"An off-day / Celtic were poor / won't play that badly again"

It looks easy in principal but these other teams aren't coached to anywhere near the level our players are. We pressed them, but we pressed them with purpose and every single player knew exactly what position to take up on the park when we didn't have the ball. It's not a coincidence that we picked up so many 2nd and 3rd balls, it's because the positioning of our players out of possession was outstanding.

Parkhead is a massive park though and going there and doing it will be difficult but we shouldn't be fearful at all. We need at least a draw there now, and possibly a win if we drop anymore points before then.

100%. The way we pressed them is the same as Klopp's Liverpool team does where every player knows when to press and who is to do it in certain areas of the pitch.

Look at Warburton's interview with Simon Ferry. He could see Celtic's players weren't pressing as a team and we were able to get round them with ease in that game.

This Celtic squad have some very dangerous players who can hurt even good teams like us and Lazio. The difference we have shown though is we don't let them play as they want too, on Sunday we showed them zero respect and they are not a team that like playing against 'the press'. We done the same in the 2 games at Ibrox and in the second half of the game we played the majority with 10 men at the Gary Glitter dome.

A part of me thinks we have them sussed and im very confident going to their hole on the 29th, it'll come down to ruthlessness though and hopefully we show that in that game.

100%. The way we pressed them is the same as Klopp's Liverpool team does where every player knows when to press and who is to do it in certain areas of the pitch.

Look at Warburton's interview with Simon Ferry. He could see Celtic's players weren't pressing as a team and we were able to get round them with ease in that game.

This Celtic squad have some very dangerous players who can hurt even good teams like us and Lazio. The difference we have shown though is we don't let them play as they want too, on Sunday we showed them zero respect and they are not a team that like playing against 'the press'. We done the same in the 2 games at Ibrox and in the second half of the game we played the majority with 10 men at the Gary Glitter dome.

A part of me thinks we have them sussed and im very confident going to their hole on the 29th, it'll come down to ruthlessness though and hopefully we show that in that game.

Tactically and player for player we have the measure of them now. But until we actually start turning them over, it's just all noise.

We could easily go there and be the better side again but if Edouard sticks two in the pokey and we do our usual huffing and puffing it won't matter a jot.

They got a result at Ibrox by being very negative as well. In fairness it worked for them that day, I just mean I think they have doubts about how they’d get on against us in an open game and the other day will have confirmed that to them.

We can't keep saying we are unlucky. We are the better side now, and we are the better coached team by a country mile but until we actually become clinical against them and put them to the sword it won't matter a jot.

We have absolutely battered them on a number of occasions now under Gerrard but they keep getting the better of us because when their chances come along they take them.

We needed an outrageous goaline block from Halliday in the dying minutes of the December game last season to stop it being a 1-1 draw in a game we utterly dominated. That's our problem. They can beat us when they're not even playing well, yet we can play out of our skins and struggle to beat them or even lose to them.

That is a fair point, and perfectly true. We're a good team but we rely too much on Morelos. If he isn't clinical no one is. We miss way too many chances, not just in that game or the Sheep game.

That is a fair point, and perfectly true. We're a good team but we rely too much on Morelos. If he isn't clinical no one is. We miss way too many chances, not just in that game or the Sheep game.
We do and its why we need a goalscoring inside forward player for that right hand side, it really is crucial if we want to go to the next level.

They said that December 29th last year as well.

They've had 3 games in the last year against where they've only managed 1 shot on target. Saturday's wasn't even a legitimate shot.

Just tell them Lennon has turned them into long ball merchants who play for set pieces. A £60m a year steve clarke team. Seems to annoy them.
This is spot on and i could see why that would enrage them because they think they are the only team who plays football, weirdos !

It is correct that we have now absolutely battered them at Ibrox while only winning 1-0 nd 2-0, and now again in this cup final while somehow getting beat. In the Ibrox game this season they played to press high, nullify us, fight for everything and hope for a mistake, which they got.

