Andre Villas Boas wants fifa to retire the number 10 from the professional game

Two Scudettos with Napoli (No Southern team had ever won a Scudetto) a UEFA cup, and more.

But more to the point Italia 90

Maradona with Canniga and nine other plodders, dragged Argentina to the World Cup Final, beating Brazil and host Nation Italy on the way.

Sorry but Messi couldn't do that.

Maradona was the best player on the planet then, and we were lucky to see his excellent buddy Canniga at Ibrox as well.

You've said Messi couldn't lace his boots. It's just nonsense.

Once the hysteria of his death dies down most people will likely have Messi ahead of Maradona. It's all well and good saying it was Maradona + 10 in 1986 and 1990 but it's bollocks.

Worth a wee read but I suspect you'll not be interested.

Although I could see the Argies retiring it, I seem to remember Ortega saying it was the biggest honour in his life, when he was handed the number 10 shirt for Argentina.

Not while Messi's playing.

Messi has won multiple champions leagues. Much harder than winning a World Cup. If maradona was capable of winning the WC almost single handedly, why didn’t he win Barcelona or Napoli the European Cup?
Messi had world class players around him.
Maradona never had that luxury

Messi has won multiple champions leagues. Much harder than winning a World Cup. If maradona was capable of winning the WC almost single handedly, why didn’t he win Barcelona or Napoli the European Cup?
You Tube
Type in >Maradona life is life.
Best footballer in the world bar none.

I truly hate the wailing and gnashing of teeth, crocodile tears when someone famous passes, terrible for the nearest and dearest but spare me these silly gestures.

explain why, then.

tenor.gif

what an absolute nonsense. The only thing more frustrating these days than cancellation culture and faux offended is the overreacting tributes and do goodery.

a tramp handed back someones purse, lets set up a go fund me page to help him. What for being a decent human being and not a complete c*%t ? , yeah well done.

leave the number 10 shirt alone.

Back