Andre Villas-Boas

Rankrotten

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/a...-and-his-love-affair-with-scotland/?rid=14258

AvB is in Scotland just now and has confirmed he is looking for a new coaching job.

I’ll see what comes next in football. I’m in no real rush. I was in Russia for three years but my family stayed in Portugal. We’ve just finished building a house there and the children are happy. I like to choose good projects. I don’t know if it will be this season or next season. At the moment I’m enjoying family life.

Get him snapped up.

If Durrant and McCoist took him around the Glasgow pubs as a 17 year old he will know the words to a right few songs.

He must be absolutely minted.

His payoffs from the Chelsea and Spurs jobs alone were into the tens of millions. Then onto Russia and China.

Although there’s a minus 50000 chance we’ll get him, the board should do the decent thing and ask.

Think he done his badges with McCoist and got quite pally with him, as most seem to do.

Ok I’ll bite . Classic case of someone who hasn’t achieved anything of real note without a chequebook as a manager , perhaps portos EL win , and at zenit where he had funny money thrown at him, and yet has been paid out getting sacked on multi million pound contracts after failing terribly at Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur.

He’s made an absolute fortune from the game, it would appear being en vogue Portuguese and young, throw in a fancy sounding name, and the hipster generation go wild for him .

He’s quite rightly loving football - it’s been good to him. A goldmine.

Of course we’d bite the hand off him if there was ANY chance - because it would mean huge investment is coming our way.

But Anyone seriously thinking he’d even contemplate coming to us - please see a doctor ASAP.

Last edited:
If nobody from Rangers has made an attempt to speak to him whilst he is in Scotland then that is really poor. A great opportunity to pitch a project to him.

Ok I’ll bite . Classic case of someone who hasn’t achieved anything of note as a manager , and yet has been paid out getting sacked on multi million pound contracts after failing.

He’s made an absolute fortune from the game, it would appear being en vogue Portuguese and young, throw in a fancy sounding name, and the hipster generation go wild for him .

He’s quite rightly loving football - it’s been good to him. A goldmine.
Just the Europa league and several cups with Porto and Zenit. Nothing compared to the Warnocks of the world who in about 30 years of management has won nout.

Idiots on here probably would turn him down for Livia Soprano (Warnock) whos one of biggest crooks in football!

Probably end up back in the EPL at an Everton etc.

He wants to manage in Germany, going by recent interviews.

A guy who won 4 trophies in an unbeaten season with Porto, picked up 72 points with Spurs which was a healthy return then, win leagues and cups with Zenit, and have a win record sitting at around 60% for his entire career would seem well beyond us right now.

Definite Bluenose.
He used to follow the Teddy Bears on the long wave radio when he was a menino in Porto in the 1980s.

Latest posts

Back