And still some are not happy

It's a huge achievement, I think.some are just frustrated at the amazing football we played for the first hour but only one goal to show for it.

If anyone had offered us 2nd place before a ball was kicked we would have bitten their hand off.

We were the best team in the group

Absolutely. To qualify and only lose one game throughout, have the top scorer in the competition, just tremendous.

It’s not just the amazing first hour with one goal to show for it though. It’s the lucky escape in the end driven by our inability to show composure to close out a game. We badly missed Steve Davis in that regard second half.

We need to be more clinical.

We need to keep the ball better.

Tonight actually similar to Pittodrie performance in terms of the stark contrast between periods of play and similar issues. The weak bench really doesn’t help, we play with so much energy that subs would be very useful!

Well all the talk 10 days ago was how big a week we were facing with the 3 games coming up.

We didn't win one game.

So from that point of view, I can understand why some aren't happy.

Great achievement, with a small hint of frustration imo

S Gs record in Europe is simply out standing.
As for those moaning about not being seeded we weren't seeded in the groups and still made it out.

Looking at it as a single result then yes I’m unhappy at a draw as we deserved to win. But the boys have been excellent since this journey started on the the 9th of July.

It's great to qualify. Everything is a bonus now. With any luck we'll get Man Utd in the draw.
However, it got brutal watching us in the 2nd half. It almost looked like we were trying to give Young Boys as much help as we could. Defending deeper and deeper. Giving possession away at every opportunity, and when anything did go our way making the wrong decisions.
I'm disappointed because we finished the game poorly after starting well. We're better than we showed in that 2nd half.

All the best to the greatest support in the land we are the people :)) here's to the next rounds and where it takes us, we will follow on .

Much like the last two games, I think it’s the manner of it that has annoyed some.

Had we went a goal behind tonight and drew 1-1, I don’t think there would have been too many moans.

But to totally dominate like that for an hour and then piss away top of the group so late on with a sloppy goal is obviously frustrating.

Despite that, everyone would have bitten your hand off for 2nd place before the group started.

That 2nd half was absolute murder.

Not because of how the game was going but because of the fucking relentless moaning greeting and screaming abuse at our players. Got into a quite heated argument with the guy behind me about it.

People absolutely losing their shit because a team that needs 3 points has a sustained spell of pressure and put us under the cosh. Instead of backing the team they go off their nut every time a pass doesn't come off.

An amazing achievement for our club and I actually felt a bit scunnered at full time thanks to some clueless fucking arseholes.

I'd hate to hear these pricks if we ever get to the late stages and play a proper top sidr and can't get a kick of the ball, there'll be folk having fucking heart attacks. Hopefully they just wont bother buying a ticket.

Anyway, that's my train. Rant over.

That 2nd half was absolute murder.

Not because of how the game was going but because of the fucking relentless moaning greeting and screaming abuse at our players. Got into a quite heated argument with the guy behind me about it.

People absolutely losing their shit because a team that needs 3 points has a sustained spell of pressure and put us under the cosh. Instead of backing the team they go off their nut every time a pass doesn't come off.

An amazing achievement for our club and I actually felt a bit scunnered at full time thanks to some clueless fucking arseholes.

I'd hate to hear these pricks if we ever get to the late stages and play a proper top sidr and can't get a kick of the ball, there'll be folk having fucking heart attacks. Hopefully they just wont bother buying a ticket.

Anyway, that's my train. Rant over.

I'm 100% convinced some of our own idiot fans contributed to that result. Shouting at the players for taking an extra touch or slowing the game down at 1-0, constantly shouting at the team to push out when there was absolutely no need to or going mental over a misplaced pass. All of which are absolutely expected and understandable given the circumstances.

I've defended the home fans at time but was honestly pissed off as well with some of them and like yourself had an argument with the guy behind me. Funnily enough he wasn't even there when they scored and wasn't there to cheer the team off either.

I don't reckon there'll be too many of the seeded teams who'll want to face us either btw.

I think it’s difficult tonight because it’s obviously a great achievement getting through but tonight was a great opportunity to win well and get top spot which would have been great financially.

Tonight we were cruising then for some reason we decided to sit back and get battered for the last 30 mins. In the end we could have easily went out

To run over the top of YB for an hour and then surrender control and lose our top spot with a few minutes to go was really frustrating to be perfectly honest.

Still I can appreciate what a great achievement this is.

The gaffer is over the moon with our fantastic achievement and still some on here are moaning about tonight

Take a night off lads and enjoy our achievement
Some were born to Moan mate and will always fund something to moan about, their wife’s are delighted when they go to games or down the pub to give their ears peace.

It's a great achievement. Doubt anyone would have saw us through to the knockout stages at the start of the season. Scary thing is we could have done even better. Looking forward to the next round.

We did what we set out to achieve
And the gers did us proud, no complaints
From me a fantastic achievement

Some of our passing was woeful in the 2nd and our inability to kill off oppenents is a concern... Apart from that delighted
We have qualified from a group with 3 champions league regulars ffs. Delighted is not really enough whilst still having a dig. This is massive for us absolutely massive. Some of our passing was also very very good ffs

I was a little disappointed we didn’t top the group.. tbh.
But had a wee think back to 2012 when Whyte stood at the front door of Ibrox and put us into administration and the all shit that followed..
Look at the strides we have made. Who would have thought 7 years later we would have qualified from a group of champions league type teams.
A bit of perspective required from some.

I think it’s difficult tonight because it’s obviously a great achievement getting through but tonight was a great opportunity to win well and get top spot which would have been great financially.

Tonight we were cruising then for some reason we decided to sit back and get battered for the last 30 mins. In the end we could have easily went out

Battered :))

They only scored through a jammy OG and had 2 shots on target the whole game.

