"An off-day / Celtic were poor / won't play that badly again"

TN8

First time since Sunday I've felt a wee bit positive, because I keep hearing the above from yahoos in my work (talking among themselves).

The funny thing is, that's 3 times I've heard it now. Actually, 3 and a half if you count the last game at Parkhead when we outplayed them with 10 men before gifting them the win.

That's 3.5 games out of the 6 Gerrard has faced them, we've heard this same excuse because we've absolutely dominated them. Before he arrived we couldn't get anywhere near them.

I know it means little unless we get the result, but to me it says he's built a team that can more than compete with them. We're really close and the fact they're still so dismissive of us can only be a good thing.

The next goal now has to be to win our next 3 games then go and get a positive result at Parkhead. I think that would send our players' confidence sky high and set us up nicely for the run in.

December couldn't have got off to a worse start but it's still a massive month with plenty to play for.

They're failing to acknowledge that they played poor because we didn't give them a sniff.

Seriously...Brown, McGregor, Forrest, Elyounoussi and Christie didn't trouble us at all (Christie was better second half in fairness).

Apparently they really struggled against Hamilton during the week as well.

They're failing to acknowledge that they played poor because we didn't give them a sniff.

Seriously...Brown, McGregor, Forrest, Elyounoussi and Christie didn't trouble us at all (Christie was better second half in fairness).

I honestly didn't realise Forrest was on until he was on the screen mid-way through the second half.

Just tell them Lennon has turned them into long ball merchants who play for set pieces. A £60m a year steve clarke team. Seems to annoy them.

They play far more direct and less easy on the eye than under Rodgers, unfortunately this style is still working for them against the rest of the league and mostly in previous games against Rangers.

Sunday suggested to me the tide is turning in your favour but ironically enough they had the luck of the Irish on their side.

The 29th is the real litmus test. I hope you go there and turn them over emphatically.

The negative to all that being they keep racking up the wins and will possibly now be spooked into spending in January.
Last 4 games against them we have been the better team and nothing to show from the 3 that really mattered.

that luck can’t and won’t continue

we are going places

we need to te group win all the games till we go to the piggery then play them off the park again at their own stadium

win that game Morelos to score a couple and shut the fuckers up

let’s go rangers

Usually after these games they go on about how pish all of our players are, i havent seen any of them saying that this time because they know we are coming for real this time.

We have a much better midfield then them.

Most normal fans will acknowledge the serious threat now but the deluded idiots will still be predicting a 4 or 5-0 pumping thats just never going to happen.

I actually agree with the yahoos to an extent. We played well which pleased me obviously however I was surprised by just how awful they were and I would be surprised even more if they do play that badly again. I thought the way lemon set them up played right into our hands. His game plan was flawed from the start to the extent I'm still struggling to see how (even with the help of the officials) they managed to win that game.

I’m very confident about tomorrow but much less so about Motherwell and Hibs away.

However, if we do win our next 3 games and follow it up with a win at home to Killie, we will win at the piggery. I might be clutching at straws but firmly believe if we can avoid dropping points over thebuild up to the OF, the damage caused by Sunday will be minimal and I’d be back to really fancying us again. Especially with the fixtures working in reverse in the new year

Reactions: TN8
According to Alan Hutton, Edouarde would have turned the match around if they had not gone to 10 men.

Maybe he's after a contract from the east.

I was actually shocked at how bad they where on Sunday honestly it was like men against boys. However they do have an excellent striker who can cause us problems

Everyone was shocked by how easy it was for us, yes they will be better next time but you dont dominate a team like that from start to finish no matter how poor they are, its a clear sign for me that we have a better team and especially our midfield 3 but they still have the mentality edge over us which is a big thing.

They can make excuses all they want, we never had David fit who is one of our best players, he would have clipped balls over the top of them all day long.

They play far more direct and less easy on the eye than under Rodgers, unfortunately this style is still working for them against the rest of the league and mostly in previous games against Rangers.

Sunday suggested to me the tide is turning in your favour but ironically enough they had the luck of the Irish on their side.

The 29th is the real litmus test. I hope you go there and turn them over emphatically.
Thanks Jambo. Good to see we are not the only ones who hate them.

i think age has at last caught up with him. He was nowhere in that game and maybe playing two hard games in a week is too much for his body.

You can only play as good as the opposition allows. The only positive to come out of Sunday is we didn't cower and to the game to them. We need to keep that going and its only a matter of time.

We're long overdue a win at the piggery. Let's hope it comes in our match there at year's end

We might not win the league this season.
but we are hella close. The best thing is, they know it, they’ll not admit it, they’ll hide it away (that’s what they’re best at after all) but they know. If not this year we will win it next year. Hoping this year though, imagine brown equaling Richard Gough’s 9IAR as captain

We can't keep saying we are unlucky. We are the better side now, and we are the better coached team by a country mile but until we actually become clinical against them and put them to the sword it won't matter a jot.

We have absolutely battered them on a number of occasions now under Gerrard but they keep getting the better of us because when their chances come along they take them.

