And so it continues - SPFL clubs discuss contingency plans

They probably thought the bheasts would win at the weekend, hence the clubs all having a meeting today to discuss it.

Be interesting to see what happens if the country goes into full lockdown again. Would they look to postpone it until we came out of lockdown as I don't see them looking to call it so early in the season.

I think the Nations League matches coming up next month plus the Scotland play-off could be in serious doubt if things continue the way they are in Europe.

Why in the name of fu'ck was this not discussed and agreed upon prior to the season starting?

It's hardly an event that couldn't be foreseen given we just had the exact situation play out a matter of months ago!

It would be better to have rules put in place asap, that way no-one can change or interpret the rules further down the line when it suits (or suits the Tims). It makes sense to try and avoid the corrupt mess of last season. As long as clubs are involved in discussions and there is an fairly cast iron and fair agreement, then it makes sense. What is important is the small print, and ensuring any of Fat Rod’s vague wordplay is 100% clear and concise.

At the moment, there will be no desire at all to end the season prematurely, from anyone’s perspective, us or them. You would lose TV money, sponsorship (both club and league), possible season ticket refunds, plus the SFA would be finished as well with no Cup or International games.

Lawwell will care much more about the balance sheet than any 9.75 in a row award, so no chance he will be thinking of trying to end the season in the near future, regardless if they start dropping points. If we get to February or March then they may start to think that way, but not now. Even then, you would think it would take government directive to stop football, given we are getting on with it just now.

As much as I don’t trust them one iota, it does make sense to at least try and avoid what happened last season, and that means fair, clear and consistent rules put in place. They know they got away with their corruption by the skin of their teeth last year, and they might be wary of going down that route again.

So this has taken till mid October, full round of fixtures and it is intent to hold a consultation , the outline of which they do not seem to have. So that probably will not be out till November. It is complete mismanagement.

They have already been knocked back before the season started - this is them trying to take the power away from the clubs and have some sort of guidelines/hard rules in place that have to be followed.

My, we do like a drama on here. The rest of the football world is carrying on, even with some fans.

Yet here we are talking about the league being called. Behave ffs.

Well if Rangers don’t want the season to be declared early all we have to do is remain on top, then there is no chance of it happening.

Why do I get the feeling (in that case) the SPFL will find our arguments from last season very compelling and null and void the season?

Until celtic scrape ahead of course... Either way it's for the sake of sporting integrity of course!

Not really a big problem. There is little chance of reaching the levels we were at in March/April.
No reason whatsoever for elite sport to be stopped.
There was no reason to call the season then either, almost every other league managed to complete.
The main issue is that Liverpool, with an even more commanding lead than Celtc, were saying that they would be unwilling to accept a title that had not been "won".
The 19th Century Terrorist cabal could not wait in case that is what happened, since they could not permit Celtc to then claim the SPL title.
So they forced through the corrupt Dundee vote to empower them to call the league immediately.

Absolutely ironic Doncaster talking about worries of fixture congestion when him and Maxwell are happy to continue a tournament from last season which would have freed up a full weekend, even more stupid is there will be two Scottish cup finals in the same season,we all know why the Scottish cup wasn't cancelled.

When also are they going to tell the mankies to play their outstanding game against the sheep ? Now given they are worried about not having time to play these fixtures and having to find a free week, why ? They didn't have a problem making Rangers play all these games in a week, so why are they not doing the same with the mankies and making them play the game in hand regardless, claiming they can't squeeze it in because they are playing on a Thursday and then a Sunday, so why can't they play it on a Tuesday just like they made us do.

It cost us the league, but pretty sure they made us play on the Sunday,Tuesday,European final on the Thursday,Scottish cup final on the Saturday and a midweek game against the sheep,pretty sure that's what they done.

Are they giving them a hand by not putting any pressure on them to play it or are they just waiting till they are knocked out of Europe and then a free midweek.

We've played each other once with no fans so really thete is no home advantage as such. So just call it. Give us the league and we can concentrate on Europe and the cup comps. Win win if you ask me

I’m Free!

EktBVz6W0AEkPJo

It doesn't matter what you say. You don't have a vote

They will vote however they choose.
If it happened now they would null and void the league simply because of the amount of fixtures played, Rangers during 1939/40 had played 5 matches, top of the table,war broke out and the league was declared void.

Think the last thing they would do is void the league and stop it, that would do serious damage to Scottish football financially and loads of clubs who are struggling to keep their heads above water right now, they wouldn't survive and go to the wall, SKY would want their money back which in turn would bankrupt the SFA.

Voiding the league also does nothing to help our own club,players still have to be paid,maintenence costs for Ibrox and the training ground and there would also be a huge problem if people who had paid for virtual season tickets no longer got anything for their money after just a few games, that alone would test the resolve of any loyal Rangers fan regardless.

The main jist I got was they were speaking about awarding teams 3-0 wins in the event another team withdrew due to covid, absolutely no chance the league will be ended.

