Andre Gray

He won't be signing for us . His wages are too high , Watford would want a fair sized fee and he is 29 so very unlikely we would ever get much of the fee back. I would expect any player we sign and pay any sizeable fee for to be a much younger player.

That would put him on £42k a week. Still outwith or reach unless it’s a loan with Watford paying a large slice of his wage.
You know me mate I just made a rough estimate :)) FWIW I don’t think the wages he would command would be worth it.

Not convinced by this it's similar to the Maric rumours all of a sudden we are being linked with players from two years ago which I find suspicious.

I don't buy it happy to be proved wrong though.

Would be a good signing.
But how that work if our season is about to start and I would imagine the player is geared up for an end of season break.?

Would be a good signing.
But how that work if our season is about to start and I would imagine the player is geared up for an end of season break.?
I actually don’t think I’ve seen him play. Beyond two mins of highlights.

what makes him a good signing?

For me, his stats are not impressive

Would be a good signing.

Depends how much he wants to play football. Not really featured much for Watford with Sarr and Welbeck playing either side of Deeney mostly.

He has plenty power and pace and could be a terrific player for us imo.

In the last few years several names appear to be ‘popular’ on here

Gray being one. Solanke being another. Many others also.

We are selling ourselves way short.

Gray was a fantasy loan signing that never materialised despite many thinking it was a goer same with Solanke we got told time and time by folk on here it was gonna happen and it didn't.

On the day Morelos is touted for a big money out pops names from a while back.

It's pure guess work especially when the media are touting the same names likewise on social media.

Don't think Watford utilised him properly at all, they have zero footballing identity whatsoever.
He is a million miles off that level. They gave him plenty chances and he was rotten. Even against Tranmere in the cup.

The Andre Gray of 3 years ago would be a good signing. The 2020 Andre Gray has been miles off it for a good while now.

I don’t know what you think the best way to utilise him is these days as he is pretty limited technically, but previously when he had bags of pace he played off the shoulder - he has lost that pace & also couldn’t play like that here anyway.

Strange one that I’d hope isn’t true.

Fair to say Watford fans not so impressed with him
@DanielOwens1979: While relegation is obviously disappointing, I’m ok with it. It happens.

However, if Andre Gray is still robbing a living at my football club in September I will be fuming. Get him out. #watfordfc

@TBBodell: Not great for Andre Gray when two central midfielders, neither of which carry any goal threat, and teenage rookie João Pedro are preferred.

#WatfordFC #ARSWAT

He is a million miles off that level. They gave him plenty chances and he was rotten. Even against Tranmere in the cup.

The Andre Gray of 3 years ago would be a good signing. The 2020 Andre Gray has been miles off it for a good while now.
Not saying they didn't give him chances, just don't think they used him right. I think there is a good chance he could recover that form up here, it is a gamble though so I wouldn't sign him as Morelos direct replacement. More as that 2nd striker we were already after. All depends on fee also, a loan with an option to buy would be far more beneficial for us but doubt Watford would agree to that.

They will probably be happy to meet us in the middle, similar to the Defoe deal. Depends how desperate they are to get shot of a high wage earner.
True, if it this that sort of deal then it indicates we would have another permanent striker coming in (if Alfie leaves).

Don't think Watford utilised him properly at all, they have zero footballing identity whatsoever.

I've watched them a few times this year. Any striker would struggle playing for them.

Just aimlessly lob it up the pitch and don't even challenge for second balls well. Completely bereft of ideas.

For what it's worth, I think Gray would suit playing in Scottish football and for a team who creates chances.

I've watched them a few times this year. Any striker would struggle playing for them.

Just aimlessly lob it up the pitch and don't even challenge for second balls well. Completely bereft of ideas.

For what it's worth, I think Gray would suit playing in Scottish football and for a team who creates chances.
Every striker in the world suits playing for a team who creates chances.

Gray isn’t a good finisher, he is in that Morelos catagory where he doesn’t strike the ball very cleanly and if you give him time it actually gets harder for him.

I wonder if he has bulked up at Watford and that has had a -ve impact on his speed .

Can that be reversed , anyone know about such things ?

Please God no.

Honestly think he would be like Barton was up here. No real motivation as earned few quid, lost his main asset pace and someone who would struggle in the goldfish bowl of Glasgow.

Really hope this isn't true

mentally challengeds look like they’re gettin Ajeti on loan from West Ham. We’d be better off with him.

I actually don’t think I’ve seen him play. Beyond two mins of highlights.

what makes him a good signing?

For me, his stats are not impressive
Didn’t realise he still has two years still to run on his contract at Watford.
So definitely wouldn’t splash Alfie’s money on him. ( if it happens)
It would need to suit our budget.
He’s definitely a talented player but I appreciate his stats in the last couple of years don’t back my argument up.
New challenges at a massive club and of course working under Gerrard could be the incentive he needs.

At the risk of turning FF into Weightwatchers again, Gray has looked a bit heavy to me for a while.

If theres anything in it that is

The media in Scotland don’t know anything mate, the only stories they have had regarding Rangers transfers recently have came from foreign journalists on twitter :D

They’ll be happy to get a story off of an ITK poster

At the risk of turning FF into Weightwatchers again, Gray has looked a bit heavy to me for a while.

0_Andre-Gray.jpg

The media in Scotland don’t know anything mate, the only stories they have had regarding Rangers transfers recently have came from foreign journalists on twitter :D

They’ll be happy to get a story off of an ITK poster
Is he an ITK poster?

Not convinced of this one,for the wage we'd be paying,we could get someone in far more mobile as we need pace ,which any time I've seen him,he doesn't have and seems a bit laboured from the glimpses of him I've seen.

Back