Andre Gray - anyone ITK?

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
Now it seems to me that a lot of £££££ would be required to prise away a regular EPL starter!!

Heard this rumour twice though and from separate sources.

Pure nonsense surely?!

ID 10 has already written in his blog that it is true. That said, people do have to remember that "us being interested" does not mean that his club and the player are.

A lot will probably depend on who goes and how much money will be available.

Speaking of which, kind of interesting that a couple of days before the OF game we have reports saying Marseille want Alfredo for 15m or something and now that the game is done, there is no talk whatsoever. Unesttling a player springs to mind, even though he did not play from the off.

We get these rumours every year. They’re usually confirmed by ITK posters every year too.

It’s fun to speculate and I really appreciate them offering up names, but reality tells us it’s nonsense. Gray is going to be this year’s Lucas Leiva, van Persie, Nani, Berahino or Abraham.

Hope we stay well clear of Wellbeck, injury prone and not very good! Gray would be unreal
My sentiments exactly mate, not the biggest fan of welbeck. I don't doubt he'd score goals but not he's not as good a player as we currently have in Alfie.

We get these rumours every year. They’re usually confirmed by ITK posters every year too.

It’s fun to speculate and I really appreciate them offering up names, but reality tells us it’s nonsense. Gray is going to be this year’s Lucas Leiva, van Persie, Nani, Berahino or Abraham.

You missed Alan Smith.

I assume it would have to be a loan deal with Watford agreeing to pay a percentage of his wages? Would be a great signing and a real statement of intent.

It we’re looking at players like this we need to be bringing in serious cash from players to fund it.

Otherwise this is quite frightening.

He has had 1 prolific season and although I would welcome him, the money for him is questionable.

I would be more interested in the striker from Helsinki

Danny Welbeck would be a great player IF fully fit, however injuries have ruined his career club and country. I see he has 42 caps and 16 goals for England. Only made 88 appearances for Arsenal over 4 years scoring 18 goals. Personally i wouldnt take the risk unless pay as you play or very cheap wages.

Me, I am the 4lads page & the link was first brought out by Chris Jack

Yes it’s true

Will it happen? Bit bonkers in my humble opinion but least we are shopping in that range

things like this do seem bonkers but we have to remember the 1 thing we have no one in scotland does and thats Steven Gerrard. the best selling point for any player is to work with him

Andre Gray is a cracking player. He's strong, powerful, explosive and knows where the net is. I'll be extremely surprised if we get him.

As for Welbeck, no thanks. His history with injuries puts me right off him.

Can’t see us having our 2 main strikers as loanees, one coming to the end of his career & the other no chance of getting permanent.

Super player though.

I'll be amazed if we can pull this off; surely too much money required. First team regular with 3 years left on his current deal. They signed him from Burnley 2 years ago for £18.5m with only 12 months of his contract left to run.

All it is is speculation that’s what makes it fun

Last year I blogged interest in Lucas, Defoe & Skrtel

Well Defoe arrived later & Skrtel scenario is up for debate

Speculation is all part of the fun

I have no doubts when we do move maybe one name will be known or have been mentioned, but majority will be done quickly & quietly especially if foreign

I enjoy the speculation and rumour, it’s what makes it fun, but that’s all it is :D

Totally agree, and enjoy it as well.

Everything should be taken with a pinch of salt; as it is intended. Hopefully people can remember that, instead of getting disappointed or making crazily bold statements online because it was mentioned in a blog once.

A guy made a post on here a couple of days ago that really should have had a question mark at the end of it. When pushed, its declaration was because his mate in the pub told him.

someone from the 4lads page has confirmed there is genuine interest from rangers in both gray and welbeck
Really not sure about Welbeck,just like Sturridge,far too injury prone and nowhere near Morelos standard,getting on now as well,is he not.

Really not sure about Welbeck,just like Sturridge,far too injury prone and nowhere near Morelos standard,getting on now as well,is he not.

have to agree with welbeck fitness but if he is fully fit he would run riot for us IMO a think hes a smashing striker. been very unlucky tho with fitness and for me a wouldnt want to risk that move. gray tho would be statement so weel have to wait and see mate

Would love it to happen but Don't think it will, just a rumour but heard cardiff are wanting him now that warnock is staying

All it is is speculation that’s what makes it fun

Last year I blogged interest in Lucas, Defoe & Skrtel

Well Defoe arrived later & Skrtel scenario is up for debate

Speculation is all part of the fun

I have no doubts when we do move maybe one name will be known or have been mentioned, but majority will be done quickly & quietly especially if foreign

I enjoy the speculation and rumour, it’s what makes it fun, but that’s all it is :D

Give us some names, you know you want to. ;)

Why? No one cares as long as we pump filth and win silverware.
I can’t see us investing in a recruitment team & our two main strikers are on loan from down south. Short termism that could be achieved without a recruitment team.

Gray would be a quality signing hopefully we can pull it off.

As for Welbeck he's lost some pace but if he can stay fit and clear of injury we have a very good player on our hands although he would have to take some pay cut to join he is on more than £100,000 a week at Arsenal so I can't really see it happening mainly due to financial reasons more than anything else.

Gray would be a quality signing hopefully we can pull it off.

As for Welbeck he's lost some pace but if he can stay fit and clear of injury we have a very good player on our hands although he would have to take some pay cut to join he is on more than £100,000 a week at Arsenal so I can't really see it happening mainly due to financial reasons more than anything else.

He's unemployed in 6 weeks....

Can’t see us having our 2 main strikers as loanees, one coming to the end of his career & the other no chance of getting permanent.

Super player though.

Not such a bad move if we're intent on the likes of Rudden, Mebude or McPake eventually stepping in. Gives them time to develop a bit more without spending too much on a striker they would be stuck behind for a while.

Reactions: cav
I love the speculation also. I remember back in the day been linked with Ronaldo the fat Brazilian in his prime Ronaldo, Bergkamp. Juwst because you do not sign these guys does not mean its not fun at the time. We ended up with that Russian dumpling from the world cup who was slower than Kevin Kyle.

Back