Andre Gray

Every striker in the world suits playing for a team who creates chances.

Gray isn’t a good finisher, he is in that Morelos catagory where he doesn’t strike the ball very cleanly and if you give him time it actually gets harder for him.

Joey Garner and Franny Jeffers never.

0_Andre-Gray.jpg
I looked like that for a while, but wife put me on to slimfast, and since then, I have noticed a great difference

He’s at that age, 29 where he should be established at a team and being the main man. Can only imagine he’s frustrated at playing 2nd and 3rd fiddle to Deeney and being papped on the wing on the sporadic appearances he has had.

An Andre Grey with a bit between his teeth has the potential to destroy Scotland in all honesty.

On his day, he’s a brilliant striker.

mentally challengeds look like they’re gettin Ajeti on loan from West Ham. We’d be better off with him.

if they sign Ajeti and we get Grey, advantage them. If Grey happens, I hope it’s just a precursor to a better signing. And if Ajeti is available, I’ve no idea why we are not in on him and would pass up a young striker one season removed from scoring for fun in favour of a 29 year old who hasn’t performed in five years.

Andre Gray would thrive playing through the middle with players like Kent, Aribo and Hagi around him.

Sadly I don't think it's true due to financial reasons, but I'd like to be wrong. Both him and Roofe would be tremendous signings.

Are you attempting to have a go at me because you described a striker as someone who would suit playing for a team that makes chances.

Superb.:D:D Goodnight son.

There's some strikers who still struggle in a dominant side. We've had a few of them. I think Gray would be better suited to playing for a team like us than he is at a club like Watford in the position they've been in the last few years.

It's your choice to be a pedant about that even on the back of a joke.

Fair to say Watford fans not so impressed with him
@DanielOwens1979: While relegation is obviously disappointing, I’m ok with it. It happens.

However, if Andre Gray is still robbing a living at my football club in September I will be fuming. Get him out. #watfordfc

@TBBodell: Not great for Andre Gray when two central midfielders, neither of which carry any goal threat, and teenage rookie João Pedro are preferred.

#WatfordFC #ARSWAT

He got dropped after breaking the lockdown curfew about a month ago. No idea if that's continued to keep him out of the squad.

The main question is over attitude and application. If he comes thinking he's too good for Scottish football then he'll struggle. The last thing we need is someone on a big salary with a poor attitude.

I think Andre Gray is fine if your also then bringing in another young, hungry striker.

Gray and Defoe do not have age on their side.

Kenny Miller was the same age as Gray when he signed for us the second time around. He was one of our most effective players in that successful period and if Gray helps us win one league title never mind three his age is completely irrelevant.

Don’t know much about this guy apart from he’s married to one of the members of little minx and he’s 29 and currently on 70 grand a week . Unless he’s a philanthropist he won’t be coming here even on our top wage which is under 40k a week .

Not sure about this one would rather see someone with a better goal scoring record come in even if it’s from a smaller league

He'd be great for us but his last transfer fee was around £18 million. Would be very surpised if we signed him considering we'll still be looking to bring in a few other players as well

Being honest though, no EPL team is bidding for Gray.

So, why wouldn’t you fancy a stab at European football, playing for Gerrard and having Defoe work with you on a daily basis?

He’s not getting £70k a week in the championship. We could easily offer him £35k a week.

Not saying he’s the right signing, but I wouldn’t laugh it off as unrealistic.

We need to be looking for the next Morelos, i dont mean an exact copy but young, hungry with potential and plenty of sell on value. I feel players like this are a waste of resources and he would no doubt want a hefty wage.

If we were to do this a loan with an option to buy would be ideal or a one year deal to make sure he is worth it first and we arent lumbered with someone on a hefty wedge for 3-4 years

IF this happens, he will receive my full backing as I give to all incoming players.

But at this moment, the way his career has panned out so far, I have James Beattie, Franny Jeffers and Egil Ostenstad levels of fear running through my head.

Come in and prove me wrong Andre....

Got to love Follow Follow. The guy has had totally limited minutes in recent seasons (averaging 18 minutes a game this season), but the experts on here just happened to watch every Watford game in great detail to catch those minutes.

Would be a excellent signing a good all round striker,only question for me is if he still has the hunger.
Gray and Roofe would be just fine with me.

The Andre Gray from Burnley was a cracking player. Would take him in a heartbeat. Dont know what has happened at Watford & their fans hate him. Strange one but defo worth a gamble if the money is right

Preferably I’d like to see us go for someone who has sell on potential in 3 years or so, however I get the thinking if they want someone who had a bit of experience and could hit the ground running.

Back