We needed an outrageous goaline block from Halliday in the dying minutes of the December game last season to stop it being a 1-1 draw in a game we utterly dominated. That's our problem. They can beat us when they're not even playing well, yet we can play out of our skins and struggle to beat them or even lose to them.

We get right in about them , Harry the fcuk out of them , big and strong with the good football we played on Sunday when we go to the sty they won’t be that lucky again !!! Never in a million years , Sunday was an absolute travesty !

The luck will run out for them it has too

Alfie needs to remain composed against their keeper and pass it around him through his legs or dink him

these blast finishes play into his strengths

small margins

We can't keep saying we are unlucky. We are the better side now, and we are the better coached team by a country mile but until we actually become clinical against them and put them to the sword it won't matter a jot.

We have absolutely battered them on a number of occasions now under Gerrard but they keep getting the better of us because when their chances come along they take them.

We needed an outrageous goaline block from Halliday in the dying minutes of the December game last season to stop it being a 1-1 draw in a game we utterly dominated. That's our problem. They can beat us when they're not even playing well, yet we can play out of our skins and struggle to beat them or even lose to them.
Yip. We need to find a ruthless streak in general and not just against timmy.

The luck will run out for them it has too

Alfie needs to remain composed against their keeper and pass it around him through his legs or dink him

these blast finishes play into his strengths

small margins

Or at least one of the chances he could have cut it back, I remember seeing Kent a few times and thinking PASS!!!

Let's destroy them in their own dump and send the biggest message possible to them
Just think how good we'll need to be to get a result there. I've absolutely no doubt Madden/Clancy will be given this one and that we'll have to overcome another game changing decision/non-decision.

I had a conversation last night where I was told the following:

* Helander's fingers were playing everyone onside (yes, seriously)
* Edouard not playing affected Christie/McGregor/Forrest's usual level of performance

When I suggested that Davis not playing didn't seem to affect Jack/Kamara/Aribo, I was told Davis not playing actually strengthened us.

Crackpots.

Just think how good we'll need to be to get a result there. I've absolutely no doubt Madden/Clancy will be given this one and that we'll have to overcome another game changing decision/non-decision.
I know it will be hard but create enough chances and we can do it.

Jones and Kent on the break

I said this when they beat us at Ibrox.

They cannot play that way again. Long ball, disruptive. They played how I would expect Hearts or Hibs to play at Ibrox and they obviously have the resources to implement it better.

At parkhead or Hampden they have no chance of playing that way and we are better than them. Comfortably.

Yes we didn't score on Sunday but we shouldn't have lost and going into the latter stages and extra time at 0-0 there was only one winner.

Bring on the 29th. Lets see what they can come up with.

What a different team we are when we're in their faces and don't allow them to settle if we go in like that against them with that commitment,we can turn them over there.

We keep doing what we did on Sunday and we will be well placed to take points in a few weeks time. Alfie won't miss opportunities like that forever. We have the upper hand in terms of performance and we have given them more to think about than they have to us. Nothing to fear.

As others have said when we press teams and play with high energy we are close to unstoppable, Feyenoord in the first half had no idea what had hit them but you have to take your chances and bury the team.

If only other teams in the league would press them high and get in their faces.

It looks easy in principal but these other teams aren't coached to anywhere near the level our players are. We pressed them, but we pressed them with purpose and every single player knew exactly what position to take up on the park when we didn't have the ball. It's not a coincidence that we picked up so many 2nd and 3rd balls, it's because the positioning of our players out of possession was outstanding.

Parkhead is a massive park though and going there and doing it will be difficult but we shouldn't be fearful at all. We need at least a draw there now, and possibly a win if we drop anymore points before then.

That team is still basically Rodgers’s squad.. How long can Lennon dine out on that.? Signs on Sunday that if you get at them they’re not that strong.. Sit back and they’re likely to beat you. It’s all there for other teams to be a bit more adventurous.

Yahoo in my work furious at all but Frimpong (lol) and the big ugly bassa goalkeeper.

pleasing

Taking away the fact they won for a minute, you know its bad and serious for them when they are not trying to slate our players like they love to do every week.

They know fine well we are coming this time, our players just have to believe they can do it and punish them and every other team.

Use Sunday as a motivation to destroy every team in the Spl and the rancid officials.

First time since Sunday I've felt a wee bit positive, because I keep hearing the above from yahoos in my work (talking among themselves).

The funny thing is, that's 3 times I've heard it now. Actually, 3 and a half if you count the last game at Parkhead when we outplayed them with 10 men before gifting them the win.

That's 3.5 games out of the 6 Gerrard has faced them, we've heard this same excuse because we've absolutely dominated them. Before he arrived we couldn't get anywhere near them.

I know it means little unless we get the result, but to me it says he's built a team that can more than compete with them. We're really close and the fact they're still so dismissive of us can only be a good thing.

The next goal now has to be to win our next 3 games then go and get a positive result at Parkhead. I think that would send our players' confidence sky high and set us up nicely for the run in.

December couldn't have got off to a worse start but it's still a massive month with plenty to play for.

Very rarely do 2 teams play "well".

One team playing well stops the other playing well.

Back