Presumably they'll issue a statement along the lines of...

"We are very embarrassed that we called the league early last year only to find most other leagues in Europe were able to complete their outstanding fixtures."

If it happened now they would null and void the league simply because of the amount of fixtures played, Rangers during 1939/40 had played 5 matches, top of the table,war broke out and the league was declared void.

Think the last thing they would do is void the league and stop it, that would do serious damage to Scottish football financially and loads of clubs who are struggling to keep their heads above water right now, they wouldn't survive and go to the wall, SKY would want their money back which in turn would bankrupt the SFA.

Voiding the league also does nothing to help our own club,players still have to be paid,maintenence costs for Ibrox and the training ground and there would also be a huge problem if people who had paid for virtual season tickets no longer got anything for their money after just a few games, that alone would test the resolve of any loyal Rangers fan regardless.

The main jist I got was they were speaking about awarding teams 3-0 wins in the event another team withdrew due to covid, absolutely no chance the league will be ended.
If it were not for their massive wage bill that needs serviced, I have no doubt they'd burn the place to the ground calling null & void if it meant they could still had a chance at their fabled 10. In fact, considering the champs league spot would still be up for grabs too, it might be a net+ worth risking anyway. There is no act too low for those rats.

If it were not for their massive wage bill that needs serviced, I have no doubt they'd burn the place to the ground calling null & void if it meant they could still had a chance at their fabled 10. In fact, considering the champs league spot would still be up for grabs too, it might be a net+ worth risking anyway. There is no act too low for those rats.
If it were null and void they wouldn't get the chance to win 10, It would be gone.

But given the sad obsession they have, If they knew they weren't winning the league they would be demanding the league was declared null and void to stop us winning the league.

We've already seen how far the SFA will go to help them along with the SPFL, awarding league titles and also continuing with a tournament that should have been scrapped last season. At least one competition should have been scrapped this season in either the league cup or Scottish cup, that would have given them the much needed free weeks that they are so concerned about, pretty sure their are no league cup or Scottish cup sponsors to disapoint and no money would need be given back and would have solved any problems of free weeks incase teams have to postpone games and played at a later date.

If it were null and void they wouldn't get the chance to win 10, It would be gone.

But given the sad obsession they have, If they knew they weren't winning the league they would be demanding the league was declared null and void to stop us winning the league.

We've already seen how far the SFA will go to help them along with the SPFL, awarding league titles and also continuing with a tournament that should have been scrapped last season. At least one competition should have been scrapped this season in either the league cup or Scottish cup, that would have given them the much needed free weeks that they are so concerned about, pretty sure their are no league cup or Scottish cup sponsors to disapoint and no money would need be given back and would have solved any problems of free weeks incase teams have to postpone games and played at a later date.
The claim of 10 should already be gone as last season was called before it was mathematically won, yet it's still all we hear about. So rest assured, they'll still cling onto it regardless of validity. I agree with the rest of that though.

He wants the go ahead for more corruption so this time they can say it was decided by the clubs he wants the green signal to match his green bias.

They have already been knocked back before the season started - this is them trying to take the power away from the clubs and have some sort of guidelines/hard rules in place that have to be followed.
pretty sure the season had already started when they tried last time.
They asked for the power to make the decisions as and when things happened iirc, there wasn't a definitive plan of if A happens, the response is B, C or D...

All we need to do is keep our noses in front. Nothing else matters if we can do that.
It’s not as simple as that. Lawwell will say that, as they haven’t played all teams home and away, the remaining games should be based on average points from LAST SEASON. Just watch the other clubs respond with, ‘great idea’. We need to build a big gap, so that this won’t make a difference.

Population management ..... football on the TV is one of those things that will help keep purple less riotous.

Govt will have a major say

I'd rather lose the title played to completion than be given it early, them being gifted it is embarrassing.
When we win 55 it must be with all games played to completion.
The difference between then and now is they made it up as they went along. If there’s credible contingency plans in place that the clubs agree with then I don’t see too much of an issue, as we would already know what might happen. I’d say the chances of a contingency plan being implemented are slim now. So unlikely to be needed.

If it's stopped before the halfway mark it will be declared null and void. Absolute stick-on.
I read on one of their boards that 70% of the season has to be played before it is n & v. How true thus is, or whether it is next weeks SPFL decision, I just don’t know

I must've missed the memo where someone's opinion on a forum was the measurement of intellect. Nothing stupid about it, I want the title won not given, that's my view on it. Thanks for your reply though.
I’m not questioning your intellect.
Just your opinion.

Watch the words 'Nul & Void' suddenly stop being dirty and start becoming common place, at first through a few media placemen and then picked up by every tim with a keyboard. The gnash against it last season will be gone.

And the thing is, nul & void is probably correct. A competition that hasn't been completed has no integrity. I'm not a hypocrite and I stand by that regardless. The problem is that you cannot take the opposite approach one season and not the next, and now that a full round of games has been completed any argument that could have been for it has gone. If there is any kind of wriggling to get the season binned I would hope Rangers are prepared, and prepared to go nuclear.