In this cup final they came out full of confidence after a good run of results and went to go toe to toe with us. The result was the most one sided old firm cup final I can remember. When we perform like that and get the win by 3 or 4 nothing win we deserve the worm will finally have turned.

The biggest issue for me is by not winning on Sunday the pressure to win the league and or the SC has magnified

Soak up all the added pressure and win our remaining games in December

Then I’ll be more convinced they are ready to challenge for silverware

I would rather get played off the park for 90minutes and win the game. The people saying on the plus side we dominated them, there was no plus side to Sunday.
You have to look for positives moving forward, 20 months ago we got beat 4 and 5-0 going on 10-0

Now we destroyed them for 90 and lost because of horrible luck and decisions, if they had beat us 4-0 on Sunday and made us look like boys how would you be feeling now ? you would be writting the league off like many fans would i guess.

If you dont want to see the positives moving forward thats fine but they are there for all to see, some people seem keen for another overhaul and i really don't understand how they could ever think that when the progression is very clear, its just a matter of time now.

It is correct that we have now absolutely battered them at Ibrox while only winning 1-0 nd 2-0, and now again in this cup final while somehow getting beat. In the Ibrox game this season they played to press high, nullify us, fight for everything and hope for a mistake, which they got.

In this cup final they came out full of confidence after a good run of results and went to go toe to toe with us. The result was the most one sided old firm cup final I can remember. When we perform like that and get the win by 3 or 4 nothing win we deserve the worm will finally have turned.

The Ibrox game we shot ourselves in the foot with awful tactics and team selection.

You have to look for positives moving forward, 20 months ago we got beat 4 and 5-0 going on 10-0

Now we destroyed them for 90 and lost because of horrible luck and decisions, if they had beat us 4-0 on Sunday and made us look like boys how would you be feeling now ? you would be writting the league off like many fans would i guess.

If you dont want to see the positives moving forward thats fine but they are there for all to see.

Id be feeling just as bad as now, a 1-0 defeat vs them is just the same as a 4-0 defeat to me.

There is no positives to losing a game vs the scum in my opinion.

Just tell them Lennon has turned them into long ball merchants who play for set pieces. A £60m a year steve clarke team. Seems to annoy them.
Hahahaha that’s a belter. Another good one I told my pal was only 3 players turned up for Celtic on Sunday, the ref the keeper and the linesman.

It looks easy in principal but these other teams aren't coached to anywhere near the level our players are. We pressed them, but we pressed them with purpose and every single player knew exactly what position to take up on the park when we didn't have the ball. It's not a coincidence that we picked up so many 2nd and 3rd balls, it's because the positioning of our players out of possession was outstanding.

Parkhead is a massive park though and going there and doing it will be difficult but we shouldn't be fearful at all. We need at least a draw there now, and possibly a win if we drop anymore points before then.

It isn't any bigger than Ibrox or Hampden. Optical illusion from their shit tip stands.

Id be feeling just as bad as now, a 1-0 defeat vs them is just the same as a 4-0 defeat to me.

There is no positives to losing a game vs the scum in my opinion.
Of course not, we lost and it hurts no matter what way we lost but some of us are looking at the bigger picture, are you more confident after Sunday or less confident we can win the league ?

I know for a fact if we had been pumped 3 or 4 -0 the meltdown on here would have been extreme and most of us would probably think there is little chance of us winning the league, i believe most have more confidence now than ever.

It was a freak result, people need to remember that

Of course not, we lost and it hurts no matter what way we lost but some of us are looking at the bigger picture, are you more confident after Sunday or less confident we can win the league ?

I know for a fact if we had been pumped 3 or 4 -0 the meltdown on here would have been extreme and most of us would probably think there is little chance of us winning the league, i believe most have more confidence now than ever.

It was a freak result, people need to remember that
I still think we will win the league mate. We are a better team than them, I was just saying that in my opinion there is nothing positive to take from a defeat to them.

The main positive I’ve taken from the game on Sunday that they are not as fit as they were...McGregor was their best player this time last year & he struggled to cover ground on Sunday as did the rest of them.

