Andre Gray

Trueblueal

Andre Gray and Maja to replace Alfie please.

I remember when Burnley pumped us a few years back, Arfield and Grey were the standouts.

I know it was a while ago but I think he’d do a job for us.
They were but I'd temper that by saying we had an unfit Clint Hill and a fully fit but fully terrible Rob Kiernan at centre back.

Gray was rapid and powerful in those days. If he still has that great. Not happening though so entirely irrelevant in my opinion

supersonic

Official Ticketer
I don't get the "Watford sub" comment.

Kent was a Liverpool under 23 player, Goldson couldn't get a game for Brighton, Hagi wasn't a guaranteed starter for Genk. They are three of our most important players.

Some players find themselves out of favour with their manager and it's not always down to ability or lack of.
You never will get it. Because it's not an issue and it's just excuses for people. It's the same as the relegation argument. Ake to Man City. Robertson to Liverpool. Zungu to Rangers. No difference

supersonic

Official Ticketer
I made the Watford sub comment.
We were told when Gray left Brentford that he was the next big thing. He wasn't,isn't and never will be.
He's as bang average as they come and had he been operating in any other country he'd be worth max £2m.

As regards Kent, this is a big big season for him. He didn't cut it,for me last season. I know this is tantamount to sacrilege on here but that's how I see it. Hagi, I rate, as long as he's played in the correct role in behind a striker. He has the imagination that Ryan Kent lacks.
"We were told" is another classic I see on here. Who told us and who is "us"?

supersonic

Official Ticketer
Narrow inside/wide forwards not touchline hugging wingers. Skov in particular is suited to us. His goals cutting in and getting shots away are impressive. Scores from range too.
With Hagi taking this position is just dont see him or Kerk being targeted. Wonder if theres a loan deal to be had on Skov

supersonic

Official Ticketer
Maybe. I'd rather hoped Hagi was playing there until we secured a right sided forward then he'd play behind, advanced in the central 3
Me too. However it seems we are sticking wit a midfield 3 and Aribo playing advanced. So I just cant see it, although I think we need to be flexible

trueblue77

He proved himself as an Elite championship striker and scored 9 in his first season in the premier League with Burnley which is very good for a newly promoted side.
The question is whether Watford was just a bad fit or if he's lost all his ability. I'd say the former is more likely.
It might be nothing to do with form, and everything to do with the wrong attitude.

Recoba

Official Ticketer
With Hagi taking this position is just dont see him or Kerk being targeted. Wonder if theres a loan deal to be had on Skov
I dont think we can rely on Hagi and Kent to play every game in their positions and never go out of form, Kent has shown his form can fall of a cliff pretty easily and quickly.

We need another player for those positions to create proper competition and push one another.

We can't stop with Kent and Hagi and think that's the best we are going to get.

BlueBeatts

Regardless wether Gray hit it off in the EPL or not, the championship which he conquered is much higher standard than the SPL and he’s used to a higher level of standard in the leagues he’s played in. He’ll do just fine if he does come here. He’s not a past it journeyman like we’ve had before that hasn’t worked out. He’ll be hungry to come here and win. Gerrard wouldn’t allow him to come here unless he was willing to give it 100%.

Tagsbear

If, big if, Gray could find form again he would be an incredible signing, mental to think otherwise, but I’ve no idea whats happened to him at Watford.