And the deflection begins

Some interesting points:-

1) What’s the chances of someone being in court today for what happened in George Square in May 2021? That timing is spooky. The article appeared first thing today, Monday morning too, around 10am. That is amazingly quick writing turnaround if he appeared in court this morning. Which leads onto point 2…..

2) No Glasgow court rolls publicly available for this week, as far as I can see. And wouldn’t the courts be closed for a bank holiday? I am thinking this may have occurred last week, or even earlier, and they have held the story back until today, for deflection purposes.

3) Why use an unrelated stock photo to give a far worse impression of what happened in 2021, when they have plenty others available?

4) Lastly, is this the same journo that does all these court pieces?

1) What’s the chances of someone being in court today for what happened in George Square in May 2021? That timing is spooky. The article appeared first thing today, Monday morning too, around 10am. That is amazingly quick writing turnaround if he appeared in court this morning. Which leads onto point 2…..

2) No Glasgow court rolls publicly available for this week, as far as I can see. And wouldn’t the courts be closed for a bank holiday? I am thinking this may have occurred last week, or even earlier, and they have held the story back until today, for deflection purposes.

3) Why use an unrelated stock photo to give a far worse impression of what happened in 2021, when they have plenty others available?

Bank holiday today too so were the courts even sitting?

EDIT: Courts were sitting today but a quick scan of the rolls for Glasgow Sheriff Court today shows that there was nobody by the name of the accused in court today which makes the timing of publication even more blatant an attempt to deflect from their misdemeanours. Unfortunately search on the Scottish courts website is down (conveniently) so can’t see when he was in court.

Last edited:

Brilliant post.

Get these bastards voted out, it's that simple.
Easier said than done.
If you're a single mother, or long term unemployed etc, there's no harm in a shot to nothing voting for independence. If things can't get any worse for you, you'll gamble.
You also have the 19th Century Terrorist element who, mostly, not all despise England/UK. You have Scottish folk who hate England. More votes.
You've got young team who think it's trendy to be a Nat. And young folk are buying the it's aw Westminsters fault stuff.
And you've got the wealthy, and the famous, who can gamble for it, as their money protects them from the financial hits which would come. Cunts like Capaldi, Nutini, Frankie Boyle etc, can take any financial punches that may arrive. And then you have folk who are just plain brain-dead and have no real clue about anything. Voting SNP.
Tall order when you've got these folk to convince.

Police scotland,SNP & GCC have all had their warning,this is most likely going to happen again at weekend,when they will probably do their treble.
Lets see if police scotlands riot squad turn out.

EDIT: Courts were sitting today but a quick scan of the rolls for Glasgow Sheriff Court today shows that there was nobody by the name of the accused in court today which makes the timing of publication even more blatant an attempt to deflect from their misdemeanours. Unfortunately search on the Scottish courts website is down (conveniently) so can’t see when he was in court.

Yep, looks as if the journo has sat on this until today.

I don’t think we truly understand the machinations going on in this country behind the scenes, with regards Celtic, the Catholic Church, and the SNP. It’s next level stuff. This article is just a very small snippet of what we are up against.

Mate you should start a thread on this, it'll get missed by a lot of people stuck in here.
It looks like it was over a week ago the guy was up at court.
The journalist is a celtic fan.

So following on from the 19th century terrorists wrecking (again) of historical buildings, fighting in the streets, stabbing a and generally being themselves on Saturday the deflection machine is in full swing & the Evening Times has a story about our celebrations 2 years ago. Sure it’ll be the same when they have another effort at wrecking the city centre this weekend.
The Evening Times KNEW.

Mate you should start a thread on this, it'll get missed by a lot of people stuck in here.
I contacted the journo 11 hrs ago when I saw this online and told him ,we knew his game and could see it was a deflection tactic from him to take away from Connor's fellow Celtic fans thuggery on Saturday

Last edited:

Guys like him are small potatoes in the big scheme of things, as is the headline itself. The fact they used that random photo ‘outs’ the article for what it is, a timely but minor hatchet job. He is a freelance court journalist feeding off scraps for the tabloids, and I couldn’t think of a worse way to earn a living. But his card has been marked, for future reference.

