Andre Gray - anyone ITK?

He's unemployed in 6 weeks....

I know but at his age he knows he will need to take a hefty cut in wages and I suspect a club will give him near what his Arsenal wage is a free transfer or not no way will he look for our kind of high wage when he will easily get double or triple it down south.

Not such a bad move if we're intent on the likes of Rudden, Mebude or McPake eventually stepping in. Gives them time to develop a bit more without spending too much on a striker they would be stuck behind for a while.
A very good point.

I love the speculation also. I remember back in the day been linked with Ronaldo the fat Brazilian in his prime Ronaldo, Bergkamp. Juwst because you do not sign these guys does not mean its not fun at the time. We ended up with that Russian dumpling from the world cup who was slower than Kevin Kyle.
If inter hadnt come in we woulda had fat Ronaldo due to Nike with their crazy contract they were cutting with the club

Would love gray he could easily be a leading striker for any of the 6-20pl teams. I woulda said his first season at Burnley he could even have gotten into the liverpool or Chelsea first team back then. Even if we don't get him it's good to know the club are looking at this calibre of player

Abr
We get these rumours every year. They’re usually confirmed by ITK posters every year too.

It’s fun to speculate and I really appreciate them offering up names, but reality tells us it’s nonsense. Gray is going to be this year’s Lucas Leiva, van Persie, Nani, Berahino or Abraham.[/QUOTE

Abraham almost happened mate,it was the loan fee that was felt to be too steep so we bought Joe Garner with the money instead.

Crazy decision in hindsight.

He has had 1 prolific season and although I would welcome him, the money for him is questionable.

I would be more interested in the striker from Helsinki
Vertainen has had zero prolific seasons. Looked decent against us but thats about the story of his season so far.

If Wellbeck is out of contract and willing to take a dip in wages, quite a dip in wages then I would take a chance on him. Andre Gray, I can't see happening unless Watford are letting him go on loan for some bizarre reason.

From the Arfield and Davids Ladbrokes interview I remember Arfield suggesting realistic targets. 1 was Danny Ings who is on loan at Southampton from Liverpool and the other was Andre Gray.

If Morelos leaves for a good fee, i'd be happy with both of them up front next season. Not impossible. :))

Quite frightening that fans aren’t interested in holding anyone accountable / to review for things like this.

Your pants must be constantly sodding if youre anything in real life like you are on here. Hysterical.

To answer your question most fans have total trust in our board now with King at the helm.

Your pants must be constantly sodding if youre anything in real life like you are on here. Hysterical.

To answer your question most fans have total trust in our board now with King at the helm.

From what I gather it was only a minority who didn’t trust the Murray regime and look how that turned out.

And I have a great deal of trust and gratitude to King and the board, I just want to make absolutely sure we’re not taking too much risk.

no danger am I getting my hopes up we will sign him (even on a loan). He's a phenomenal, well established EPL player at his peak. Can't see it happening at all.

I didn’t say that, your imagining things.

I just want us to be careful and not risk our improving financial health to stop the Yahoos.

If we do sign Gray, and I realise its a big if, that's about 6 or 7 of our last signings costing us 0 in fees. Our financial wellbeing will not unduly suffer imo continuing this transfer/loan policy.

Edit; 50k not 0

Last edited:
Back