They lack discipline under TLB & I’m hoping they can drop silly points. Hamilton was a get out of free card & they were lucky against us.

I just hope we can sort our own house out & not give away cheap silly goals away like we have being doing. In my opinion Goldson is our biggest issue & I hope the big man steps up & proves me wrong over the Xmas period.

We need to beat Motherwell & Hiv’s & I honestly can’t see us losing @ the Piggery. Our players have came through a lot & this will hopefully make us stronger.

RTID.

I still think we will win the league mate. We are a better team than them, I was just saying that in my opinion there is nothing positive to take from a defeat to them.
I understand that, its a sore one and i doubt we will ever lose a match or final in that way again.

The jammiest final win i have ever seen watching football.

It isn't any bigger than Ibrox or Hampden. Optical illusion from their shit tip stands.

We've only went to Parkhead a handful of times in my lifetime and utterly dominated them there. It's always a really tough game. I'd be utterly astounded if it played out in the same manner as the game at the weekend there.

We've only went to Parkhead a handful of times in my lifetime and utterly dominated them there. It's always a really tough game. I'd be utterly astounded if it played out in the same manner as the game at the weekend there.
It won't be the same i think most people know that but it doesn't have to be, we will have more space to hit them on the break, the on thing they can't handle is our midfield 3, we are far too strong, fit and classy for their midfield to deal with.

They play far more direct and less easy on the eye than under Rodgers, unfortunately this style is still working for them against the rest of the league and mostly in previous games against Rangers.

Sunday suggested to me the tide is turning in your favour but ironically enough they had the luck of the Irish on their side.

The 29th is the real litmus test. I hope you go there and turn them over emphatically.

Hopefully you guys do us a turn next week.

We can't keep saying we are unlucky. We are the better side now, and we are the better coached team by a country mile but until we actually become clinical against them and put them to the sword it won't matter a jot.

We have absolutely battered them on a number of occasions now under Gerrard but they keep getting the better of us because when their chances come along they take them.

We needed an outrageous goaline block from Halliday in the dying minutes of the December game last season to stop it being a 1-1 draw in a game we utterly dominated. That's our problem. They can beat us when they're not even playing well, yet we can play out of our skins and struggle to beat them or even lose to them.

It's a really good point. There's a couple of minor differences that give them an edge, and these can be the fine line differences.

1 is their good striker has scored against us, so is more relaxed when he gets a chance. Our striker causes them as much problems as there's does to us, but our striker in anxious in his finishing against them, there's isn't.

2nd is that I feel they have slightly more natural goalscorers wide and in midfield. Guys like Christie, Mcgregor, Forrest unfortunately have more goals in them than Kent, Kamara & Jack currently. I feel we need more slightly more goals from the supporting cast, especially in these games. It's an area I would be looking to improve.

Hopefully you guys do us a turn next week.

I hope so mate.

The boardroom situation has taken yet another comical turn, but I'm hoping Stendel is allowed to impose himself on the squad without any interference. The new manager bounce is common across football and I'm hoping it's no different in this case.

We'll play a lot worse than we did on Sunday and win Old Firm games.

It was just one of those freak games football can throw up.

The 29th will present different circumstances and challenges but I'm confident we will have the tactics right again.

It's a really good point. There's a couple of minor differences that give them an edge, and these can be the fine line differences.

1 is their good striker has scored against us, so is more relaxed when he gets a chance. Our striker causes them as much problems as there's does to us, but our striker in anxious in his finishing against them, there's isn't.

2nd is that I feel they have slightly more natural goalscorers wide and in midfield. Guys like Christie, Mcgregor, Forrest unfortunately have more goals in them than Kent, Kamara & Jack currently. I feel we need more slightly more goals from the supporting cast, especially in these games. It's an area I would be looking to improve.

We had a massive chance at the weekend to really swing the pendulum mentally in the league. We had the cup in our grasp, it would have allowed us to stop their run of domestic trophies whilst also dealing them the mental blow that we arent going anywhere in the league title race. We should have beat them 3 or 4 nil on the balance of play, yet somehow we've still managed to f*ck it up.

