half of last season with respect to his attacking prowess.

More assists, goals, threatening runs. I expect that to improve further under Gerrard & Beale if he stays.

His value will rise accordingly.

He only played 45 minutes yesterday coming on at half time.

Its the first Ive seen him play in the flesh in well over a year.

The improvement in his game since he signed for us has been nothing short of staggering and our coaching staff as well as wee Glen really do need huge praise for turning a talented wee guy into a top international player who can play at the highest level.

We all hope he signs and extensions and stays for at least another season at Ibrox BUT I genuinely believe he wouldnt look out of place playing with a top level elite european team, hes that good.

He cruised through the game yesterday, the way he receives the ball, the way he uses his body with and without the ball, his closing down of players and space, I could go on.

Cracking wee player who with his best years in front of him is going to go on and have a great career, I just hope we can convince him to sign a year or 2s extension and stay for 56 plus hopefully help us into the champions league before he moves on.
I work in England and get asked who would be good down here.

Lads were astounded when I told them kamara could play for all the elite teams in prem and Europe I think he is that good.

You can tell regardless of the level he will always be outstanding in possession and has physical attributes for the top.

I think they expected Kent, but because he's a centre midfielder i think that his ceiling may be higher, although I think Kent is our best player.

Playing in forward areas more is expected from they types of players. Kamara could seamlessly fit in to any team in world imo

I work in England and get asked who would be good down here.

Lads were astounded when I told them kamara could play for all the elite teams in prem and Europe I think he is that good.

You can tell regardless of the level he will always be outstanding in possession and has physical attributes for the top.

I think they expected Kent, but because he's a centre midfielder i think that his ceiling may be higher, although I think Kent is our best player.

Playing in forward areas more is expected from they types of players. Kamara could seamlessly fit in to any team in world imo

I think because of his age, talent & physique, Nathan Patterson will smash the Scottish to English record in a couple of years.

Tierney seems to be deemed a success & Nathan will be better.

I expect at least 30m for him.

Totally agree with your Glen points BTW.

Unfortunately I reckon he’ll be gone in the next few weeks. He’s seemingly been watched by scores of EPL scouts. A decent bid must just around the corner. Just hope we don’t cash in too low. I’d be after £15m plus extras minimum.

I think because of his age, talent & physique, Nathan Patterson will smash the Scottish to English record in a couple of years.

Tierney seems to be deemed a success & Nathan will be better.

I expect at least 30m for him.

Totally agree with your Glen points BTW.
Shades of Alan Hutton in his pomp rampaging against the Italian and French National teams from Nathan this weekend, although Patterson is currently much younger than he was then. Ghosted past a couple of Real players.

Shades of Alan Hutton in his pomp rampaging against the Italian and French National teams from Nathan this weekend, although Patterson is currently much younger than he was then. Ghosted past a couple of Real players.

Hutton went for 9m or so Tailwind ?

I loved him, but Patterson has more pace & another dimension to his game I’d suggest ?

Hutton went for 9m or so Tailwind ?

I loved him, but Patterson has more pace & another dimension to his game I’d suggest ?
Given what Patterson does now you’d absolutely fancy he could go on to more. The move with Tav where they go from boxed in near our box to rampaging into there half, think Patterson linked up with Kamara after getting the ball back off of Tav was an example of where he put me in mind of Hutton’s explosive attacking runs.

And, aye, think it was quoted ~9mil for AH.

I was convinced that there would be a queue of clubs interested in Glen after the Euros, hard to understand that's not the case. Still plenty of time before the end of the window of course so we'll see how that pans out.
If he's still with us he'll light up the CL and his stock will grow bigger. Win win for us.

He only played 45 minutes yesterday coming on at half time.

Its the first Ive seen him play in the flesh in well over a year.

The improvement in his game since he signed for us has been nothing short of staggering and our coaching staff as well as wee Glen really do need huge praise for turning a talented wee guy into a top international player who can play at the highest level.

We all hope he signs and extensions and stays for at least another season at Ibrox BUT I genuinely believe he wouldnt look out of place playing with a top level elite european team, hes that good.

He cruised through the game yesterday, the way he receives the ball, the way he uses his body with and without the ball, his closing down of players and space, I could go on.

Cracking wee player who with his best years in front of him is going to go on and have a great career, I just hope we can convince him to sign a year or 2s extension and stay for 56 plus hopefully help us into the champions league before he moves on.
Agreed, but a blind man could see he was a player at Dundee, having said that his progression has been phenomenal.

One of his biggest assets is his ability to change his height throughout a game.

He can go down to 5' 9" if he wants twist and turn, and suddenly he can grow to over 6' if he wants to block an opponent.

The only thing I can say I wish Kamara would improve on is having more shots on goal. He gets a lot of opportunities to shoot but very rarely does. Hes shown he is a capable and also shown hes a very good finisher. If he adds goals to his game he can do everything.

Was a bit miffed when he signed but he was motm in about 4 of his first 5 games for me. Realised quickly that he was much better than I anticipated

Thankfully Ancelotti and Co. don’t know anything about Scottish football.
Other wise after yesterday’s game they would be sniffing around both Kamara, and Kent.
Both players for me, at various times, embarrassed the Galacticos.

Back