Andre Gray

Good god people turning up their nose a proven EPL striker like gray yet are happy to sign guys like Kamberi, if we keep gray fit and happy he will destroy the SPL with ease.

I don't get the "Watford sub" comment.

Kent was a Liverpool under 23 player, Goldson couldn't get a game for Brighton, Hagi wasn't a guaranteed starter for Genk. They are three of our most important players.

Some players find themselves out of favour with their manager and it's not always down to ability or lack of.
With Gray, it is.

Good god people turning up their nose a proven EPL striker like gray yet are happy to sign guys like Kamberi, if we keep gray fit and happy he will destroy the SPL with ease.
Genuine question, what would you define as proven?. A guy who has played a bit at that level or a guy who has done well at that level ?.

Aye because the quality of a player is dictated by transfer fee, and there have never been any examples of over priced shite in the market, ever.

Solanke went to Bournemouth for approximately £20 million having scored 0 goals for Chelsea with 0 appearances, 7 goals in 25 for vitesse, before banging in an almighty 1 goal in 21 appearances for Liverpool.

On recent form, Andre Gray at 29 years old is absolutely not what is required and after struggling badly with injuries the jury is out on whether he has anything left in the tank given that his biggest attribute was pace which is now absolutely non-existent.
If you check out Watford f forum they believe he has lost his pace and is nowhere near the player he was 3 years ago.

Genuine question, what would you define as proven?. A guy who has played a bit at that level or a guy who has done well at that level.
He proved himself as an Elite championship striker and scored 9 in his first season in the premier League with Burnley which is very good for a newly promoted side.
The question is whether Watford was just a bad fit or if he's lost all his ability. I'd say the former is more likely.

He proved himself as an Elite championship striker and scored 9 in his first season in the premier League with Burnley which is very good for a newly promoted side.
The question is whether Watford was just a bad fit or if he's lost all his ability. I'd say the former is more likely.
I agree, we will need to wait and see. Whilst i don't necessarily rate him very highly, the proper due diligence will have been done by the club so if he signs then o'm confident he will be a success.

Kent was a Liverpool under 23 player, Goldson couldn't get a game for Brighton, Hagi wasn't a guaranteed starter for Genk. They are three of our most important players.

Some players find themselves out of favour with their manager and it's not always down to ability or lack of.
I made the Watford sub comment.
We were told when Gray left Brentford that he was the next big thing. He wasn't,isn't and never will be.
He's as bang average as they come and had he been operating in any other country he'd be worth max £2m.

As regards Kent, this is a big big season for him. He didn't cut it,for me last season. I know this is tantamount to sacrilege on here but that's how I see it. Hagi, I rate, as long as he's played in the correct role in behind a striker. He has the imagination that Ryan Kent lacks.

Transfer fee and we would need to make him highest paid player at club. For that outlay you'd need close as you can get in football to a guaranteed 25/30 a season. For me there's nothing to say he will get you those numbers. Loan for a season fine. Permanent not for me.

Genuine question, what would you define as proven?. A guy who has played a bit at that level or a guy who has done well at that level ?.

The guy was a top level championship striker came up with Burnley and scored 10/11 goals in the first season in the epl , Watford has been a bad move for him but he’s more than good enough to Tear up the spl.

Surely no way this could be permanent. Don't get me wrong Burnley are my English team so I paid close attention to him then and the guy was an absolute monster for them. However, it is clear he has had a downturn in his time with Watford.

I'd have been happy enough with an initial loan and paying a % of the wage. A permanent deal if there is any significant fee seems far too much a risk and a massive departure from our strategy under Gerrard.

Transfer fee and we would need to make him highest paid player at club. For that outlay you'd need close as you can get in football to a guaranteed 25/30 a season. For me there's nothing to say he will get you those numbers. Loan for a season fine. Permanent not for me.