I'd rather lose the title played to completion than be given it early, them being gifted it is embarrassing.
Then let's win 55 in a year's time.
And stop 10 this year with it gift wrapped in a 3 sided, incomplete box.

Watch the words 'Nul & Void' suddenly stop being dirty and start becoming common place, at first through a few media placemen and then picked up by every tim with a keyboard. The gnash against it last season will be gone.

And the thing is, nul & void is probably correct. A competition that hasn't been completed has no integrity. I'm not a hypocrite and I stand by that regardless. The problem is that you cannot take the opposite approach one season and not the next, and now that a full round of games has been completed any argument that could have been for it has gone. If there is any kind of wriggling to get the season binned I would hope Rangers are prepared, and prepared to go nuclear.
I have a feeling your correct, especially since we are now atop of the league. If we continue to be leading then I suspect you will be correct. It’s whatever mechanism the SPFL try to adopt or even manufacture to get through the real club they want to win. After all, every ounce of pressure they got from their lobbyists such as the mentally challengeds, and their buddies worked a treat and the SPFL duly obliged to deliver the most tainted title in the history of sport.

Integrity will be the watchword, but as we all know fine well, it just doesn’t exsist in this set up.

With one round of fixtures completed they have a measure for which an early call can be made and after last season we have a strong argument is in place to challenge any other out come.

The challenge now is to play every game like it’s your last. Every 3 points is another step closer to the end goal but it also puts greater pressure on those in power as the only option can be to award to us in such circumstances.

I still can't get my head round why we voted yes, and gifted them last seasons corona virus league title.
Is this still getting peddled? We didn’t vote to award them the league title and relegate Hearts, despite the shite in the media. Both ourselves and Hearts voted against. Confirmed by the SLO on this Board, with absolute certainty.

1. Rangers.. 2.64 PPG.
2. Celtc....... 2.50 PPG.

Call it now.
On the BBC Sportsound show last night, when they were talking about the meeting and the new powers being sought, Craig Levein said " I just wonder if they will call the league again". "They will have to wait until everybody is in the right positions before they call it".
39 minutes 54 seconds

I must've missed the memo where someone's opinion on a forum was the measurement of intellect. Nothing stupid about it, I want the title won not given, that's my view on it. Thanks for your reply though.
Just so you know- i am in complete agreement with you.
Dont want it awarded. Would rather lose it fairly with all games played.
55 should be the biggest celebration in a generation for us. I think we would be robbed of this if the season is called and we are awarded the title in a boardroom meeting.

Surely scrapping this seasons league cup and Scottish cup would be the first measures if there was a real possibility all league fixtures couldn’t be completed before the end of the season.

Attempting to end the season early needs to be robustly challenged every step of the way.

I think the difference is if we were awarded it, we might not even count it as 55 (like we don’t count war titles), but it would confirm to them that they didn’t get their 9.75 (or whatever decimal it would then be) in a row. Can’t imagine Gerrard and the management team sitting there giving the same kind of press conference as Lennon saying how great an achievement it was.

Listen fellow bears and bearettes, we must win 55 this year and yes by any means available, anything else is unthinkable. Make no mistake, the cabal are as bent as a spiral staircase and guaranteed they will have a devious move or two up their sleeve.

Off topic a bit here, on bbc hoots mon this morn, they had charlie Adam and Craig Levein empathising with filth fc about the mole in the camp (more excuses for the humping).
Charlie actually mentioned about Dundee having sporting integrity, i nearly spat out my rice krispies.
Honestly some people.

On the BBC Sportsound show last night, when they were talking about the meeting and the new powers being sought, Craig Levein said " I just wonder if they will call the league again". "They will have to wait until everybody is in the right positions before they call it".
39 minutes 54 seconds
Heard that, brilliant from Levein.

Just so you know- i am in complete agreement with you.
Dont want it awarded. Would rather lose it fairly with all games played.
55 should be the biggest celebration in a generation for us. I think we would be robbed of this if the season is called and we are awarded the title in a boardroom meeting.

Thats my point exactly - we win titles on the park not over a Zoom meeting.

We just need to crack on with our own business. Keep winning and they can't catch us, regardless of when the call the season.

Will be interesting to see how the voting goes if we are on top at the time though!

Why is this even an issue? Why would the league be called? Because a few St Mirren players are isolating? Last season this virus caught us all on the hop, totally different set of circumstances now. Zero need to abandon leagues. Mass hysteria on here I think.

Why is this even an issue? Why would the league be called? Because a few St Mirren players are isolating? Last season this virus caught us all on the hop, totally different set of circumstances now. Zero need to abandon leagues. Mass hysteria on here I think.
There was zero need or justification to ‘abandon’ the league last season (see almost every other European league that played to completion) yet that still happened and titles were awarded and relegations confirmed. We are not dealing with common sense when it comes to the running of the Scottish game.

Back