And still some are not happy

Not moaning,a tad pissed off we didn’t top the group and get the slightly easier draw, but bring on Man Utd.

The result we wanted was a win and we failed. We stupidly changed a game plan that was working well and in the end we qualified by the skin of our teeth. That last min goal cost the club hundreds of 1000s.

That young boys team were terrible and we could and should have won it with a couple of goals to spare.
Jesus wept. give yourself peace. This wasn’t a regulation premier league game v hamilton. they are a good team and they brought 3000 fans and were here needing a win to qualify. any result that got us through was a great one.
Some are incapable of looking at the bigger picture.

To navigate the qualifiers then that group is a great achievement, it just goes to show how much SG has lifted our expectations when we are moaning about not winning the group.

I'm pissed about the extra prize money as it could have been put to use in January, now we can look forward to the draw and no matter who it is they won't fancy us.

Can't you simultaneously be disappointed we gave up a late equalizer and first place in the group, yet still proud we made it through? I was gutted at the final whistle we had given up the chance of a seeded draw in the next round by giving up such a poor goal. Sometimes you dont see the bigger picture at the time. However, when the dust settles i'm sure their isnt one of us that isn't delighted and proud of our team they made it through. Its a game of football, you get right into it and mentally kick every ball, so I wouldnt blast people for being upset at giving up a daft goal so late. David Edgar said in his post match pod that some people also didnt realize we'd qualified.

Jesus wept. give yourself peace. This wasn’t a regulation premier league game v hamilton. they are a good team and they brought 3000 fans and were here needing a win to qualify. any result that got us through was a great one.
Some are incapable of looking at the bigger picture.

The bigger picture is that between the draw and not topping the group cost us nearly £1m in prize money. Then on top you have the fact we will probably end up with a harder draw.

As I said previously I am delighted getting through offcourse I am but tonight was a real chance against s team who looked well beatable. It was only our second half tactics that blew it

No I ain't happy at that second half shambles. We almost somehow grabbed defeat from what looked like a comfortable win.
The opposition were going for broke - it is possible to be under pressure in European competition. Do you expect us to serenely cruise through games all the way to The final?

You need to look at our run of fixtures this month and see the bigger picture. Before now we were winning games comfortably and keeping clean sheets. There’s no way that would continue this month and it’s delusional to think otherwise.

After 4 games we have 2 good results and 2 bad. If we can improve on that over the next 4 it will be a decent return on our most difficult period of the season. Come January we have a run of fixtures which I’ve no doubt will bring a run of wins.

At the start of qualifying every single one of us would have bitten they're grannies hand off to finish 2nd in this group. Some folk will always moan and never take a day off from it.

At what point did I say that. I clearly said it was great we qualified but you can’t seriously be happy the way we retreated in that second half. In the end we were clinging on which was a nonsense after the way we played in the first half. Financially and for a more favourable draw we should have went for it tonight and got the win

We went for it in Berne and ended up losing.

The bigger picture is that between the draw and not topping the group cost us nearly £1m in prize money. Then on top you have the fact we will probably end up with a harder draw.

As I said previously I am delighted getting through offcourse I am but tonight was a real chance against s team who looked well beatable. It was only our second half tactics that blew it
the bigger picture is that we got out of a group that one of Holland’s big two and swiss champions league regulars didn’t. We were given next to no chance of doing when the draw was made.

This.

Can't help but feel a wee bit disappointed.

Young Boys have robbed us home and away.
I’m disappointed aswellmate, but not unhappy and full of moans like some. That’s the 93rd and 89th minute YB have taken points off us.

To get through the qualifying and get to the group stage is a major achievement. Now to get to the last 32 out of that group was phenomenal. Yes we should have won the group but that group contained excellent teams.

At the start of qualifying every single one of us would have bitten they're grannies hand off to finish 2nd in this group. Some folk will always moan and never take a day off from it.

Totally mate.

You see Porto and Feyenoord and you think it's going to be very tough for us. Young Boys are no slouches either.

Massive achievement getting through, and a huge step forward for us!!

We went for it in Berne and ended up losing.

We didn't lose because we were pressing, we lost as a result of two bad mistakes.