If - stress if - we are signing Gray I cannot see us paying a transfer fee. More likely he will get a pay-off from Watford that makes him a free agent. He then bags a big signing-on fee from us of course. You'd have to believe he could get more down South so, if he's coming, its because he fancies it rather than money.

On his day a very good striker in my view. Like most, I've not seen much of him recently though.

Looks like he's not in his prime though.
The key Q is does he fit the roles we would have available , it’s the same Q for every signing isn’t it .

I’m not aware of any physical failure period he has had in the last 12 months I’d thought he was simply deselected / benched .

The guy was a top level championship striker came up with Burnley and scored 10/11 goals in the first season in the epl , Watford has been a bad move for him but he’s more than good enough to Tear up the spl.
He had one great season in the championship with Burnley, his season at Brentford was similar to that of Waghorn's at Ipswich. I'm sceptical, but as I've said if the club take him then the proper research will have been done. Players who have done well in England have struggled in Scotland, so i refrain from using the "he'd score goals for fun here" idea. Personally, i don't see it happening but if it does i'm confident in the recruitment team.

I can't believe this thread has reached 16 pages.

Such a lazy attempt at trolling using a name suggested last season.

It's also very easy to lose your way at a club like Watford they have a new manager each season implementing a new system and he might just not fit in. They have also sent though some amount on strikers in the last 2/3 season which says more about Watford than it does Gray. I personally think the ability is still here it's the hunger I'd question does he really want it. Is he hungry to score goals again and be part of something successful.

Think he used to play for Wycombe when I lived nearby in Marlow, if I remember correctly.
He had some Headbangers as mates . Hopefully he has grown up since then.
Just raised this with a Watford ST holder I know. Sorry to say he confirms that he is indeed a wrong un and keeps unsavoury company.
Doesn’t bode well :confused:

If you check out Watford f forum they believe he has lost his pace and is nowhere near the player he was 3 years ago.

If fans from the outside looked in on this forum for opinions on our players they could be the best player in Scotland or a total dud ranging from week to week depending on how our results have been going.

In short, forums are full of loonballs. Many who don't actually have a clue about football and are the hardcore element of their particular club with the most extreme views on players.

Andre Gray and Maja to replace Alfie please.

I remember when Burnley pumped us a few years back, Arfield and Grey were the standouts.

I know it was a while ago but I think he’d do a job for us.

Andre Gray and Maja to replace Alfie please.

I remember when Burnley pumped us a few years back, Arfield and Grey were the standouts.

I know it was a while ago but I think he’d do a job for us.

They were but I'd temper that by saying we had an unfit Clint Hill and a fully fit but fully terrible Rob Kiernan at centre back.

Gray was rapid and powerful in those days. If he still has that great. Not happening though so entirely irrelevant in my opinion

You never will get it. Because it's not an issue and it's just excuses for people. It's the same as the relegation argument. Ake to Man City. Robertson to Liverpool. Zungu to Rangers. No difference

I made the Watford sub comment.
We were told when Gray left Brentford that he was the next big thing. He wasn't,isn't and never will be.
He's as bang average as they come and had he been operating in any other country he'd be worth max £2m.

As regards Kent, this is a big big season for him. He didn't cut it,for me last season. I know this is tantamount to sacrilege on here but that's how I see it. Hagi, I rate, as long as he's played in the correct role in behind a striker. He has the imagination that Ryan Kent lacks.
"We were told" is another classic I see on here. Who told us and who is "us"?

Narrow inside/wide forwards not touchline hugging wingers. Skov in particular is suited to us. His goals cutting in and getting shots away are impressive. Scores from range too.
With Hagi taking this position is just dont see him or Kerk being targeted. Wonder if theres a loan deal to be had on Skov

With Hagi taking this position is just dont see him or Kerk being targeted. Wonder if theres a loan deal to be had on Skov
He's been playing a lot recently for Bologna in comparison to first half of the season, he doesn't suit the wing back position though.

Maybe. I'd rather hoped Hagi was playing there until we secured a right sided forward then he'd play behind, advanced in the central 3

Back