We sat in because we had the result we wanted and tried to play on the counter. I'm a dafty and even I can understand this FFS

It's great to qualify. Everything is a bonus now. With any luck we'll get Man Utd in the draw.
However, it got brutal watching us in the 2nd half. It almost looked like we were trying to give Young Boys as much help as we could. Defending deeper and deeper. Giving possession away at every opportunity, and when anything did go our way making the wrong decisions.
I'm disappointed because we finished the game poorly after starting well. We're better than we showed in that 2nd half.
Think about how far we have come first mate before posting shit like that

A great deal of immaturity and entitlement on show
Us older guys have seen more failures in Europe than successes - by a considerable margin
To get out that group is a major achievement - anyone saying otherwise is clueless
Of course there are ifs and buts and maybe we deserved better but that's what hooks you into watching football.
We have an inexperienced team and an inexperienced management. There are mistakes and lessons being learned. We are making progress, there's much to talk about and much to look forward to its a long way from losing a challenge cup final and going for a karaoke.
If as a fan you can't enjoy this then you are never going to enjoy following Rangers. You should do yourself and the rest of us a favour and find something else to fill your time.

Battered :))

They only scored through a jammy OG and had 2 shots on target the whole game.

We sat in because we had the result we wanted and tried to play on the counter. I'm a dafty and even I can understand this FFS

The result we wanted was a win and we failed. We stupidly changed a game plan that was working well and in the end we qualified by the skin of our teeth. That last min goal cost the club hundreds of 1000s.

That young boys team were terrible and we could and should have won it with a couple of goals to spare.

The gaffer is over the moon with our fantastic achievement and still some on here are moaning about tonight

Any CUUNT not happy that we are through better get the fuuk aff here coz theyre on the wrang forum.

Tarriar Arseholes.

Im delighted we got through, but a little frustrated that we’ve not been ruthless, yet again.

Finishing second is probably better for a glamour tie, but finishing first would’ve been better to possibly progress further.

Honestly don,t see what anyone has to moan about.
I don’t think anyone’s moaning as such. Not that I’ve seen anyway. Even Gerrard said he’s not going to stand there and celebrate a draw and that weren’t very good in the second half.
IMO it’s a bit tin pot to just shut up and be over the moon that we got through. It’s hardly a winning mentality.

Happy to go through, disappointed not to top the group and earn more money and a better draw.

The result we wanted was a win and we failed. We stupidly changed a game plan that was working well and in the end we qualified by the skin of our teeth. That last min goal cost the club hundreds of 1000s.

That young boys team were terrible and we could and should have won it with a couple of goals to spare.

Yip your right mate. Sell the lot of them. No where near good enough.

Yip your right mate. Sell the lot of them. No where near good enough.

At what point did I say that. I clearly said it was great we qualified but you can’t seriously be happy the way we retreated in that second half. In the end we were clinging on which was a nonsense after the way we played in the first half. Financially and for a more favourable draw we should have went for it tonight and got the win

At what point did I say that. I clearly said it was great we qualified but you can’t seriously be happy the way we retreated in that second half. In the end we were clinging on which was a nonsense after the way we played in the first half. Financially and for a more favourable draw we should have went for it tonight and got the win

We have spent peanuts on our squad (in European terms), were 4th out the pot, had as sore a kick in the balls as you can take in a single game last time out, went out & dominated the game, and got into the last 32.

Could we be better, ofcourse.

Perspective in this place though seems to have long left the vicinity..

No I ain't happy at that second half shambles. We almost somehow grabbed defeat from what looked like a comfortable win.

It's a huge achievement, I think.some are just frustrated at the amazing football we played for the first hour but only one goal to show for it.

If anyone had offered us 2nd place before a ball was kicked we would have bitten their hand off.

We were the best team in the group

Absolutely. Would have loved to have finished top. But hey, we're through.
We did deserved to top the group.

This.

Can't help but feel a wee bit disappointed.

Young Boys have robbed us home and away.

Make no misstakes in summarising here, this young boys of berne are not a bad team.

Didnae see what happened in Berne but tonight we played 60 odd minutes and looked like we might score again but the final 30 we sat back and let them come onto us more, but in the end we coped and gave them a lifeline with the OG.

Some nail biting but job done.

Progress since Progres, yer fuukin right there is.

A couple of weeks ago the consensus on FF was that the next 3 games against: Aberdeen, celtic, and YB Berne, were crucial to Rangers' season. At the conclusion of this period, the results are - 1 loss and 2 draws.

What can we deduce - if anything - from this? For me, it could so easily have been 3 wins and we'd be flying. But honestly, I feel we are 2, perhaps 3, good starting players away from being a dominant team. Right now, we are almost there, but lack that final ingredient that makes the difference between drawing and winning a game.

Obviously this issue could be addressed during the next transfer window - if the funds are available. However, there is one other nagging doubt I have about the team which cannot be rectified as simply, and that is the issue of 'mental toughness'. Collectively, does this team have a 'winners mentality' - such as Liverpool for e.g., which is an essential ingredient behind their success. Frankly, I'm not sure they currently do.

To run over the top of YB for an hour and then surrender control and lose our top spot with a few minutes to go was really frustrating to be perfectly honest.

Still I can appreciate what a great achievement this is.

This in a nutshell for me. Tomorrow I’ll feel different.

Had we scored a last minute equaliser or they had scored early in the second half and we were hanging on for 40 minutes, the mood would’ve been different.

Was shitting myself at when they scored as there was still time for them to score. Thankfully they never. Remember this is a team that were top of the group for most of it!

We were written off at the start but can’t help feel scunnert we didn’t top the group the way it panned out

Back