YB were by far the worst team we played in the group so it's very disappointing to not finish top especially with missing out on a substantial amount of prize money & being seeded in the next round. Anybody saying otherwise is deluded.

Ibrox is absolutely toxic with some of the roasters in our support.
Unfortunately FF has become toxic too. With posters jumping to extreme conclusions, and aggressive replies. The idea anyone didn't enjoy qualification is just insane. I wonder about the mindset of some FF posters.

Some morons really need to remember we got knocked out in qualifying by a team from Luxembourg 3 years ago.

To now qualify out of a group full of European football regulars is an outstanding achievement and only losing 1 game (that we should have won).

When the draw was made nobody gave us a chance of going through, i thought we were up against it but if you look at how we haave played over the 6 games we more than deserve to go through, at times we played these teams off the park.

Just think in another 12 months how good we will be

A lot of similarities with Klopps Liverpool side who took a few seasons to get right but the signs were there into his 2nd season.

Thats not to say we cant win the league etc this season because we can

I kid you not there was some throbber in the copland rear screaming we were total shite and a disgrace....after the final whistle !!!. Because we finished 2nd in the group. takes lunacy to a new level

Not sure how the panty wetters on here coped with the run to Manchester
Every game seemed to be nerve shredding skin of the teeth stuff
Some times just enough is good enough

We didn't lose because we were pressing, we lost as a result of two bad mistakes.

YB were by far the worst team we played in the group so it's very disappointing to not finish top especially with missing out on a substantial amount of prize money & being seeded in the next round. Anybody saying otherwise is deluded.
Deluded? For being happy we qualified out a tough group which we'd all have taken at the start.

Ibrox at times drains the life out of me with some clueless moaners. Young boys were bound to have a decent spell of possession at some point in the game, its not Livingston your playing and the negativity was relentless!

Ibrox at times drains the life out of me with some clueless moaners. Young boys were bound to have a decent spell of possession at some point in the game, its not Livingston your playing and the negativity was relentless!
Its as if the opposition has no right to cross the f'@@ng half way line with some of the moaners.

Happy at not winning at home while conceding a very very late equaliser and losing one of our best players to a red card...... Why would anyone not be happy with that??? :rolleyes:

Thoroughly pleased with the overall European campaign though. We’ve over achieved on the whole.

The gaffer is over the moon with our fantastic achievement and still some on here are moaning about tonight

Take a night off lads and enjoy our achievement
Some folk are absolutely relentless with their moaning.

Within seconds of the final whistle there are threads about poor subs, poor decisions etc. – god help the people that have to live with these årseholes.
Agree completely with these posts (and so many others along these lines).

Some of the moaning and criticism is ridiculous, both on FF, and in real life.

Great achievement in getting through to the last 32 with a performance of real technical and physical quality (again).

Looking forwards to a BIG team performance against Motherwell.

Last edited:
Considering the state we were in on the field and trying to achieve financial stability off the field our two Europa Leage campaigns will probably mean more than domestic trophies to DK and the board thus far.

Europa League success has been crucial to our well being and last night feels like a bit of silverware to me. Domestic trophies must come of course, and I have no doubt they will.

Had to start in the first qualifying rounds, get through 4 of them then a group with a couple of big names to get to the last 32.
Even if we hadn't had the last 8 years I'd be chuffed with that.
Happy as Larry.

When the draw was made nobody gave us a chance of going through, i thought we were up against it but if you look at how we haave played over the 6 games we more than deserve to go through, at times we played these teams off the park.

Just think in another 12 months how good we will be

A lot of similarities with Klopps Liverpool side who took a few seasons to get right but the signs were there into his 2nd season.

Thats not to say we cant win the league etc this season because we can

This is the bit I don’t think some people fully appreciate.

We’re a work in progress. It’s only been eighteen months, just a season and a half, a mere three transfer windows, yet there’s undeniable evidence of exponential progress in that time.

It takes time for a squad to realise its full potential, to grow and build momentum through experience, and we’re doing that, and fast.

How good will we be twelve months time?

How exciting a thought is that?

We should have a separate part of the forum for all the negative moaning gits

especially the ones that start negative threads minutes after qualifying for the knockouts

Back