And so it continues - SPFL clubs discuss contingency plans

Not sure n&v will be viable as remember tge reason this wasnt an option last season was tv money. SPFL are already running on empty and n&v could finish them.
Not sure about 70% of games having to be played as that wad the while reason for last season's debacle...they had no plan or rules for anything like this.
Not a lawyer but last season with ppg deciding on winners and losers, remember thistle went down by 2 points with a game in hand, I'd imagine that is a precedent that could and would be argued in court

I'd rather lose the title played to completion than be given it early, them being gifted it is embarrassing.
When we win 55 it must be with all games played to completion.

I don’t think it will happen as Scottish football will never survive another long term shutdown but if it did after what happened in 2008,2012 and 2020 we should have no qualms about the title being awarded particularly as we are the best side in the league. It would give the rest of the SPFL a taste of their own medicine for a change.

The precedent was set last season by all the clubs including ourselves and the yahoos.

Of course we all want to win it on the park but a far easier route to champions league football and title 55 can’t be turned down if that unlikely scenario happens.

They will say any league could not be awarded to us without a clear, sizeable gap after c.30 games. Remember their “13 point gap” last season was before we had a game in hand and two old firms (which on current and last season derby form we probably win). That was potentially a 4 point gap with 6 other games remaining.

I would much rather win it on the park, and might not even count any awarded title unless we were mathematically certain but if there is literally no other option to finish the fixtures we cannot just let it be null and void (After what happened last season) if we are leading the pack.

So they are confirming that the administration of the professional game in Scotland is run by amateurs who cannot consider making a call on this before the season was started.

Its not like they had an idea it could happen or had any form of precedent .....

Clownboots - the lot of them
They can’t mate , as they have to see how it pans out , to adapt rules to suit the mentally challengeds . And they aren’t amateurs , they are totally professional when it comes to cheating .

They should agree that the league can be called after two rounds of matches. ie. all completed home and away. we should not be allowed to play any 3rd round matches until all 2nd round matches are complete. if we dont make it that far it should be void.

how can you have a scenario where the league is awarded and we have been to parkhead twice? its half or all of it

Why is this even an issue? Why would the league be called? Because a few St Mirren players are isolating? Last season this virus caught us all on the hop, totally different set of circumstances now. Zero need to abandon leagues. Mass hysteria on here I think.
Think back to project re start in july. Not a single EPL player tested positive, so they completed the season. it seemed the virus was on the wane.
Look at it now- players all over europe are now contracting the disease, along with coaches etc.
Either the virus has mutated and got worse / more potent- or things are getting lax in the 'player bubbles' . The raft of international games are exacerbating the situation.

from the day this season started, i did not think it would be completed. I am almost certain of this now.

If it's stopped before the halfway mark it will be declared null and void. Absolute stick-on.
To be honest I don't think that would be an unreasonable rule.

It's one that should have been decided before the season started though, when teams would be voting based on the fairness of it rather than in self interest.

How the %^*& they didn't think a contingency plan might be necessary before the league started I'll never understand. Complete incompetence.

To be honest I don't think that would be an unreasonable rule.

It's one that should have been decided before the season started though, when teams would be voting based on the fairness of it rather than in self interest.

How the %^*& they didn't think a contingency plan might be necessary before the league started I'll never understand. Complete incompetence.
It is total madness. "We're in the middle of a global pandemic that's already curtailed the last season, but we're not going to introduce any rules that set out what will happen if it curtails the next season too." Incompetence is too polite.

You can just see the null and void statement in January in order not to make a controversial decision again.

Just remain in front so one of their angles from last season is nullified.

It should have been null and voided then that would have been the sensible move. But not suitable for those dirty cheatin bastards.

I find it incredible that the rules and contingency plans for various outcomes were not agreed and put in place BEFORE the season started.

We are in the middle of a global pandemic

They already had to make up rules and finish the last season early

To not have put rules in place for all scenarios given those two facts is almost criminal. What rank amateurs are running the Scottish game?

I find it incredible that the rules and contingency plans for various outcomes were not agreed and put in place BEFORE the season started.

We are in the middle of a global pandemic

They already had to make up rules and finish the last season early

To not have put rules in place for all scenarios given those two facts is almost criminal. What rank amateurs are running the Scottish game?
Earlier in the Summer they asked for the authority for the SPFL Board to make any old decision they liked linked to the coronavirus pandemic. The clubs, quite rightly, told them to bolt.

You are correct though, plans should have been in place and agreed long before the season started. Not only on how the league might be ended but also on what happens when clubs, like Killie, St Mirren, Sheep and Dhims, are unable to fulfil their fixtures. However, giving Doncaster blanket authority to do as he sees fit would have been, and is, madness. I’d rather there was nothing in place than hand things over to him.

If they go ahead with the nonsense of games forfeited then they need to go back and retrospectively award 3-0 wins to teams that have already been in that situation. You can not half way through a season change the rules when others have broke them previously. Absolute shambles

Back