People think they'll be running scared of us when they're actually pissing themselves laughing at us.

Their players know mentally they are in our players heads. They have our number in a mental sense.

Their fans think our main striker is a laughing stock who cant and wont score against them. Ever.

Now they know they just need to win their next couple of league games and if they beat us at Parkhead then they have 1 hand on the title.

We've utterly f*cked it.

We had a massive chance at the weekend to really swing the pendulum mentally in the league. We had the cup in our grasp, it would have allowed us to stop their run of domestic trophies whilst also dealing them the mental blow that we arent going anywhere in the league title race. We should have beat them 3 or 4 nil on the balance of play, yet somehow we've still managed to f*ck it up.

People think they'll be running scared of us when they're actually pissing themselves laughing at us.

Their players know mentally they are in our players heads. They have our number in a mental sense.

Their fans think our main striker is a laughing stock who cant and wont score against them. Ever.

Now they know they just need to win their next couple of league games and if they beat us at Parkhead then they have 1 hand on the title.

We've utterly f*cked it.
[/QU

grow up man ffs

your listening to far too many mentally challengeds like Sutton etc

we are right in this title race

we have proved we are a better side than them Sunday and in any other day we win at a canter

our team is in on the up they are in the slide

get behind them ffs

Old boy in work said to me the other day, "Celtic weren't shite. You can't be shite if you never touched the ball". We done them over twice last year and even the 2-1 loss at parkhead, we looked the more likely to win even though we played an hour with 10 men. We can beat them on the 29th if we play to our best, just need to put the ball in the net this time.

They really aren’t as good as they are made out to be. We also now have the better gaffer and backroom team, which obviously makes a huge difference.

We just need to start putting them to the sword when we are on top.

We've utterly f*cked it.

Exactly this, it's a good, honest post. Some won't like it, but it's the truth.

You don't win trophies for being the better side, playing a team off the park or creating more chances - especially at cup level.

Yet again we let another opportunity slip, they defeated us whilst not playing well, landed their tenth trophy in a row whilst our players were absolutely deflated. Do Celtic care that we were the better side. Do they %^*&. They will be talking amongst themselves that Rangers played them off the park, had numerous chances, a penalty as well and still couldn't record a win. I heard Lennon's interview on Monday morning whilst driving to work - he couldn't give a shit how we played. Mentioned Rangers being basically robbed but his team lifted the cup and that's all that matters.

They didn't play well at Ibrox and won, they were poor on Sunday and still won. We've gone to Tynecastle and Pittodrie and failed to win. Our next two away league games are more of the tougher venues against two sides who hate us and will be right up for it. We drop points then go to the piggery and see a negative result then we are in trouble.

We had an opportunity to lay down a marker, experience winning a trophy, that winning feeling, stop the rot, get inside thier heads, show we are capable of winning when it really matters by defeating our enemy and we failed. I don't see any thing positive and the same questions are raised again after that match;

- winning mentality
- lack of ruthlessness
- defeating the bheggars when it really matters
- managers decision making

If the performance was the other way around on a Sunday, they would have burried us with the opportunities we created. They certainly wouldn't have missed the penalty and with us down to 10 men they would have been relentless in getting at us.

It's going to be interesting to see how we react?

At the end of the day it doesnt matter what their rancid fans think. It will have no bearing on how the next game pans out. I doubt treacle teeth will be underestimating us now.

Correct, but not the point of the OP.
Well, it isn’t.
There is a world of difference, and the post mortem is so different,
When the performance has been crap, which is different from timid which is different from a total collapse.
Yes, the result is the most important thing but, even in defeat, you’re looking for something to build on.

We've utterly f*cked it.
If what you’ve posted from the emboldened bit down is true, their arrogance and complacency will come back to hurt them.
Only somebody very stupid, on top of their arrogance and complacency, will not analyse the game and realise the result did not equate to the performance.

Their keeper had a great game, Gerrard now knows how to set up against them, Davis is arguably our best player was missing, we missed big chances! They wont be that lucky next time.

Bring it on

Back