An opportunity to go 9 points clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridiculous to say he's mince but I wish Hagi's form matched his attitude on the pitch.

The biggest game in the last decade. This will go a way to providing evidence that we have moved past last seasons mental weaknesses.

Hagi has been mince lately, yeah tell that to all his assists for key goals lately. He played poor last night, worked hard but things were just not happening for him. Passing was off, he was off tempo.

To me him and Aribo are players we need for Sunday to unlock what is going to be a compact defensive unit of 10 men, with time wasting from the get go. Kent, Aribo, Hagi, Roofe/Morelos. We need to go at them from the start and take shots from outside the box if things are not opening up. We need our Centre Halves to make the runs forward to pull players out of position. We need our deeper midfielders to do the same. We saw at Livingston when we don't we just end up being predictable and playing in front of a wall that doesn't move because they know we are going to play a short play to the side. Jack was extremely guilty of that, that day.

These are the games that Hagi is made for. Our biggest problem over the last couple of seasons has been creating chances against teams that park the bus.
His form may not be the best at the moment but he's the one player who can open a team up.

It’s not the game for Hagi, if Jones isn’t motivated to run up against his old team then he’d be better in the stand. I’d start him

We must win on Sunday.
This is the sort of game we have previously had a habit of slipping up on having just taken a 3 point lead.
Time to show the expanded squad quality

Anyone who thinks Hagi has been mince unfortunately doesn’t understand football. He’s been playing a level above I thought he would be capable off at this age. Really impressed with the kid in his last few games for us.

Last few seasons under Gerrard we've passed up these opportunities. Earlier on this season we failed to take advantage of the bheggars slip up/COVID-19 quarantine match postponements.

Sunday's got to be different.

Our form is good, we are on the back of a solid run domestically, continue to impress on the European front, we've a near fully fit squad to chose from and confidence is sky high.

Sunday is not only an opportunity to continue our good run but to pull further ahead, mount more pressure and wipe away some of the doubt that still hangs over our players - it will continue until we win games like Sunday and when given an opportunity to tighten our grip and pull further ahead.

This is our biggest opportunity under Gerrard yet. The bheggars haven't felt pressure - well now is the time to apply it. They are probably expecting us to slip up. Fortunately there is a different feel and look to this Rangers squad. More organised, better disciplined, patient, well drilled. We get the job done and move on - wins, even against the bheggars are treated as a routine win. No mad celebrations or over reactions. A lot more professional.

Wish the game was today as I'm pumped right up for it.

These are the games that Hagi is made for. Our biggest problem over the last couple of seasons has been creating chances against teams that park the bus.
His form may not be the best at the moment but he's the one player who can open a team up.

I agree mate. Contrary to the popular opinion on here. We need guile more than pace on these pitches, as they can get a bit sticky and slow the roll of the ball down. Plus Killie typically set up camp in their own box. Makes the pace of Jones almost useless, and I wouldnt risk big Joe on that pitch when he's coming back from an injury

Anyone who thinks Hagi has been mince unfortunately doesn’t understand football. He’s been playing a level above I thought he would be capable off at this age. Really impressed with the kid in his last few games for us.

Folk just need a whipping boy mate. Im sure he leads us in assists. Not bad for someone of his age.

No excuses!

We know what's at stake. We know their game plan.

I don't care how we do it, but we've just got to win.

Already been beat off St Johnstone, Hibs and Dunfermline at Rugby Park this season.

Treat them like the jobbers they are, just another game.

I find it strange that for a fixture where we repeatedly lack creativity so many are calling for dropping our leading player in assists. This would seem to be an obvious game for the talents of Hagi and Aribo.

Hagi has been mince of late so maybe he should be dropped and Jones should start.

Does he not have one of the highest assist rates at the club? In what way has he been mince then & with that in mind, what are you wanting from him? To run around like a headless chicken?

The players need to relax at that shitehole.

Too often we have looked tense there and it has significantly affected our play.

Relax and settle down and play our style and our tempo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back