The bigger issue is the silence from GCC and the SNP hierarchy, and fortunately there are plenty folk raising the subject. Last year the press had to be cajoled into bringing the costs and damage into the public domain, but I think some of them will be more on the ball this year with regards asking questions, rather than having to be spoon fed again.

The media are trying to spin the narrative to minor " litter " and " disruption " issues, and not the widespread mayhem that actually occurred.
Just like the Royston Gala day all those years ago residents where helmed in their houses for a whole weekend while they ran riot,stabbings,fighting,robbing all sanctioned by GCC they even gave them a cherry picker and workers for their disposal.My cousin was a serving officer in Baird Street at the time and told me all about it,it’s unbelievable how they constantly have their rotten rancid Supporters behaviour airbrushed from History.

Just like the Royston Gala day all those years ago residents where helmed in their houses for a whole weekend while they ran riot,stabbings,fighting,robbing all sanctioned by GCC they even gave them a cherry picker and workers for their disposal.My cousin was a serving officer in Baird Street at the time and told me all about it,it’s unbelievable how they constantly have their rotten rancid Supporters behaviour airbrushed from History.

I remember it well, mate. Imagine the reaction from Humza Useless tonight if Rangers fans had vandalised a famous Glasgow listed building at Glasgow Cross, not once, but twice in 2 years.? Not once in his statement regarding the peasants mayhem has he mentioned the violence at the Trongate.

This tattoo from the article is a beauty!!! Looks like half the players have shit themselves.

16827461.jpg
His boyfriend / priest can fantasise about the Hoops when he’s doing what comes naturally! (to them)

Not sure how true it is but was informed that two Glasgow hospitals had to close their A&E because of the amount of referrals due to the violence that occurred that night.

I saw an article earlier where a shopkeeper was seriously worried about his staff getting out and getting home without being hurt. He was also worried about damage to his shop. There was a right mess outside after.

Someone has said that the club should be billed for the clear up job.

At least our celebration was mostly well away from residential properties and shops.

Has Glasgow City Council issued any statement condemning the breaking into of the Mercat Cross building, for the SECOND SUCCESSIVE YEAR?

And Police Scotland officers mill about doing the square root of eff all, endorsing this criminal behaviour.

But as ever, nothing will come of this flagrant law breaking.

Well done on taking the time to expose this quite sinister attempt to delude.

That article looks like a a case of the real editor having the Bank Holiday off, and the scum taking advantage

They're usually a bit more subtle than that

My brother in law stays in the merchant city and some manky bastard shat round his back and use the sleeve off his shirt that was drying to wipe their arse.

Schum
Read on Twitter that one resident got the crap kicked out of him by 4 Tims, they'd booted in the security door and one of them was taking a shite when the resident walked in to the close and caught them.

On a similar note.
My brother stays next to Hampden, when the Tims played Hibs in the League Cup Final a couple of years ago my nephew went to go across the road to the shop and got jumped on by half a dozen Celtic fans, 2 girls included, as soon as he left the close. He's not a big football fan but like my brother would support Celtic but he got jumped because he was wearing a blue top. The lad does Strongmen competitions so he's a very big lad but the surrounded him like a pack and took turns in jumping in from the back to take a punch and kick at him. My brother heard it and ran down and stood in the middle with him, both taking a few hits. It only stopped when a traffic warden jumped in and called for assistance

G
So following on from the 19th century terrorists wrecking (again) of historical buildings, fighting in the streets, stabbing a and generally being themselves on Saturday the deflection machine is in full swing & the Evening Times has a story about our celebrations 2 years ago. Sure it’ll be the same when they have another effort at wrecking the city centre this weekend.
Glasgow times is a scum website.

Back